opebo Week: A Celebration of His Life & Times
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:52:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  opebo Week: A Celebration of His Life & Times
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: opebo Week: A Celebration of His Life & Times  (Read 9644 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2015, 05:42:23 AM »

Haha, Memphis is unusually sh*t in this thread even by his standards. As Madeleine pointed out, "happy whore" is a mocking term referring to the male fantasy that prostitutes are just absolutely thrilled to engage in sex with them.

It's a bit exasperating how many times I have to go over this, but, no, I do not necessarily support a ban on prostitution. Nor do I deny that there will be the occasional college girl doing it for the money with a lot of agency to her.

But anyone who thinks the sex industry in Thailand is mostly consisting of college girls having the time of their life is completely deluded. That Thailand isn't the poorest country in a poor region of the world as HockeyDude pointed out is...irrelevant. I have been to Thailand and several other Asian countries. Just last week I had a long conversation in a bar with a Malaysian prostitute, actually. Have you been there HockeyDude?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2015, 09:47:30 AM »

Poorest country in the region? I'm sure the Burmese, Cambodians, Laotians, Filipinos, and Indonesians would (if reluctantly) disagree with you.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2015, 09:48:17 AM »

Poorest country in the region? I'm sure the Burmese, Cambodians, Laotians, Filipinos, and Indonesians would (if reluctantly) disagree with you.

I think you need to reread my post there. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2015, 09:53:06 AM »

Oh! Yes I do... still actually need to get out of there, though I'm not terribly optimistic about how they would treat people of my, uh, colour.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2015, 06:27:24 AM »

Oh! Yes I do... still actually need to get out of there, though I'm not terribly optimistic about how they would treat people of my, uh, colour.

Get out of  there? You mean get there? Tongue

It's a pretty racist part of the world, but if you look rich and American I'm sure no one will mind. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2015, 08:36:15 AM »

Actually, I meant "get out there" but yeah. I like to think it'd be harmless like in China- people want to take pictures with you!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2015, 10:11:19 AM »

Actually, I meant "get out there" but yeah. I like to think it'd be harmless like in China- people want to take pictures with you!

Malaysia is even more obsessed with race and racism than the US is but in such a weird way I've no idea what they're doing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies