opebo Week: A Celebration of His Life & Times
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:42:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  opebo Week: A Celebration of His Life & Times
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: opebo Week: A Celebration of His Life & Times  (Read 9657 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 05, 2015, 12:42:23 AM »

Since opebo was born as an Atlas poster on 1/5/04 and executed just over a decade later on 1/10/14, we shall use those days and the ones in between to celebrate his excellent contributions to the forum. I request that those who are still disturbed by the injustice that was the banning of opebo change their avatar over to "D-MO" for the duration of the five day period.

As for this thread, please use it to post excellent opebo quotes!

Reading this post always hurts a little:

This is the best showing I recall for Leip, maybe it's because he actually showed up for a few minutes.

Well... I voted FF because I'm still here.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 12:50:49 AM »

This saga takes yet another strange turn...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 02:22:24 AM »

Thank you for this Eraserhead. It's very important that we remember our fallen comrade.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 04:41:51 AM »

staph
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 08:34:40 AM »

I thank you as well, Eraserhead.

Vive le opebo! Vive le opebo!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 08:43:35 AM »

bqhwatevr
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 08:47:05 AM »

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 08:57:56 AM »

Too many great quotes to just pick a few - the friendly arguments with jmfcst, railing against private education/pistols, calling himself economically centrist yet the forum's most liberal member. It's all so great - just makes me sadder.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 09:15:42 AM »

zaaagh
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 09:24:18 AM »

I'm not the head of a huge, powerful, viciously oppressive organization.  I'm just a nice fellow in a cardigan...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 09:28:18 AM »

I was not sure entirely of my sexuality until I was age 59. The oddest thing of all, is that I think I am rather a normal guy

I have to say, that doesn't sound very normal... to be in the dark so long about that.  But perhaps I'm wrong.  I don't have a window into the 'mind of the elderly gay'.

Ah, well, that's good to know, I always wondered!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 09:32:34 AM »

please no
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 09:45:16 AM »

I'm afraid that Obama's election in 2008 was entirely about voters in the middle (virtually all of whom are white of course) choosing to vote for him despite their preference for a white, because of an overwhelming reason - the Republicans had just destroyed the economy.

Now, in 2012, there is no overwhelming reason to vote for a black (of course, the Republicans will destroy the economy again, eventually, but this is impossible for most swing voters to understand). Without the overwhelming reason of a crisis or a white opponent who is clearly antipathetic to them, there is no way that these white working class voters will preference a black.

As Politico has said, all Romney needed to do was appear 'not a monster', and he is right, though he doesn't give the right reason.  The reason is racism.  White working class swing voters flirted with voting Obama when Romney was seen as the epitome of the class which is destroying them, but now that they saw him, a white man in a suit, lying well and in a soothing tone, next to a black - well, its all over with them.

The key is - seeing a black next to a white.  It is that simple I'm afraid:

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 09:48:14 AM »

Wow, Tender, that's a lot of stuff.  All I can remember ever playing was dodgeball.  Day after day, just dodgeball:

Horrific game.  I always stuck my arm or leg out to get hit by the ball so I could immediately 'go out'. Then, I went to hide in the locker room or behind the bleachers.

lmao
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 12:20:18 PM »

I hope no one other than Einzige has missed the point of this thread - jmfcst wanted to brag.  And now he has, and we have listened.

Good for you, jmfcst, for the high income.  Kudos, enjoy it.. or at any rate what ever passes for 'enjoy' in your case.  You are very right to value your social position and its material reward, and to remind others of their inferior position.  This is good old fashioned simian behavior, and nothing the rest of us have any basis to question. 

I present my submission to you in (symbolic) kind:

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 01:45:43 PM »

Btw, while I don't share NAMBLA's predelictions, I do applaud their fight for freedom.

I would be more likely to vote with my party if they ran a NAMBLA member.

NAMBLA of course is a political organization, but free-lance pedophiles are freedom fighters as well.

And anyway, 12 would be considered plenty old enough in a civilized country.

Hopefully upon aquital Michael [Jackson] will leave this benighted land and go live in some decent country where his sexuality will not be attacked by a lot of intolerants.  On the other hand it would be cool if he would stick around and speak out publicly on behalf of NAMBLA.

As I have said often, I support people having the right to this type of behaviour, while not sharing an interest in it personally.

That said, I do 'endorse' pedophelia and the freedom fighters that practice it, though without sharing their predelictions.  Anyway, what does pedophilia have to do with 13 year olds?  They're pubescents, not children.

Some 15 year olds look older than some 20 year olds.  It all depends on race, body type, and developement.  My point would be that at 15 most girls have gone through puberty, and are pregnable.

My subjective preference is - they start to look attractive to me somewhere in the 14-16 age range.

NAMBLA fights for freedom in the realm of ideas - they are not a beauty pageant!

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 01:54:03 PM »

Btw, while I don't share NAMBLA's predelictions, I do applaud their fight for freedom.

I would be more likely to vote with my party if they ran a NAMBLA member.

NAMBLA of course is a political organization, but free-lance pedophiles are freedom fighters as well.

And anyway, 12 would be considered plenty old enough in a civilized country.

Hopefully upon aquital Michael [Jackson] will leave this benighted land and go live in some decent country where his sexuality will not be attacked by a lot of intolerants.  On the other hand it would be cool if he would stick around and speak out publicly on behalf of NAMBLA.

As I have said often, I support people having the right to this type of behaviour, while not sharing an interest in it personally.

That said, I do 'endorse' pedophelia and the freedom fighters that practice it, though without sharing their predelictions.  Anyway, what does pedophilia have to do with 13 year olds?  They're pubescents, not children.

Some 15 year olds look older than some 20 year olds.  It all depends on race, body type, and developement.  My point would be that at 15 most girls have gone through puberty, and are pregnable.

My subjective preference is - they start to look attractive to me somewhere in the 14-16 age range.

NAMBLA fights for freedom in the realm of ideas - they are not a beauty pageant!

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Don't forget his Roman Polanski commentary:

people who want to prosecute Statutory rape= prudes? WTF

Yes, the sexually liberated position would be that the 'statutory' aspect makes it oppression.

If a fellow has sex with a teen who is a few years under the 'age of consent', it isn't a sign of any tendency or 'predatory' behavior.  At most it is a sign of bad judgement.  I really can't see how one could call it reasonable to blame him at all for having sex with what appeared to be a woman who had without a doubt voluntarily attended a drug-and-sex party in the late 1960s (where having sex was virtually a given).  But even if you did chose to enforce the letter of the law, how could one justify more than a few months sentence?  
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 02:55:12 PM »

While Joe Republic is an exception to this, it's hilarious to see most of the Obepo haters attack his simple, if wrongheaded, defenses of child abuse, while they simultaneously literally worship at the alter of organizations that have systematically enganged in and covered up such behavior since time immemorial. Perhaps if we can simply buy Obepo a cassock, he will not only be reinstated but also have statues of him built so that future generations may know him also.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 02:57:28 PM »

2005 was peak of opebo trolling. Great year.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 03:06:20 PM »

2005 was peak of opebo trolling. Great year.

One of my great regrets in life is that I missed hard-right opebo. I registered long after that phase had ended I'm afraid.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 03:59:18 PM »

Why?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 04:54:05 PM »

Because some posters are sick in their heads.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 05:02:05 PM »

Stop
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 05:04:23 PM »

I'm switching my avatar to I-MA (Dave's avatar) in memory/support of the banning.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 05:04:35 PM »

Yes, and they banned opebo. RIP FF.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies