What's your excuse for not being in a relationship?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:59:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What's your excuse for not being in a relationship?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Poll
Question: Typical question from relatives
OKCupid profile contains phrase "as a committed psephologist..."

Saving oneself for Kirsten Gillibrand/Justin Trudeau/attractive politico

The chat-up line "so did you stay up for the local by-elections in Hungary?"

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: What's your excuse for not being in a relationship?  (Read 26715 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2015, 02:04:41 AM »

To a degree, but I'm Catholic. The concern is of chastity, sexual integrity, and so forth.

...having an inner bitterness that makes me untrusting...

Ah, this too. People are not reliable (or predictable or consistent), although I try my best to be.

All of this as well, alongside that I just broke-up ...well except Mormon rather than Catholic.

@Sol: Everyone has standards and conduct of some kind, most aren't arbitrary. Can and should they be bent at times, yes. But they are needed to be kept. And religious standards are but another area.

@Varavour: Ya' never know, my last ex was agnostic...and she ended up being very accepting when I explained the standards...and neither of us were social butterflies, a 1970's politics enthusiast/ map reader and a marine scientist are not exactly areas that lend much to interaction or "keeping up with what's cool".  You just have to be forthright about the standards, and look for common ground where you can, because I highly doubt papers on fascism is ALL you talk about. If it all works out, good luck. If not, oh well.

I still don't consider myself very attractive, but obviously she did.

@Deus: Not everyone gives a hoot about sexual conquest just for the act, some people need attachment and trust. Some give a damn about marriage and family as something more. Not all marriages are nothing but stagnation in that regard anyway. So STHU if you aren't going to try and understand the standards,why he has them and respect them.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2015, 08:37:09 AM »

I think people are misunderstanding what I was saying about Simfan and his religious beliefs--I was talking about Gender Roles, not Sexual Activity. Obviously Simfan shouldn't have premarital sex if he doesn't want it. But I don't think there's a religious reason for him to admonish his lack of 'manliness'.

Since you say you're a bad conversationalist, I highly recommend this book. You may feel silly reading a book about how to talk to girls if you put in the effort I guarantee you this guys advice will help.

Get out please.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2015, 09:47:42 AM »

The institution of marriage should be abolished.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2015, 11:12:44 AM »

As far as appearance, females are far less selective in that regard than us men. Even if you aren't great looking there are girls who don't care that much and some may be intrigued by your "exoticness" (assuming you're clearly African rather than a native black...even better if you have an accent). If you're indistinguishable from a homegrown brotha....let's just say there are plenty of girls who are into that too. As for your physique you're the only one stopping you on that front. Just hit the gym and eat right (ideally fresh fruits and vegetables, plenty of meat, and eggs...no junk or grains).

Since you say you're a bad conversationalist, I highly recommend this book. You may feel silly reading a book about how to talk to girls if you put in the effort I guarantee you this guys advice will help.

Finally, you should be irrationally self-confident. Don't try to delude yourself about your faults (though that certainly isn't your problem), and don't necessarily be a douchebag, just don't apologize or feel the need to make excuses. Act like the African pride male you are. Better to be too confident than too timid. Being confident in yourself will make you much more attractive to women, which is a positive feedback loop since their positive reactions to your confidence will in turn make you more confident in interacting with them, etc.

I feel like I'm going overboard with this lol but seriously bro, your utter lack of confidence and sexual accomplishments pains me. You are in college...for most Western males college is a time of sexual conquest before a lifetime of sexual stagnation and starvation. Unless you plan on returning to your homeland and marrying an old-fashioned Ethiopian gal, you really need to make the most of the present.

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2015, 11:23:23 AM »

No need, Kal.  From my understanding, zealots like Al tend to look forward to this particular event.  I think it has something to do with making Jesus okay with having relations.  At the expense of one's individuality, of course... but such things are hardly important for a religious.

Congrats, Al.  Here's to many nights of Heaven-approved [Inks]ing!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2015, 11:23:45 AM »

Awkwardness, sedentariness and nerdiness are the first things that come to mind. I'm not particularly good looking either.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2015, 11:23:53 AM »

Al?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2015, 11:27:43 AM »

As far as myself, I'm in the market and have been on a few dates recently.  Just didn't click with any of them.  No biggie.  I have titty bars and other salacious avenues through which to satisfy more primal urges. 

And the wording of this question is abominable.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2015, 11:28:36 AM »

I call THE Al and DC Al both "Al".
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2015, 11:30:07 AM »

Joke.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2015, 11:32:43 AM »

Ah.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2015, 11:35:54 AM »

No need, Kal.  From my understanding, zealots like Al tend to look forward to this particular event.  I think it has something to do with making Jesus okay with having relations.  At the expense of one's individuality, of course... but such things are hardly important for a religious.

Thanks... I think.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 12:02:14 PM »

While I hesitate to voice support for anything smacking of red pill, Deus is right insofar that he's correctly diagnosed Simfan's problem as a lack of self confidence.

This problem is often compounded in religious-conservative circles since you are only supposed to date to find a spouse. This results in many folks taking flirting/early dating WAAAAYYY too seriously.

Simfan, you should practice talking to girls on a regular basis, which should help alleviate your conversation issues and give you a confidence boost. And seriously dude, give yourself an honest examination. You're well dressed, educated and belong to a religion that has more women than men. You're great spouse material.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 12:27:05 PM »

Thanks... I think.

You're welcome, guy.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 12:28:18 PM »

I don't know. I really don't have an excuse.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 12:43:58 PM »

Above it.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2015, 12:57:25 PM »

I'm stunned, even coming from you.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2015, 01:02:48 PM »

Not yet out of the closet
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2015, 01:12:27 PM »

While I hesitate to voice support for anything smacking of red pill, Deus is right insofar that he's correctly diagnosed Simfan's problem as a lack of self confidence.

This problem is often compounded in religious-conservative circles since you are only supposed to date to find a spouse. This results in many folks taking flirting/early dating WAAAAYYY too seriously.

Simfan, you should practice talking to girls on a regular basis, which should help alleviate your conversation issues and give you a confidence boost. And seriously dude, give yourself an honest examination. You're well dressed, educated and belong to a religion that has more women than men. You're great spouse material.

Thankfully I'm not looking for a spouse right now and have no intention of doing so (I'm not that conservative), but you don't sound wrong. One might say I am a closeted heterosexual. I look forward to more advice from you, TJ, Cathcon, et al.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2015, 01:42:58 PM »

I knew that.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2015, 01:46:00 PM »

One time I was talking to a girl, she brought up politics, I told her I liked Bernie Sanders, and now she basically thinks I'm Snowstalker.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2015, 01:48:36 PM »

One time I was talking to a girl, she brought up politics, I told her I liked Bernie Sanders, and now she basically thinks I'm Snowstalker.

Frankly, its impressive she even knows who Bernie Sanders is.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2015, 02:38:30 PM »

Perhaps I came off as a little too arrogant. I just don't think that a significant other is ideal for me at this point.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2015, 02:48:14 PM »

And yet you're not above riding your papa's porsche.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2015, 03:19:07 PM »

As far as appearance, females are far less selective in that regard than us men. Even if you aren't great looking there are girls who don't care that much and some may be intrigued by your "exoticness" (assuming you're clearly African rather than a native black...even better if you have an accent). If you're indistinguishable from a homegrown brotha....let's just say there are plenty of girls who are into that too. As for your physique you're the only one stopping you on that front. Just hit the gym and eat right (ideally fresh fruits and vegetables, plenty of meat, and eggs...no junk or grains).

Finally, you should be irrationally self-confident. Don't try to delude yourself about your faults (though that certainly isn't your problem), and don't necessarily be a douchebag, just don't apologize or feel the need to make excuses. Act like the African pride male you are. Better to be too confident than too timid. Being confident in yourself will make you much more attractive to women, which is a positive feedback loop since their positive reactions to your confidence will in turn make you more confident in interacting with them, etc.

I feel like I'm going overboard with this lol but seriously bro, your utter lack of confidence and sexual accomplishments pains me. You are in college...for most Western males college is a time of sexual conquest before a lifetime of sexual stagnation and starvation. Unless you plan on returning to your homeland and marrying an old-fashioned Ethiopian gal, you really need to make the most of the present.

People on this forum really misuse the fedora thing. It's not really applicable to my post which had nothing to with arrogant atheism or MRA's.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies