Happy New Years! Your New Years Present Is Here! :D
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:45:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Happy New Years! Your New Years Present Is Here! :D
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Happy New Years! Your New Years Present Is Here! :D  (Read 7044 times)
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2015, 02:52:20 PM »

Definitely the way the Atlas would have a New Years celebration. Tongue

Welcome back though. It always makes me happy to see Atlas posters from the past return.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2015, 11:56:24 PM »

Good to know that the mob of worthless cretins on the mod team somehow managed to learn literally nothing from the Einzige debacle!

Lol we were friends while I was here right up until I was banned, then you decided I was evil and have been the most vociferous opponent of my unbanning.

As evidence, posts dated as late as November 28, 2010, just weeks before I was banned, in which you endorsed me for the Senate and gave me a smiley face out of personal friendship even though you acknowledged we had 'massive political differences'.

Given our massive political differences I'm not sure if I can endorse you, but good luck. Smiley

I doubt you'll need my vote to win anyway. Tongue

Endorsed. We don't agree on, uh, anything, really, but debate's a good thing.

So we were friends until the end while I was here...at which point during the 4 years I was BANNED and unable to post anything did you decide I was Satan and that unbanning me would be the downfall of Atlas Forum?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2015, 12:22:08 AM »

I can't say I'm aware of the controversy here. I fully registered in 2012 and had been an occasional lurker since 2008, but not into the interpersonal drama of forum members. Whatever the case is, I have no issue here and I think almost everyone deserves a second chance. As a fellow Democrat, welcome back. Smiley

Definitely the way the Atlas would have a New Years celebration. Tongue

Welcome back though. It always makes me happy to see Atlas posters from the past return.

Thank you for the welcome back. I appreciate the kind sentiments and look forward to positive interactions with you guys now that I'm here. Smiley
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2015, 02:20:21 AM »

I really miss the old Libertas. Used to really enjoy reading your posts, but this new schtick is already almost too much.

Well you have my apologies, but the old Libertas never really existed, he was a work of fiction. And what was there to enjoy about the old Libertas?

In this thread I have been complimented by being called "hot", an "FF", and "some sort of Democratic party-hack gay hedonist", so the 2015 version of me seems to be more popular overall.

I know there are some people who liked the "old" Libertas who will miss him. But I'm sure there are other teenaged right-wing "libertarian" trolls who have joined the forum since to satisfy that quota.

Don't sell yourself short. You were one of a kind.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2015, 02:22:48 AM »

Good to know that the mob of worthless cretins on the mod team somehow managed to learn literally nothing from the Einzige debacle!

Lol we were friends while I was here right up until I was banned, then you decided I was evil and have been the most vociferous opponent of my unbanning.

As evidence, posts dated as late as November 28, 2010, just weeks before I was banned, in which you endorsed me for the Senate and gave me a smiley face out of personal friendship even though you acknowledged we had 'massive political differences'.

Given our massive political differences I'm not sure if I can endorse you, but good luck. Smiley

So we were friends until the end while I was here...at which point during the 4 years I was BANNED and unable to post anything did you decide I was Satan and that unbanning me would be the downfall of Atlas Forum?

Well, he turned in a very sour person wanting to ban pretty much anyone and complaining about everything. Or he pretends to be that. Don't take it personal.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2015, 07:26:13 AM »

Jesus, this is disturbing. Please stop PMing me.

All too late I realised that providing people with (pseudo) respect that they transparently didn't deserve was both facile and, actually, counterproductive - why should someone who spent half their time on this forum comparing the moderation policy to lynching (!) be accorded a modicum of 'friendliness' or respect? It's this kind of pathetic "Nice guy FF! Smiley" attitude that makes this forum the way it is.

I'm not sure why you care what my opinion of your return is. Regardless it is not clear to me why the mod team is bothering to take the risk of unbanning you. It's all downside, as we can tell by how this thread has gone. Your apparent transformation into (I wish I could take credit for this but I can't) gay opebo only strengthens the case. That the attention seeking behaviour has shifted from racism and foul libertarian trolling to posting about your degenerate nocturnal adventures is, I suppose, an improvement, but in the sense that you'd be happy to have bowel cancer instead of pancreatic.

Perhaps we should unban Roachambeau next.

In short, I'm inclined to second Nhoj's point-

And another person I hardly remember interacting with now prejudging me negatively...

It's been like 4 years, let it go and give me another chance to contribute to this forum in a positive way.
The ones we did have were probably negative and not interacting much doesn't mean I didn't read the forum at the time.
In any case im not prejudging, since you have already made new posts by which to judge you by and the conclusion is the same.

EDIT: Never mind, I realised you're a Democrat now. It's all fine!

Well, he turned in a very sour person wanting to ban pretty much anyone and complaining about everything. Or he pretends to be that. Don't take it personal.

It really took incredible restraint to not respond to this post with the obvious.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2015, 10:19:35 AM »

Mods, please re-ban Libertas, it is not too late to correct your mistake!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2015, 11:14:21 AM »

In this case Oakvale's complaints are not exactly without merit.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2015, 11:21:57 AM »

Mods, please re-ban Libertas, it is not too late to correct your mistake!
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2015, 02:45:27 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2015, 02:54:17 PM by Senator Libertas »

Oakvale is evidently also guilty of excessive hyperbole now. Unless a grand total of ONE PM constitutes "disturbing".

Jesus, this is disturbing. Please stop PMing me.

And he is judging my lifestyle as "degenerate" based on nothing and using that as a basis for why I should be re-banned. It sounds like Oakvale has taken my old place as the only person who really wants to bring back the totally unexpected Spanish Inquisition. I did not realize my personal life was subject to review by the morality police (i.e. Oakvale) before deciding who is allowed to post here. And calling me "gay opebo"? That's just....lulz.....
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2015, 02:54:49 PM »

Lol, some people need to work on anger management.
Maistre
United States

« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2015, 02:57:37 PM »

Oakvale is evidently also guilty of excessive hyperbole now. Unless a grand total of ONE PM constitutes "disturbing".

Well, if you told another one of your stories in that message, one is enough to merit "distrubing".
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2015, 03:01:58 PM »

You weren't even here while I was here, Oakvale was friendly toward me while I was here (apparently he spent a lot of time thinking about me while I wasn't even here to change his mind against me), and I don't know who the Green Oklahoma Tzar guy is.

Marokai is the only one who is at least consistent in criticizing me, although I suspect he is motivated more by an old grudge against me as opposed to actually supporting Oakvale as Grand Inquisitor to judge if people are "morally straight" enough to be allowed on the Atlas Forum.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2015, 03:11:26 PM »

And as for the "upsides" of my unbanning (though I shouldn't have to defend my current presence any more than other poster)...my unbanning allows me to reconnect with old friends, make new friends with posters I didn't know before, make peace with former enemies, as well as to provide my personal contributions to discussions about politics and elections as someone who works in politics and has worked on election campaigns, as well as to share maps and data, etc. In other words to bring a unique perspective to the Atlas Forum just like any other poster.

What are the "upsides" of allowing you to remain on the Atlas Oakvale? Do they outweigh the "downsides"? Rhetorical questions I don't expect you to answer, but they highlight how ridiculous you are being in your argument against me being allowed to post here. Every poster has his "upsides" and "downsides", to imply that I am just totally without value is a rather nasty thing to do.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2015, 03:34:56 PM »

Re: ^

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2015, 03:41:17 PM »

Lol if you are implying I've displayed any anger in this thread Oakvale.

Me making a calm reasoned defense of my existence on this forum =/= your angry rant above and your overall anger at me and the mods and the world that seems pervasive in your posting.

MaxQue seems to have the nail on the head, and you should take Kalwejt's advice.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2015, 03:41:57 PM »

Me making a calm reasoned defense of my existence on this forum =/= your angry rant above and your overall anger at me and the mods and the world that seems pervasive in your posting.

MaxQue seems to have the nail on the head, and you should take Kalwejt's advice.

Stop obsessing.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2015, 03:53:14 PM »

I've been known to partake in gay orgies until 5 in the morning on third floors of unmarked buildings in dark alleys off Times Square (vestiges of the "old" Times Square are still there, if you know how to find them).

Eww.

Oh come now, lots of people addicted to meth do this.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2015, 03:54:56 PM »

Stop obsessing.

Merely responding to a post telling me I need anger management is obsessing?

All I did was point out that Oakvale was actually not one of the people calling for my head back when I was here the first time but rather was actually friendly toward me to the bitter end...which makes his anger at my unbanning as if it were the apocalypse disingenuous. Okay so he was only pretending to be nice and friendly and really hated me, or MaxQue is right and he has just become a sour person. Whatever.

For whatever reason Oakvale has long been in control of the Atlas Mibbit Chat, arbitrarily booting out people he dislikes, which is the only reason I care at this point in understanding exactly why Oakvale has come to despise me so much.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2015, 04:07:45 PM »

I've been known to partake in gay orgies until 5 in the morning on third floors of unmarked buildings in dark alleys off Times Square (vestiges of the "old" Times Square are still there, if you know how to find them).

Eww.

Oh come now, lots of people addicted to meth do this.

I have never used meth in my life, unless by "meth" you are actually referring to methoxetamine, which I am not addicted to.

This is what some consenting adults choose to do when they live in New York City and crave excitement. Particularly the sort of excitement that used to exist in NYC before Giuliani and Bloomberg turned Times Square into Disneyland. It's a small vestige of the old NYC. Except there is a no-drugs policy and condoms are ubiquitous and required.

Nobody can judge me for this without being a hypocrite unless you are either a virgin/celibate or have been in a lifelong committed relationship and have never had sex with anyone other than one person.

And that was one small sentence in a long introductory paragraph filled with a lot more significant information about who I am that has since been deleted because that line was all some people wanted to obsess over.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2015, 04:26:58 PM »

You weren't even here while I was here, Oakvale was friendly toward me while I was here (apparently he spent a lot of time thinking about me while I wasn't even here to change his mind against me), and I don't know who the Green Oklahoma Tzar guy is.

Marokai is the only one who is at least consistent in criticizing me, although I suspect he is motivated more by an old grudge against me as opposed to actually supporting Oakvale as Grand Inquisitor to judge if people are "morally straight" enough to be allowed on the Atlas Forum.

Oakvale is right- people are too passive about bad posters. I mean, I was once banned, and yet no one- including the BAN BOYS- has really complained over the past year or so since I was allowed back. Which is a change from how it was before.

But switching from one terrible to another is not progress. I remember you asking to let back because you were now gay. Which is absurd.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2015, 04:38:15 PM »

Oakvale is right- people are too passive about bad posters. I mean, I was once banned, and yet no one- including the BAN BOYS- has really complained over the past year or so since I was allowed back. Which is a change from how it was before.

But switching from one terrible to another is not progress. I remember you asking to let back because you were now gay. Which is absurd.

Um, I've never asked to be let back because I am gay. That would be utterly ridiculous and would hardly be a compelling argument to any moderator. Do you seriously think Badger and Nym said "oh he's gay we have to let him back"?

I asked to be let back because I'm not an extremist Catholic anti-Semitic "libertarian" troll anymore. Rather I have positive contributions to make to the Atlas forum.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2015, 04:39:30 PM »

How can one be a radical libertarian Catholic?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2015, 04:41:57 PM »

Cf. my posting history prior to 1 January 2015.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2015, 04:47:03 PM »

Cf. my posting history prior to 1 January 2015.

I doubt it made much sense. Either way, I want a refund.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies