Opinion of Hillary Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:42:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Hillary Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: What is Your Opinion of Hillay Clinton
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: Opinion of Hillary Clinton  (Read 3818 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 11:17:28 PM »

This poll proves what nobody wants to admit: That this forum is actually a hive for anti-Hillary sentiment that is broadly unrepresentative of the general population, not the other way around as many claim. She's almost always on positive ground in polls, with her favorability among Democrats hovering around ~90%. What is her favorability among Atlas Dems? 60/40, at best?
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 11:34:27 PM »

The coalition of right wingers and True Leftists once again comes out in force.

If you're not a "True Leftist," then I'm not a "right winger."  Hillary Clinton is just not very likeable...
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 11:41:09 PM »

If you're not a "True Leftist," then I'm not a "right winger."  Hillary Clinton is just not very likeable...

On Atlas.  Out in the real world, however....   
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2015, 11:59:54 PM »

She's the best ever.  She's the most brutal, the most vicious.  Nobody can stop her.  There's never been anybody as ruthless.  Jeb Bush?  He's no Abe Lincoln.  Hillary is Abe Lincoln.  She's FDR, she's Sonny Liston, she's Boudica, she's Xena Warrior Princess.  There's no one like her.  Her style is impetuous, her defense is impregnable, she's just ferocious.  She's going to eat your heart.  She's going to eat your children.  Praise be to Allah! 

FF
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 12:11:45 AM »

The problem is, among high information citizens Hillary's favorability is low. These are the people who both know a lot about politics and have made up their mind in a very fixed way. As the campaign heats up, and the low information citizens currently propping Hillary up in the polls start to engage and pay more attention, they are going to encounter the former high information group. And in that clash, the high information citizen with the more firm opinion will tend to win out. It's more like an irresistible force encountering a movable object, than the reverse. And at that point, Hillary collapses. Again. Just like Martha Coakley. Hillary must certainly be personally and psychologically prepared for such an outcome, should she decide to run. I'm also thinking that the danger to her life and limb is unusually high, perhaps even higher than Obama, due to the large number of extremely deranged haters out there. I still think the best option for her would be to forgo the race.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2015, 06:23:11 AM »

If you're not a "True Leftist," then I'm not a "right winger.
what
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2015, 08:18:30 AM »

How no one yet pointed out that the question is "Opinon of Hillay Clinton"....
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 09:18:58 AM »

She's the best ever.  She's the most brutal, the most vicious.  Nobody can stop her.  There's never been anybody as ruthless.  Jeb Bush?  He's no Abe Lincoln.  Hillary is Abe Lincoln.  She's FDR, she's Sonny Liston, she's Boudica, she's Xena Warrior Princess.  There's no one like her.  Her style is impetuous, her defense is impregnable, she's just ferocious.  She's going to eat your heart.  She's going to eat your children.  Praise be to Allah! 

FF
She will eat your children, but is that good?
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 10:24:28 AM »

Hillary Clinton voted for what will hopefully remain the greatest war crime of the 21st century: Bush's Iraq War. That makes her automatic HP in my opinion.

Now if this were Hillary vs. pretty much any Republican you can name (only people who are alive, please), then I would vote for Hillary.

However I live in New York, our 29 electoral votes will automatically go to Hillary no matter who I vote for.

The only way I could possibly change my position on Hillary to forgive her for the Iraq War would be if she ran- and followed through on- a true "change" platform that consisted of more than just continuing the Obama status quo, i.e., pushing true single-payer universal healthcare, a guaranteed living wage, an end to fossil fuels, pushing real Wall Street banking regulation, and oh yeah, not invading other countries nor being beholden to the state of Israel when it commits war crimes and murders children. 

And that's a big if.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 12:07:53 PM »

On Atlas.  Out in the real world, however....   

Sorry, I was completely referring to my personal opinion there.  I know she's relatively popular.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2015, 12:30:16 PM »

Um you do know Bacon voted for Tony Abbott right?
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2015, 12:44:36 PM »

I know nothing about Bacon other than his red avatar, but it's quite annoying that this board operates under the assumption that the Democrats are this common sense, centrist party therefore anyone to their right is crazy.
Maistre
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2015, 12:51:13 PM »

I'm also thinking that the danger to her life and limb is unusually high, perhaps even higher than Obama, due to the large number of extremely deranged haters out there. I still think the best option for her would be to forgo the race.

Why would someone with experience in dodging sniper fire be afraid of assassination attempts?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2015, 12:55:51 PM »

If you're not a "True Leftist," then I'm not a "right winger."  Hillary Clinton is just not very likeable...

I know nothing about Bacon other than his red avatar, but it's quite annoying that this board operates under the assumption that the Democrats are this common sense, centrist party therefore anyone to their right is crazy.

Oh, it seemed like you were accusing him of being a True Leftist.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2015, 12:57:15 PM »

anyway in answer to the question: BENGHAZI!
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2015, 06:04:26 PM »

If you're not a "True Leftist," then I'm not a "right winger."  Hillary Clinton is just not very likeable...

Oh, it seemed like you were accusing him of being a True Leftist.
I knew what he was trying to say. I know right wingers and non-Democrats aren't all crazy. Also my support for the Abbott government is no longer and has been that way for some months now.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 06:07:21 PM »

HP
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2015, 06:15:23 PM »

HP

Political opportunist of the worst kind
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2015, 07:25:50 PM »

It is interesting to read the shrill responses.

"Soulless" "opportunist" ... gee, good thing no one else like that gets into politics.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2015, 07:54:51 PM »

Not a fan.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 08:05:39 PM »

Not sure how that relates to either BaconBacon96 or CrabCake's posts but ok
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2015, 08:54:55 PM »

Hillary Clinton voted for what will hopefully remain the greatest war crime of the 21st century: Bush's Iraq War. That makes her automatic HP in my opinion.

Well, are you outraged at Vice President Biden and Senate (now minority) leader Reid? Because they voted for the war as well. I never once heard any angst about them from ANYBODY on the left. Nope, not even the guy a heartbeat away from the presidency. It only seems to matter when it's about Hillary.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2015, 09:15:47 PM »

Well, are you outraged at Vice President Biden and Senate (now minority) leader Reid? Because they voted for the war as well. I never once heard any angst about them from ANYBODY on the left. Nope, not even the guy a heartbeat away from the presidency. It only seems to matter when it's about Hillary.
You haven't heard me then.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2015, 09:53:21 PM »

I browsed Daily Kos during the time when Obama picked Biden as VP. Nary a peep. Nearly all the responses were either positive (yeah! foreign policy experience!) or neutral. Of the few that were negative, it was more because Biden was a "boring old white guy" and part of the "old guard" as opposed to his vote for the Iraq War.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2015, 09:59:43 PM »

I browsed Daily Kos during the time when Obama picked Biden as VP. Nary a peep. Nearly all the responses were either positive (yeah! foreign policy experience!) or neutral. Of the few that were negative, it was more because Biden was a "boring old white guy" and part of the "old guard" as opposed to his vote for the Iraq War.

On the topic of Iraq, I respected her more for her response once it was clear that evidence was fabricated. Unlike Edwards who fell on his knees to beg for forgiveness, she said "yup, I wouldn't have repeated that vote... but I have a responsibility to try to execute it properly".

She didn't deny, with all evidence that it wasn't an error and she didn't run away from it. Frankly, one of the things that irked me about Obama when he was running in 08 was him nailing his 02 statement to the mast about he wouldn't have voted to authorise (how brave) but then ex-sponged the 04 speech when he was running for Senate when he suddenly said 'well, I don't know how I would have voted'.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies