What's your excuse for not being in a relationship?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:52:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What's your excuse for not being in a relationship?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Poll
Question: Typical question from relatives
OKCupid profile contains phrase "as a committed psephologist..."

Saving oneself for Kirsten Gillibrand/Justin Trudeau/attractive politico

The chat-up line "so did you stay up for the local by-elections in Hungary?"

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: What's your excuse for not being in a relationship?  (Read 26705 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2015, 10:16:45 PM »

And gay guys in NYC are all mentally insane. For example I dated a guy from a Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, an aspiring filmmaker who seemed cool, unique, and artsy....but was a Jewish pedophile with a Hitler Youth fetish who kept 'complimenting' me by telling me "you're so cute, you look like you're in middle school". When I told him I had been a Catholic and gone to Catholic schools, he asked me if the priests had molested me. When I said no, he was like in shock "why not, you're so cute, the priests had to want you". Once in texting he demanded to see my ID cause he said I was lying about my age on my okcupid profile, and that it's ok, it would actually make him happy if I were like 16 rather than the 23 I was at the time. I refused and he relented since he said it's fine cause I'm his "type". He said he was attracted to the "Hitler Youth" look, I just took it to mean he preferred blonds, whatever.

On our first date he paid for dinner refusing to allow to allow me to pay my share. We went to a coffee shop afterward and then to a bar where he had 2 drinks and I had 3. Then he asked me to come back to his place. I was off from work the next day so I said yes. We went to his place, a nice brownstone in a nice neighborhood, it was his parents' house but he had the whole first floor to himself. On his bookshelf he had a menorah, but also a book of images of ideal Hitler Youth boys. I drank some more vodka (Stoli) at his place. I was in bed with him but all the alcohol combined with the gag reflex from what we were doing led me to vomit all over his bed. He like panicked and said I had to leave, but I didn't leave and ultimately he threw me on some sort of mattress on the floor and I blacked out. The next morning his equally Jewish friend Cassie, a psych grad student came over. He apologized for trying to kick me out saying he had just freaked out because he was a Jewish neurotic. The three of us discussed the psychiatric medications we were on while I had coffee and bread and he printed out Google Map directions for me to go home hungover as hell. Luckily right on the corner of his block was the subway stop as well as a juice place with a hangover cure blend, I forget the name of it.  

I didn't text him again thinking things were over, but he actually a few weeks later invited me on a second date. He invited me to be his date along with his friends to some punk art show ("Ubi Sings Ubi") at the Abrons Art Centre by the Williamsburg Bridge. I only had one drink at the punk art show, however I had gotten high prior to arriving at the date, and one drink was enough to cause me to spend that show in the art centre bathroom vomiting and almost passing out. My date still invited me back to his place but expressed concern that we wouldn't be able to do what he wanted to do. I got something to eat and we went back to his place and I indeed passed out midway through. So we did it the next morning instead, then the last thing we discussed was I suggested the use of Veet for hair removal, and that was the end of that dating debacle. A later Google search on his name revealed he was a co-writer of a film called "Boyland", about a relationship between a 60-year-old man and a 14-year-old boy. He also has some pretty crazy YouTube videos, one psychedelic "Boy Crazy Cabaret" in which at one point his head is superimposed to become a singing rabbi.

That's just one of my many fun dating experiences in New York City. And one of my excuses for why I am not in a relationship.

wtf did I just read
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2015, 10:19:31 PM »

I really don't understand what it is about this site that inspires such a propensity for over-sharing.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2015, 10:58:34 PM »

I really don't understand what it is about this site that inspires such a propensity for over-sharing.
What's so difficult to understand? It's anonymous, and full of people who have more or less similar backgrounds and experiences.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2015, 11:07:52 PM »

What's so difficult to understand? It's anonymous, and full of people who have more or less similar backgrounds and experiences.

A majority of the atlas forum members are sheltered middle class young gay guys living with their parents who are pissed off about being single so they spend their time analyzing politics and election data.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2015, 11:15:35 PM »

Or college kids who always have too much time on their hands come weekends, depending on the week on the professor.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2015, 11:38:03 PM »

the one guy who I like (and he likes me) I haven't gotten the chance to ask out.

Huh What's the hold up? Just ask him out if you already know he likes you. You're like at 95% of the process already while all of us are at 0% lol

Lol yeah if you like him and he likes you, and you both want a relationship, why is there nothing happening? It's much easier to find guys when you are in school. Out in the real world these days you have to rely on apps and websites to find guys (I suppose some people still go to bars to meet guys but not many) and trying to get to know random strangers through a phone app or computer is much more difficult than if you're going to school with someone. (And you tend to encounter creeps and liars and much worse things on the apps). You should consider yourself very lucky.
Well, we didn't meet until the beginning of last semester (early September) and we've hanged out a bit and gotten to know each other, but neither of us is ready to make the move yet one step further.

I'm a "sophomore" in our LAMBDA group while he's only a freshman so it technically should be me who asks him out on a date, but I didn't have the guts to do it, and when I thought I was ready to do it one day, he wasn't at school that day. Tongue Luckily, we'll both be back this next semester and school starts back in about a week and a half.

The way I ended up with my last boyfriend was quite simple actually. We only hung out a couple of times before we unexpectedly cuddled/made out one night. My situation right now though isn't as simple since over the past 4 months we've gotten to become better friends than I did with the last guy.

But you're right guys, I shouldn't screw this up. :/ I have a great opportunity here.

You're only a sophomore in college and you have a guy with whom you share mutual attraction going to the same college? Yes, I would say you have a great opportunity!

Lol you must be pretty attractive to just have one boyfriend after another, your love life sounds a lot more successful than most (including mine Tongue).
Yep. We haven't really shared our feelings about each other (more-so just gotten to know each other's lives, hobbies etc.), but I was told by another good friend in LAMBDA that he told her that he likes me, and I imagine someone in the group has told him that I like him.

Relationships that start from school I'm definitely aware are successful though just from experience. Two of the girls in the group have been together for over a year now.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lol well thanks, this convo is getting a bit awkward now. :$

And I don't currently have a bf, my relationships fall apart quickly, and I HATE the stupid dating game, especially since gay dating in the 21st century is all dependent upon the stupid phone apps. Grindr, Hornet, Jack'd, Adam4Adam, BoyAhoy, GuySpy, etc., etc. And people who say that the guys you meet on a dating site like okcupid are necessarily any different or better are lying, based on experience. (So are the gay guys who say they don't use any apps or sites).

Typically I get a lot of messages from guys I'm not attracted to, while I get no responses from a lot of guys I am attracted to. :/

And gay guys in NYC are all mentally insane. For example I dated a guy from a Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, an aspiring filmmaker who seemed cool, unique, and artsy....but was a Jewish pedophile with a Hitler Youth fetish who kept 'complimenting' me by telling me "you're so cute, you look like you're in middle school". When I told him I had been a Catholic and gone to Catholic schools, he asked me if the priests had molested me. When I said no, he was like in shock "why not, you're so cute, the priests had to want you". Once in texting he demanded to see my ID cause he said I was lying about my age on my okcupid profile, and that it's ok, it would actually make him happy if I were like 16 rather than the 23 I was at the time. I refused and he relented since he said it's fine cause I'm his "type". He said he was attracted to the "Hitler Youth" look, I just took it to mean he preferred blonds, whatever.

On our first date he paid for dinner refusing to allow to allow me to pay my share. We went to a coffee shop afterward and then to a bar where he had 2 drinks and I had 3. Then he asked me to come back to his place. I was off from work the next day so I said yes. We went to his place, a nice brownstone in a nice neighborhood, it was his parents' house but he had the whole first floor to himself. On his bookshelf he had a menorah, but also a book of images of ideal Hitler Youth boys. I drank some more vodka (Stoli) at his place. I was in bed with him but all the alcohol combined with the gag reflex from what we were doing led me to vomit all over his bed. He like panicked and said I had to leave, but I didn't leave and ultimately he threw me on some sort of mattress on the floor and I blacked out. The next morning his equally Jewish friend Cassie, a psych grad student came over. He apologized for trying to kick me out saying he had just freaked out because he was a Jewish neurotic. The three of us discussed the psychiatric medications we were on while I had coffee and bread and he printed out Google Map directions for me to go home hungover as hell. Luckily right on the corner of his block was the subway stop as well as a juice place with a hangover cure blend, I forget the name of it.  

I didn't text him again thinking things were over, but he actually a few weeks later invited me on a second date. He invited me to be his date along with his friends to some punk art show ("Ubi Sings Ubi") at the Abrons Art Centre by the Williamsburg Bridge. I only had one drink at the punk art show, however I had gotten high prior to arriving at the date, and one drink was enough to cause me to spend that show in the art centre bathroom vomiting and almost passing out. My date still invited me back to his place but expressed concern that we wouldn't be able to do what he wanted to do. I got something to eat and we went back to his place and I indeed passed out midway through. So we did it the next morning instead, then the last thing we discussed was I suggested the use of Veet for hair removal, and that was the end of that dating debacle. A later Google search on his name revealed he was a co-writer of a film called "Boyland", about a relationship between a 60-year-old man and a 14-year-old boy. He also has some pretty crazy YouTube videos, one psychedelic "Boy Crazy Cabaret" in which at one point his head is superimposed to become a singing rabbi.

That's just one of my many fun dating experiences in New York City. And one of my excuses for why I am not in a relationship.

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2015, 11:55:37 PM »

Here's a real catshark:
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2015, 12:19:01 AM »

I'm really enjoying this guy and his stories. Please continue!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2015, 12:25:18 AM »

You gays do the strangest things. A week or two ago I remember someone retelling me how this kid in his class had met a guy in a bar and by the end of the week was being flown out to LA to see the guy. I mean you just dive all in, so to speak. So involved, so fast.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2015, 12:51:13 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2015, 01:01:38 AM by retromike22 »

You gays do the strangest things. A week or two ago I remember someone retelling me how this kid in his class had met a guy in a bar and by the end of the week was being flown out to LA to see the guy. I mean you just dive all in, so to speak. So involved, so fast.

Wait..... you mean there are steps in-between? Straight dating customs always remind me of North Korean negotiations.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2015, 01:04:38 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2015, 02:23:15 AM by Senator Libertas »

I'm really enjoying this guy and his stories. Please continue!

Well the story kinda ended cuz everyone I knew was telling me not to see him again. They didn't want me even going on the 2nd date. Plus I pissed him off because I had promised I would not drink or be high for our second date, and obviously I broke that promise. He said he had to pay for dinner and drinks and things and take care of me because I was his "little twink boy", but that didn't want to have to take care of me being drunk or high all the time and told me I should me I should go to rehab, which I took offense to. He complained that I kept repeating the same things over and over again during the memory loss from drug usage.

He did say he forgave me for throwing up all over his bed, because he said I probably threw up because of "what we were doing" which triggered my gag reflex, like I used to stick my finger down my throat to purge except in this case something bigger than a finger which was even more likely to trigger vomiting.

I showed my gf his YouTube videos, and she said I better not see him again and that she is screening all my future dates, and I was like f[inks] that. I actually liked his Boy Crazy Cabaret video, I would highly recommend viewing it if you're interested in a crazy gay Jewish pedophile guy singing in a psychadelic video. As I said, he is a very artsy type. She's working class Irish with a high school diploma a few years older than me, I told her she just didn't get art the way artsy gay Jews like this guy did.

Anyway people kept telling me was "grooming" me like a pedophile grooms children, I said that was ridiculous cause he was 21 and I was 23, but they were like age doesn't matter. I did look younger than him obviously, he said Jews had bad genes that made them age poorly, his friend Cassie said the same thing, he kept asking me about my ancestry and if I had any Nazi concentration camp guard relatives cause that would turn him on. I told him no and he was disappointed and would keep asking the question. So okay that was weird. But when I told this to the stupid friends of mine they were like "oh what if he's planning on some Jewish revenge fantasy where he gasses you" .

But he kept trying to pry into my ancestry cause he was like where did I get my perfect youthful Aryan genes from. I pointed out to him that I have brown eyes, so I'm not a perfect "Aryan" and he was like "oh I didn't even notice, why'd you tell me" and he suggested I get blue eye contact lenses. When I asked why he was like "cause it would make me happy". (He had very dark hair and eyes)

Anyway I argued, if this guy were in fact a pedophile, wouldn't it be better for me to date him and let him get his sexual release out on me, a legal adult, rather than have him go after actual underage boys but my friends were like it's not my job to protect little boys, I need to stop seeing this creep ASAP.

Our first date was at this organic restaurant in Chelsea, he was big on like organic and vegan things even though he wasn't vegan or even a vegetarian and we both ate overpriced organic meatloaf. I mentioned that I had gone to high school in Chelsea, and he said oh I want to see it, so we walked by it. So then they had me guilty thinking I had introduced a pedophile to a place to pick up little Catholic school boys from my old high school. But I really don't think he would bother making the trip from Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn to Chelsea, Manhattan, if he were a pedo there were plenty of little boys in Brooklyn to prey in.

I told this full story to my therapists. One of them is very big on being "non-judgmental" and not telling me what to do and he was like well you have to use your own judgement about whether to see the Jewish pedophile again. The other therapist said it sounds like this guy had some issues and I should avoid him, I mentioned that he was on Lamictal, which I knew was a mood stabilizer, and the psychologist asked if he was bipolar or something cause those are often the most creative people. I told the therapist that the guy (his name is Felix, I should have just established that from the beginning) told me that he was only on Lamictal to control seizures and he didn't want to become a drug addict like me.

Whatever, it's all over and in the past now. I think he did appreciate the tip about using Veet for hair removal even in sensitive regions, as long as you buy the women's sensitive and not men's Veet or Nair.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2015, 01:20:39 AM »

I can't tell if Lief is being sarcastic lol, but boy, what it must've been to be a fly on that wall.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2015, 01:21:53 AM »

Looks like Bushie is going to have to up his game.....   
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2015, 04:04:51 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2015, 04:21:48 AM by Deus Naturae »

Wait Libertas did you go to Xavier?

Edit: A forum search reveals that you did. LOL...I never thought I'd find a fellow alumnus on the Atlas Forum of all places. Sorry if we got off on the wrong foot.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2015, 04:04:57 AM »

I told the therapist that the guy (his name is Felix, I should have just established that from the beginning) told me that he was only on Lamictal to control seizures and he didn't want to become a drug addict like me.

What drugs are you addicted to?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2015, 04:41:18 AM »

As for the story, is this the Jewish boyfriend you referenced when you first requested to be unbanned? If so that's even more hilarious.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2015, 06:44:17 AM »

My excuse is that I'm weird.

Any chick would probably give up and run away after just a few hours.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2015, 07:16:21 AM »

My excuse is that I'm weird.

Any chick would probably give up and run away after just a few hours.

Protip: don't mention Krampus on your first date. Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2015, 08:54:08 AM »

Well, you can always find a weird girl.

That's what happens to me all the time.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2015, 11:32:03 AM »
« Edited: January 04, 2015, 11:34:37 AM by Governor Varavour »

As for the story, is this the Jewish boyfriend you referenced when you first requested to be unbanned? If so that's even more hilarious.

Oh, I remember that. Peverse.

Also that book you told me to read, "DAY BANG", was absolutely ridiculous. After that I read "DON'T BANG LATVIA", which was even sillier.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2015, 03:19:05 PM »

No, this guy predates the Jewish boyfriend I referenced. I never considered my involvement with him to be anything more than a fling.

Ironically, for anyone who knows my extreme Catholic past, the guys I've dated over the years have been disproportionately Jewish, which I suppose is a natural product of living in New York City.

And yes, I am an alumnus of Xavier High School, which I showed him since the restaurant we ate at was so close in Chelsea. He and his friend Cassie were very curious to know about Catholic school and what it is like, I just said it meant the school was mostly Irish and Italian, but they were remained intrigued and interested in me over going to Catholic schools. Amazing how religion divides people who live in the same city into totally different bubbles.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2015, 03:52:08 PM »

All the people I have the most chemistry with are women, and one's a Mormon and one's a lesbian. Plus also there are only four queer guys at my school who are my age or older (I have a policy of not being the dominant partner) and two are too close friends to date and they're all taken. Plus also I'm too afraid of ing it all up.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »

All the people I have the most chemistry with are women, and one's a Mormon and one's a lesbian. Plus also there are only four queer guys at my school who are my age or older (I have a policy of not being the dominant partner) and two are too close friends to date and they're all taken. Plus also I'm too afraid of ing it all up.

Sounds like you might be interested in women.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2015, 04:45:36 PM »

If you are young, and you have both friends and occasional sex; I'm not really sure why you need to be in a relationship. Tongue
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2015, 04:48:42 PM »

If you are young, and you have both friends and occasional sex; I'm not really sure why you need to be in a relationship. Tongue

That's always a dilemma for me. I want a LTR and an actual boyfriend. Dates that turn out to be nothing more than hookups always make me more depressed in the end. Yet I don't want to meet 'the one' just yet and then be committed to one person for the rest of my life while only in my 20s.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies