Opinion of Ron Paul
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:58:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Ron Paul
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: What do you think of Ron Paul
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: Opinion of Ron Paul  (Read 5326 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 04, 2015, 05:01:36 PM »

What are your opinions of the former Texas Congressman.

(Massive FF)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 05:04:45 PM »

Massive HP politically, but an FF for being passionate.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 05:05:12 PM »

Hypocrite, nepotist, conspiracist, vaguely racist, completely nuts and led the silliest internet cult this side of Scientology.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 05:05:39 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2015, 05:07:16 PM by ElectionsGuy »

Can't think of a way he's not a FF

Hypocrite, nepotist, conspiracist, vaguely racist, completely nuts and led the silliest internet cult this side of Scientology.

[citation needed]
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 05:06:27 PM »

Saint, Genius of the Ozarks, Supreme Leader of Liberty, Defender of the Constitution, The Good and Holy Doctor, The Once and Future Congressman, Brother Leader of the Revolution, OBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular.

(Jokes aside, Ron Paul is a FF who goes unrivaled)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 05:07:17 PM »

FF overall.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 05:08:18 PM »

Hypocrite: If the pie can't be shrunk, why shouldn't his district get a share? There is nothing wrong with bringing home pork while trying to stop it. Should environmentalists not use cars?

Nepotist: How?

Vaguely Racist: The vague part was good, because the Newsletters have been debunked time and time again.

As for the Cult of Personality, you have a point there.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 05:10:24 PM »

HP
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 05:20:57 PM »

FF, one of my favourites.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 05:23:26 PM »

Asking "Is Ron Paul an FF?" is like asking "was Jesus a Christian?"

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 05:25:14 PM »

I thought he was Jewish? Wink
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 05:30:31 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2015, 05:39:03 PM by Deus Naturae »

I know you're joking, but I think you missed my point. Ron Paul isn't merely an FF...he's the model/standard by which anyone can be said to be an FF. The degree to which someone is an FF is the degree to which they resemble His likeness.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 05:31:40 PM »

The best thing you can say about Ron Paul is that he's an ignorant, conspiracy theorist type who just happens to run in the same circles as horrible racists and deranged lunatics.  You could argue that a lot of the negative impression we get of Ron Paul is more generated by his internet cult following who are some of the worst creeps on the planet.   

But, despite that charitable interpretation, I still really dislike Ron Paul.  His foreign policy views are unlettered and ignorant.  His economic views are just fantastical crap.  This guy is literally a gold bug straight out of the John Birch Society. And, let's be honest, being upset about the Federal Reserve and obsessed with the "gold" standard is evidence that he's a dumb, crazy guy who probably hates Jews.     
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 05:37:48 PM »

Crypto-racist loon.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 05:38:13 PM »

The best thing you can say about Ron Paul is that he's an ignorant, conspiracy theorist type who just happens to run in the same circles as horrible racists and deranged lunatics.  You could argue that a lot of the negative impression we get of Ron Paul is more generated by his internet cult following who are some of the worst creeps on the planet.    

But, despite that charitable interpretation, I still really dislike Ron Paul.  His foreign policy views are unlettered and ignorant.  His economic views are just fantastical crap.  This guy is literally a gold bug straight out of the John Birch Society. And, let's be honest, being upset about the Federal Reserve and obsessed with the "gold" standard is evidence that he's a dumb, crazy guy who probably hates Jews.    
Yep, supporting sound money is clear evidence of anti-Semitism. It makes sense since his economic advisor was noted Jew-hater Peter Schiff.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 05:43:38 PM »

The best thing you can say about Ron Paul is that he's an ignorant, conspiracy theorist type who just happens to run in the same circles as horrible racists and deranged lunatics.  You could argue that a lot of the negative impression we get of Ron Paul is more generated by his internet cult following who are some of the worst creeps on the planet.    

But, despite that charitable interpretation, I still really dislike Ron Paul.  His foreign policy views are unlettered and ignorant.  His economic views are just fantastical crap.  This guy is literally a gold bug straight out of the John Birch Society. And, let's be honest, being upset about the Federal Reserve and obsessed with the "gold" standard is evidence that he's a dumb, crazy guy who probably hates Jews.    
Yep, supporting sound money is clear evidence of anti-Semitism. It makes sense since his economic advisor was noted Jew-hater Peter Schiff.

You're a crazy person too dude!  Sound money?  What is that even?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 05:53:13 PM »

You're a crazy person too dude!  Sound money?  What is that even?
Are you partially trolling? Because I'll admit I chuckled from the way this post is written. I fell like you do that a lot actually.

But in all seriousness, fiat money has been the dominant system for what, 40 years? That's...not really a long time in terms of history. If you assume that anyone who questions is just "crazy" because "it's weird", you're just closed minded.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 06:14:19 PM »

Creep. HP.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2015, 06:17:05 PM »

I know you're joking, but I think you missed my point. Ron Paul isn't merely an FF...he's the model/standard by which anyone can be said to be an FF. The degree to which someone is an FF is the degree to which they resemble His likeness.

Phew, I was worried I would be accused of hyperbole with my earlier post. Luckily, with your above statement I don't think anything can ever be really called hyperbole again by comparison. Who knew that in order to be the ultimate authority in morality, all you need is to stay in Congress for a few hundred years and write "NO" on every conceivable legislation?

@Sanchez, perhaps I was being slightly mean to St Ron of Paul, but I stand by my comment. I do think it is hypocritical to sneak earmarks into general bills that will always pass - and then vote no, to preserve your "million percent no" voting record. I do think it is nepotistic to basically just employ your family on your campaign, and then drag fundraisers endlessly past your chance of winning. I do think that even if he is not racist, he was certainly profiting from other's racism through his newsletters.

I can see the appeal of him - I'm a sucker for "gee shucks guys" anti-establishment goons of the left like Brian Schweitzer, so I see the charm of his weird speaking voice and ill-fitting suits. But what I will never ever understand is why libertarians kept clinging him in 2012 long after it was obvious he had no chance in the primary - even with a vastly more feasible libertarian (G the Johnson!) came into the spotlight, they still came up with various harebrained ways to prolong the Paul machine way beyond its sell-by-date.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2015, 06:18:53 PM »

FF socially, Massive HP economically. So I guess I lean HP.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 06:23:31 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legislation_sponsored_by_Ron_Paul#We_the_People_Act
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 06:24:21 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2015, 06:29:46 PM by Deus Naturae »

Phew, I was worried I would be accused of hyperbole with my earlier post. Luckily, with your above statement I don't think anything can ever be really called hyperbole again by comparison. Who knew that in order to be the ultimate authority in morality, all you need is to stay in Congress for a few hundred years and write "NO" on every conceivable legislation?
I was joking obviously.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
He never had a chance to win in the first place. The purpose of his campaign was to communicate ideas to a national audience, call out the other candidates on their BS, and generally show people that there was an alternative.

Maybe, but he was basically absolved of that when he was endorsed by Snoop Dogg.

But really, I think it's clear that he has no animus toward blacks, considering that even in the days those newsletters were being published he provided free medical care to poor black families. Plus his positions on the Drug War makes him better than any other candidate on race issues.

Again, Paul never had a chance to win and Johnson has even less of one. That really wasn't the point.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2015, 06:26:37 PM »

Um, I should start caring about these right libertarians shouldn't I, because when I don't really care it always bites me in the ass later.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2015, 06:26:43 PM »

@Sanchez, perhaps I was being slightly mean to St Ron of Paul, but I stand by my comment. I do think it is hypocritical to sneak earmarks into general bills that will always pass - and then vote no, to preserve your "million percent no" voting record. I do think it is nepotistic to basically just employ your family on your campaign, and then drag fundraisers endlessly past your chance of winning. I do think that even if he is not racist, he was certainly profiting from other's racism through his newsletters.
Those are all fair points, I'll give you that. I think we can agree to disagree on the pork issue, and as for the newsletters, I truly believe the man was just ignorant. Paul's grandson in law met Paul's granddaughter during the 2008 campaign, so I don't think it is fair to claim nepotism when the man was going to be hired again in 2012 with or without his family connections.

As for your post about Gary Johnson (which I deleted by mistake), Paul's campaign at that point became a shadow delegate insurgency with the goal of radically altering the platform. Donors were more interested in reshaping the GOP from within for Rand in 2016 rather than funding Johnson's "be the 1%" strategy.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2015, 06:52:28 PM »

Mega-HP. The worst.

Rand is cool though
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies