Happy New Years! Your New Years Present Is Here! :D
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:33:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Happy New Years! Your New Years Present Is Here! :D
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Happy New Years! Your New Years Present Is Here! :D  (Read 7046 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2015, 04:50:44 PM »

How can one be a radical libertarian Catholic?

Cf. my posting history prior to 1 January 2015.

I doubt it made much sense. Either way, I want a refund.

There are many radical libertarian Catholics. Tom Woods for example. I don't know what refund you want, you never paid me anything.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2015, 05:32:18 PM »

Given that you were also banned and then allowed to return after a waiting period, I wouldn't go there if I were you.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2015, 05:42:04 PM »

Given that you were also banned and then allowed to return after a waiting period, I wouldn't go there if I were you.

But I would! If they mods think I deserve to be re-banned, let them re-ban me. I said as much just on the previous page.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2015, 06:12:21 PM »

But I would! If they mods think I deserve to be re-banned, let them re-ban me. I said as much just on the previous page.

Well, as someone who had to wait and prove that your change is genuine, I would expect little more understanding for the others in the same position. I not trying to compare your past record to Libertas'. I simply believe now that he was being unbanned, we should at least wait a little bot before jumping into conclusion, because to rapidly re-ban him would be judiciously inconsistent.

Btw, I agree the people here are too pasive regarding bad posters, but I'm not prepared to call Libertas "bad poster" just yet.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2015, 06:29:59 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2015, 06:31:59 PM by Governor Varavour »

Well, as someone who had to wait and prove that your change is genuine, I would expect little more understanding for the others in the same position. I not trying to compare your past record to Libertas'. I simply believe now that he was being unbanned, we should at least wait a little bot before jumping into conclusion, because to rapidly re-ban him would be judiciously inconsistent.

Btw, I agree the people here are too pasive regarding bad posters, but I'm not prepared to call Libertas "bad poster" just yet.

You have a point. A more accurate comparison, however, would be if I had immediately resumed making nonsensical remarks after returning, pretended that my views had completely changed because I had fallen down a flight of stairs, all while several suspicious sock puppet accounts appeared on the forum. That is to say, if I resumed doing the things I had gotten banned for in the first place, merely from a different standpoint. That appears to be what is happening here.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2015, 06:37:47 PM »

Er, what exactly is libertas currently doing that is at all ban worthy?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2015, 06:55:11 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2015, 07:03:43 PM by Governor Varavour »

Returning and immediately agitating half the forum is not a good sign, by any standard.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2015, 06:56:27 PM »

He's not agitating anyone. Some people are coming out of the woodwork to attack him and tell him to leave, and he is calmly replying to them.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2015, 06:59:35 PM »

He's not agitating anyone. Some people are coming out of the woodwork to attack him and tell him to leave, and he is calmly replying to them.

He has agitated most of our better posters.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2015, 07:05:28 PM »

What specifically has he done to agitate anyone? What he has done to them that cannot be solved with the ignore button? If they're such spoiled children that they cannot bear to use the forum because a person they dislike is not immediately banned from it, then good riddance.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2015, 08:44:29 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2015, 08:50:08 PM by Tzar and IDS Legislator X, Primate of Atlasia »

You weren't even here while I was here, Oakvale was friendly toward me while I was here (apparently he spent a lot of time thinking about me while I wasn't even here to change his mind against me), and I don't know who the Green Oklahoma Tzar guy is.

Marokai is the only one who is at least consistent in criticizing me, although I suspect he is motivated more by an old grudge against me as opposed to actually supporting Oakvale as Grand Inquisitor to judge if people are "morally straight" enough to be allowed on the Atlas Forum.

Actually I was, but thanks for playing.  I remember your little temper-tantrums when the Vatican and Calvin Coolidge got eliminated in your survivors, to say nothing of your rampant anti-Semitism and general  douchebaggery.  You may've changed up your act, but it seems you can't help yourself regarding your attention-seeking behavior.  I can only speak for myself, but as someone who actually is Jewish, I found your posts pretty offensive whether they reflected your real beliefs or not.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2015, 09:50:54 PM »

You weren't even here while I was here, Oakvale was friendly toward me while I was here (apparently he spent a lot of time thinking about me while I wasn't even here to change his mind against me), and I don't know who the Green Oklahoma Tzar guy is.

Marokai is the only one who is at least consistent in criticizing me, although I suspect he is motivated more by an old grudge against me as opposed to actually supporting Oakvale as Grand Inquisitor to judge if people are "morally straight" enough to be allowed on the Atlas Forum.

Actually I was, but thanks for playing.  I remember your little temper-tantrums when the Vatican and Calvin Coolidge got eliminated in your survivors, to say nothing of your rampant anti-Semitism and general  douchebaggery.  You may've changed up your act, but it seems you can't help yourself regarding your attention-seeking behavior.  I can only speak for myself, but as someone who actually is Jewish, I found your posts pretty offensive whether they reflected your real beliefs or not.

You're not paying very close attention. That post wasn't addressed to you although I did refer to you.

As for offending you, although I don't remember you personally you have my apologies, I have already apologized repeatedly for anti-Semitic trolling from over four years ago. You have the right to not forgive me. But I was a teenage troll on an internet forum whose most blatantly anti-Semitic act was posting cartoonishly stupid surreal photoshopped images I got off some website, I was not a freaking Nazi prison guard. So to impugn my character today based on stupid things posted as far back as when I was only 18 is a tad unfair in my opinion.

I don't know where this accusation of "attention seeking behavior" comes from. I have been here 3 days. I made one thread, an introductory thread, originally a long post introducing myself but then cut down to just announcing my return to avoid appearing "attention seeking". Of course a controversial banned poster announcing his return with an introduction thread was going to attract attention. There are plenty of "attention seekers" on this forum. "Attention seekers" who spend all their time talking about the professional attention whores we call politicians.  If "attention seeking behavior" were a bannable offense, BushOklahoma would have been been banned about a hundred Updates ago. But it's not.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2015, 09:54:02 PM »

Wait were you the one with the hilarious David Dees cartoons in your signature?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2015, 10:05:48 PM »

Wait were you the one with the hilarious David Dees cartoons in your signature?
Oh yeah those were what I was referring to, I had forgotten the name of the source.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2015, 10:15:52 PM »

You're not paying very close attention. That post wasn't addressed to you although I did refer to you.

As for offending you, although I don't remember you personally you have my apologies, I have already apologized repeatedly for anti-Semitic trolling from over four years ago. You have the right to not forgive me. But I was a teenage troll on an internet forum whose most blatantly anti-Semitic act was posting cartoonishly stupid surreal photoshopped images I got off some website, I was not a freaking Nazi prison guard. So to impugn my character today based on stupid things posted as far back as when I was only 18 is a tad unfair in my opinion.

I don't know where this accusation of "attention seeking behavior" comes from. I have been here 3 days. I made one thread, an introductory thread, originally a long post introducing myself but then cut down to just announcing my return to avoid appearing "attention seeking". Of course a controversial banned poster announcing his return with an introduction thread was going to attract attention. There are plenty of "attention seekers" on this forum. "Attention seekers" who spend all their time talking about the professional attention whores we call politicians.  If "attention seeking behavior" were a bannable offense, BushOklahoma would have been been banned about a hundred Updates ago. But it's not.

Look, if it becomes clear you've really changed after you've been here for a while, I'll forgive you sooner or later.  However, forgiveness  is sometimes something that has to be earned and this is one of those cases. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2015, 07:56:15 AM »

Returning and immediately agitating half the forum is not a good sign, by any standard.

Some of our members are easily agitated, regardless of a subject.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2015, 11:36:36 AM »

Look, if it becomes clear you've really changed after you've been here for a while, I'll forgive you sooner or later.  However, forgiveness  is sometimes something that has to be earned and this is one of those cases. 

Very well, entirely understandable, makes you far more reasonable than all the "agitated" posters who can't get over silly over-the-top trolling from 4+ years ago by an immature child for which I have already profusely apologized.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2015, 09:25:28 PM »

Very well, entirely understandable, makes you far more reasonable than all the "agitated" posters who can't get over silly over-the-top trolling from 4+ years ago by an immature child for which I have already profusely apologized.

The reasons you were originally banned--rampant anti-semitism, extreme right wing conspiracy theories, general nastiness--are long gone and wholly apologized for.

The concerns people mention now--attention whoring with no filter and a need to respond to EVERY comment--is totally different, but highly concerning in a different, but very real, way.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies