The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:39:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
Author Topic: The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 67232 times)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: July 07, 2015, 01:41:06 PM »
« edited: July 07, 2015, 01:44:10 PM by Garlan Gunter »

Yeah, I don't want to play tennis either but just to say

- I'm fine with Aurane being in any difficult situation because whatever

- I would advocate a dramatic, meaningful for Dany if die she must, taking down quite a lot of Others, not because I want to unfairly punish X, but because that's the only way I think she would go that wouldn't be a tad anticlimactic (um, dragon pox like Draco Malfoy's grandpa...? Well, she is a platinum blonde.) Properly done this could even be mixed in its ramifications, eg the Others could get an Ice Dragon

- I'm strongly pro dragon survival under any circs, as a balance to the Others, yes, and also it might be pretty fun to squabble over claiming them

- All, as everyone agrees, up to Lumine!

- [But in the final analysis, personally, I'd still say an ADWD disappearance for the nonce by Dany and dragons is the best compromise]

- [which would also make for great politicking, cf Kingbreaker Barristan chapters. right right seriously I've finished now]
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #351 on: July 07, 2015, 02:07:57 PM »

Woah, why the flame war over Daenerys? I said I was making a decision, and rest assured, it will be a well thought one.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #352 on: July 07, 2015, 03:06:33 PM »

They aren't being invented, dragons have been apart of the seris from the very beginning lol... So at least stop acting like they haven't been in game for several turns.

You said you weren't even going to bother with certain regions which implied sparing people.

Debate by nature is dramatic, it doesn't mean I'm not still being objective about it Wink

I'd also like to add that the existence of dragons/others in the game predicates the other to also exist; they are there to balance each other imo

I think you misunderstood what I meant about not attacking certain places, but I can't really elaborate lest I give away certain things.  All I'll say is that there is more than one way to...err...flay a cat Evil
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #353 on: July 07, 2015, 03:22:56 PM »

They aren't being invented, dragons have been apart of the seris from the very beginning lol... So at least stop acting like they haven't been in game for several turns.

You said you weren't even going to bother with certain regions which implied sparing people.

Debate by nature is dramatic, it doesn't mean I'm not still being objective about it Wink

I'd also like to add that the existence of dragons/others in the game predicates the other to also exist; they are there to balance each other imo

I think you misunderstood what I meant about not attacking certain places, but I can't really elaborate lest I give away certain things.  All I'll say is that there is more than one way to...err...flay a cat Evil

Judging by that comment I'd say I understood entirely lol
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #354 on: July 07, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »

Woah, why the flame war over Daenerys? I said I was making a decision, and rest assured, it will be a well thought one.

I intended no flames beyond the draconic! thought it might help if we scribbled down our opinions and ideas but meant no OOC warfare or backseat modding, 'onnist
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #355 on: July 07, 2015, 04:05:21 PM »

Yeah I wasn't flaming, just stating my opinion on the matter Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #356 on: July 08, 2015, 03:23:08 PM »

I have faced significant problems with the Rickon and Bran chapters because there are certain twists I can't manage to solve (not quite a Meereenese knot, but there are many key NPC's out there with different agendas), which is why Asha's chapter was released now (it was the easiest one). I am trying with two outcomes to see if either works, but I hope to have the chapters finished soon.

Also, I have reached a decision on Daenerys, and if Fingerbones doesn't reappear by the time this turn is over Daenerys will be left open to another player.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #357 on: July 08, 2015, 06:16:28 PM »

Wow. So primarily COOL (and I feel this is the most major impact all my mad scheming has yet had)

but also a bit sad that the Kraken horn was used to destroy Ironborn, and slightly wish I'd been able to destroy Stannis with it!

Undeniably the most poetic outcome, though.

(poor poor Desmera also)

I may have to embrace my dear queenly wife's new byname for me

Sounds sensible re: Dany, going on Tyrion precedent, though a bit of me would have liked some crazy IC explanation for her going silent
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #358 on: July 08, 2015, 06:34:15 PM »

My poor cousin Sad Angry
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #359 on: July 08, 2015, 07:59:51 PM »

*snip*
and slightly wish I'd been able to destroy Stannis with it!
*snip*

Well...I do still have a Stannis Wight floating around Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #360 on: July 08, 2015, 08:05:21 PM »

Wow. So primarily COOL (and I feel this is the most major impact all my mad scheming has yet had)

but also a bit sad that the Kraken horn was used to destroy Ironborn, and slightly wish I'd been able to destroy Stannis with it!

Undeniably the most poetic outcome, though.

(poor poor Desmera also)

I may have to embrace my dear queenly wife's new byname for me

Sounds sensible re: Dany, going on Tyrion precedent, though a bit of me would have liked some crazy IC explanation for her going silent

Oh, there will be an explanation (most likely that she got lost due to now knowing Westeros and thanks to the harsh winter), but it probably won't be detailed. Of course, this is assuming Fingerbones doesn't return, I still have hope that he might.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #361 on: July 09, 2015, 05:17:21 AM »

oh - and v sorry for the false trail, but I haven't in fact convinced my maybe-Asha!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #362 on: July 14, 2015, 03:35:28 PM »

Right, I've failed. As I've confessed to two players, I can't make the twists on the two chapters work, and I'm surrendering for the moment. That means this turn ends tomorrow, because it has gone on for two long and that is increasingly unfair to the players.

And, as a means to prevent this, POV's will probably be done by the players so we don't have to get more delays in the end game. I have asked Badgate and X for their help for the time being, and once next turn comes I will ask for the help of other players as well depending on what needs to be written.

Turn ends tomorrow, don't forget!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #363 on: July 15, 2015, 09:21:52 PM »

Typing up a Tyrion POV atm.... Wink
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #364 on: July 17, 2015, 05:39:41 PM »

Sorry, my internet went off, I am writing the end of turn as we speak!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #365 on: July 17, 2015, 05:47:31 PM »

slather! my bedtime but tempted to stay up out of anticipation...
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #366 on: July 17, 2015, 05:51:52 PM »

I bet I'm dead. $20.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #367 on: July 17, 2015, 05:58:07 PM »

I'll bet 20 X points you're alive (albeit completely broken as a military and political force Tongue )
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #368 on: July 17, 2015, 06:55:25 PM »

turning in, weep, good luck all
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #369 on: July 17, 2015, 07:21:25 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2015, 01:52:20 PM by Winter has come »

Since I made one for the last game, here’s a quick recap/tribute to the fallen (more names will be added as the game goes on)

The deceased (in order of death):

1. Lord Walder Frey (RPryor) - Poisoned, presumably by Black Walder Frey
2. Lord Petyr Baelish (SJoyce) - Killed by the Tyrells while in a coma
3. Lord Mace Tyrell (Spamage) - Burned alive by wildfire along with the rest of KL
4. King Joffrey Baratheon (Mr. X) - Killed by Loras Tyrell, the Kingslayer
5. Lord Roose Bolton (Elkins) - Killed by Stannis during the Battle of Winterfell
6. King Aegon Targaryen (Dkrolga) - Went crazy and killed himself
7. King Euron Greyjoy (Talleyrand) - Incinerated by a dragon
8. Lord Commander Jon Connington (Dkrolga) - Turned into a Wight during the Battle of Castle Black
9. King Stannis Baratheon (Dereich) - Turned into a Wight during the Battle of Winterfell Cool
10. Lord “Bronze” Yohn Royce (Badgate) - Killed by Jorah Mormont’s forces at Kingswood
11. King Victarion Greyjoy (Dkrolga) - Killed by Asha Greyjoy's forces during the battle of Pyke
12. Lord Edmure Tully (Dereich) - Killed by Tyrell forces during the Riverrun Massacre
13. King Consort Tyrion Lannister (LeonardotheRed) - Assassinated by Lady Waynwood
14. Lord Willas Tyrell (Spamage) - Assassinated by Doran Martell
15. Prince Doran Martell (Talleyrand) - Here be dragons...
16. Lord Andar Royce (Badgate) - Impaled by his own men
17. King Aurane Velaryeon (Garlan Gunter) - Torn limb from limb by an angry mob
18. The Night's King/Ramsay Snow/Culrikhan (Mr. X) - Killed by Beltaine

Noteworthy NPC deaths:
- Grand Maester Pycelle, Vargo Hoat
- Oberyn Martell, Gregor Clegane, Mance Rayder, Ryman Frey, the OTL Night's King
- Ralf Kenning, Dagmer Cleftjaw, Grand Maester Vaellyn, the Kettleblacks, Janos Slynt
- Loras Tyrell, Meryn Trant, Boros Blount, Margaery Tyrell, Garth Tyrell, Paxter Redwyne
- Hizdahr zo Loraq, Kevan Lannister, Grey Worm, Edwyn Frey, Black Walder Frey
- Hother “Whoresbane” Umber, Arnolf Karstark, Daario Neharis, Selyse Baratheon
- All but three two members of House Frey (according to word of mod)
- Locke, Mathias Rowan, Myranda, Nestor Royce, Lancel Lannister, Lady Stoneheart
- Olly, Aemon Targaryen, Tormund Giantsbane, the Umbers, the Karstarks
- Jon Stark, Val Stark, the OTL High Sparrow, the JonConn Wight
- Ysilla Baratheon, Desmara Redwyne, Roslin Tully, Hoster Tully Jr., Robin Arryn, Howland Reed
- "Little" Walder Frey, Randyll Tarly, Varys, Illyrio Mopatis
- Garlan Tyrell, Olenna Tyrell, Hyle Hunt, Damon Flowers
- Arianne Martell, Trystane Martell, The Sand Snakes
- Lyn Corbray, Anya Waynwood, Qyburn, Wyman Manderly
- Jason Mallister, Barristan Selmy, Mace Tyrell II, Anders Yronwood
- Garth Tyrell
- "Big" Walder Frey, Melisandre, Benjen Stark, Theon Greyjoy/Reek, Jon Snow
- Anyone I didn’t care about enough to mention (like Bowen Marsh Tongue )

NPCs that have been turned into Others:
- Arya Stark

Houses that have been completely wiped out:

- House Hightower
- House Umber
- House Karstark (the only remaining one is Alys Karstark according to word of mod)
- House Magnar
- House Tyrell
- House Bolton

Valar Morghulis!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #370 on: July 17, 2015, 09:08:12 PM »

Fantastic list!

Another turn over, another player gone. I really feel this game has not treated Dkrol really well, as this is the third time he dies, but in the end the krakens proved too much of a great odd to overcome at dice rolls. Thus, Victarion Greyjoy is gone.

Daenerys Targaryen is now open, as is Asha Greyjoy, Wyman Manderly, Andar Royce and the other lesser Lords I mentioned before. If there are new players out there, please consider Daenerys and Asha! They are very likely to be decisve to the end game.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #371 on: July 17, 2015, 10:22:12 PM »

Could I return as Dany? The game my hate me, but I'm not going to give in and let some random numbers define me.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #372 on: July 17, 2015, 10:25:25 PM »

Could I return as Dany? The game my hate me, but I'm not going to give in and let some random numbers define me.

I suppose it'd be too much to hope for you to go crazy Targaryen and just burn down Southern Westeros Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #373 on: July 17, 2015, 10:27:28 PM »

You have to ask? Of course you can! I can't even express how relieved I am to hear that!

That said, we can actually begin tomorrow if we have a Daenerys, although if someone wishes to join in as Asha he can do so even in the middle of the turn.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #374 on: July 17, 2015, 10:41:54 PM »

You have to ask? Of course you can! I can't even express how relieved I am to hear that!

That said, we can actually begin tomorrow if we have a Daenerys, although if someone wishes to join in as Asha he can do so even in the middle of the turn.

Well sign me up and get the train rollin'!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies