Opinion of Hillary Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:20:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Hillary Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: What is Your Opinion of Hillay Clinton
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: Opinion of Hillary Clinton  (Read 3808 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2015, 10:01:34 PM »

HP.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2015, 02:47:26 AM »

It is interesting to read the shrill responses.

"Soulless" "opportunist" ... gee, good thing no one else like that gets into politics.
I said an opportunist of the worst kind.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2015, 06:34:14 PM »

"Soulless" "opportunist" ... gee, good thing no one else like that gets into politics.

How?

I keep hearing these views of her, but I don't see anything different to any other politician nor any real evidence to suggest why she's apparently the worst person in the Democratic Party...

I'm a Hillary supporter, but not a passionate one... but the level of histrionics in the attacks on her - really is pretty bloody ridiculous.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2015, 07:43:57 PM »

How?

I keep hearing these views of her, but I don't see anything different to any other politician nor any real evidence to suggest why she's apparently the worst person in the Democratic Party...

I'm a Hillary supporter, but not a passionate one... but the level of histrionics in the attacks on her - really is pretty bloody ridiculous.

I'm guessing it's people who still believe the hype from 2008. That being, Obama was the left wing savior whereas Hillary was an evil right wing warmonger. Of course this was fairly silly, considering the Iraq War vote was the only major policy difference between them. People always talk about Hillary supporters being bitter, but it seems there's just as many bitter people on the other side, which is fairly strange considering they're the ones who won and have the least reason to be bitter...
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2015, 11:06:18 PM »

Not either. She's more of a "meh" person for me. I would vote for her in the general election but I'm not jumping up and down in excitement.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2015, 09:39:53 PM »

She's a horrible human being, but I will admit that on the international level, she has generally been an advocate for freedom.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2015, 04:31:38 PM »

How?

I'm guessing it's people who still believe the hype from 2008. That being, Obama was the left wing savior whereas Hillary was an evil right wing warmonger. Of course this was fairly silly, considering the Iraq War vote was the only major policy difference between them. People always talk about Hillary supporters being bitter, but it seems there's just as many bitter people on the other side, which is fairly strange considering they're the ones who won and have the least reason to be bitter...

We have to remember the context of the 2008 election. I think that Obama actually benefited from being a fresh, untested candidate (ie lacking much of a political record that he could be held accountable for) who didn't have longstanding ties to Washington, D. C.,  and who could energize growing Democratic-leaning demographics (youth, African-Americans, urban liberals more generally). After all, people were really, really sick of the status quo in Washington-in both parties. Even the Republicans were touting their "maverick" side (McCain) and put a total Washington outsider and political neophyte on the ticket (i. e. Sarah Palin).

MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2015, 09:49:34 PM »

Meh.

Personal FF, but not thrilled about her as a politician, lean HP. The things that are good about her are cancelled out by the bad things, in my eyes. She's kind of overrated as a Democrat, but I'll take her over much of the current 2016 GOP field.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2015, 12:56:00 PM »

FF. I forgave her for her Iraq War vote in 2008 when I voted for her in the primary over Obama, a vote I didn't decide until early January 2008. I have no regrets for that vote. I will vote for her again if she decides to run. However, I do want to see some fire this time like I saw when she was the underdog several years ago. If there's one issue I think she really run on, it is a strong workers' rights platform. She should be proposing to expand Obamacare, enact a living wage, and propose paid maternity/paternity leave along with mandatory paid sick leave and vacation days. (I'd also love to see the Democratic platform propose abolishing state right-to-work laws.) If she can propose bold and popular initiatives like those, I think she can easily win.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies