The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:47:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Author Topic: The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 66935 times)
leonardothered
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2015, 09:17:01 PM »

Oh of course not, but I like to help give a little color and illuminate the story a bit more

Agreed things get way too revealing, Tyrion has a deal of secretive planning being done so it'll give a lot away. I've got a nice post battle POV though with Tyrion sitting with Tommen waiting for Jaime to get back, should be good if I can finish it
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2015, 03:46:08 AM »

I just love reading and writing PoVs! But I think I will try and keep Aurane himself as a last resort, working out what side characters can do and know (especially, essentially, sidekicks of a side character) is really good fun, as well as strategically discreet...
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2015, 01:41:07 PM »

When will this round end?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2015, 01:41:57 PM »

Ended last night
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2015, 02:40:23 PM »

I don't think Lumine ended the turn.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2015, 05:26:56 PM »

Ah, well he told me via PM it would end last night but he might have changed his mind! Personally I'd like this turn to end since it feels like it's been going on for six months
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2015, 09:09:39 PM »

Well the most important thing is that Lumine doesn't burn out; I want to see this through to the end! If that means really long turns, I guess that's a necessary price we have to pay.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2015, 09:45:44 PM »

Well the most important thing is that Lumine doesn't burn out; I want to see this through to the end! If that means really long turns, I guess that's a necessary price we have to pay.

Agreed. I don't want too push him too hard, especially when he has college stuff going on.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2015, 09:48:31 PM »

Of course! I wasn't complaining more like joking
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2015, 09:50:44 PM »

Actually this should have ended quite a long time ago, but the first days of college have been a lot more intense than expected, hence the constant delays.

But to make it official, the turn is over, and I am working on the end of turn update and the next turn as well (I won't give an precise date just to be on the safe side). Balon Swann was a mistake of mine, but he is currently alive and at Casterly Rock.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2015, 04:09:12 AM »

don't take after GRR Martin too much!! good luck
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2015, 07:43:16 AM »

Don't stress yourself out, Lumine. We want you to keep going, producing high-quality material for us. If it takes two weeks for a round, we'll get over it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2015, 04:59:33 PM »

How exactly did the Baratheon-Lannister alliance come about?  It seems pretty OOC for Stannis to pardon the Lannisters (I certainly can't imagine he'd let Tommen and Jaime live at the very least Tongue ).  Am I missing something or...?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2015, 10:15:38 PM »

def agreed! I'd love to read some more detail on that from one PoV or other, or the game itself
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2015, 12:18:56 AM »

Turn Eight starts at some point on Sunday (that is, today or tomorrow depending on your timezone).

And now, to spice things up a bit!

"The North Remembers":

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If anyone can come up with lyrics for a "The North Remembers" song based on the game to serve as the counterpart to "The Rains of Castamere", that player gets a bonus or request of his choosing (with limits, of course, don't ask me to instant kill a player xD). If we get more than one version I will choose a winner.

Extra points if you a find a poetic way to describe Stannis gritting his teeth!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2015, 01:35:56 AM »

What would Jaime need pardoning for? He was already pardoned by Robert. Stannis couldn't ask for Jaime's head without invalidating his own dynasty's decisions and taking huge hits to prestige and legitimacy. He also can't really fault Tyrion for serving his house during the battle of the Blackwater, as that's exactly what he did in Robert's Rebellion instead of supporting his rightful liege.

After his loss on the Blackwater and his time in the North, Stannis is a different person and leader. He pardoned the Stormlords after they supported Renly and that was early on; if he refused the Lannister offer it would almost certainly have pushed the Lannisters to Aegon and then he'd really be in an unwinnable war, at least on the face of it.

IC Aegon has made it clear he thought Aerys' actions were justified or at the very least called what Jaime did cold blooded murder, and after saying so would have to call for his head or lose even more prestige and legitimacy than Stannis would for keeping him alive, because he's sparing the man who killed his grandfather. Tyrion was also totally alone and without allies as well as being already married and being invaded by a full force of Ironborn; it was time to pick a side or watch as the winner took his spoils and then put the Lannister dynasty to the sword.

Stannis needs the Lannister's resources and armies, but I think that's a far cry from trusting them, and it puts the Lannisters in a great position aside from troubles on the homefront. Stannis is a proven commander as Tyrion knows having fought him, and Stannis knows Tyrion isn't someone who is to be underestimated and is very intelligent and useful in his own way. Tyrion is above most things a survivor(especially after the blackwater) and someone who cares deeply for his remaining family: Jaime.

Also Lumine I'm a songwriter by trade so I can come up with the music as well Grin
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2015, 02:01:19 AM »

Also great update Lumine, can't wait to see the next phase Grin

And yeah don't worry about us here, school is number one priority so don't take too many late nights either
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2015, 02:43:09 AM »

I have two questions:

1) Do we post our entries for "The North Remembers" contest publicly or PM them to Lumine?

2) Is it permissible for me to post a POV that takes place after the first battle at Harrenhall but before the second?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2015, 02:51:30 AM »

What are the words the North once heard;
A liar's tongue talks small
How can it be after where we've been,
the direwolf still calls?

Two towers tall, can you count them all
now none are left to weep
A pink man gone, who said his only wrong
was dining at a crimson feast

The North Remembers that towers have no teeth
The North Remembers that flayed men are but weak
The North Remembers, and to the Starks we keep

Winter had come despite all we'd done
Our tears froze on our cheeks
Born but was shunned, the white wolf had come
With the grinding of a king's teeth

Bolton was hung, and his coat was wrung
the blood like wine poured free
Justice was done, by the North's last son,
Lord Stark, under the heart tree

The North Remembers that towers have no teeth
The North Remembers that flayed men are but weak
The North Remembers, and to the Starks we keep

Verse: Bb     Dm     F      G
Bb      Dm

Chorus:
F      Bb      Gm      Am     Dm       G

Have the music too but I can't link it for some reason. It's a sombre tune but with a confident resolution, melody wise
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2015, 03:03:55 AM »

Err maybe I should have waited for that, been kind of a miserable day though, my uncle is in hospital in ICU and he's one of the folks who helped me get writing in the first place, so felt good to work on something, hopefully you guys can hear the music for it too as it's pretty solid. No Rains of Castamere but I had some good fun with it Grin
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2015, 03:21:38 AM »

I'm sorry guys, but I will have to stop playing with the end of this turn (so now). I just don't find the time to play the game anymore, and you deserve a player that is active. It was great fun, and I wish you all the best with the game, keep a good eye on my Dorne! Wink
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2015, 05:04:06 AM »

ouch! big bad stag, pick on someone your own size...
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2015, 05:40:03 AM »

Well you did mount the dragon Grin

I was hoping to buy you off with Lannister gold but was too slow
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2015, 06:43:46 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2015, 06:45:28 AM by X »

What would Jaime need pardoning for? He was already pardoned by Robert. Stannis couldn't ask for Jaime's head without invalidating his own dynasty's decisions and taking huge hits to prestige and legitimacy. He also can't really fault Tyrion for serving his house during the battle of the Blackwater, as that's exactly what he did in Robert's Rebellion instead of supporting his rightful liege.

After his loss on the Blackwater and his time in the North, Stannis is a different person and leader. He pardoned the Stormlords after they supported Renly and that was early on; if he refused the Lannister offer it would almost certainly have pushed the Lannisters to Aegon and then he'd really be in an unwinnable war, at least on the face of it.

IC Aegon has made it clear he thought Aerys' actions were justified or at the very least called what Jaime did cold blooded murder, and after saying so would have to call for his head or lose even more prestige and legitimacy than Stannis would for keeping him alive, because he's sparing the man who killed his grandfather. Tyrion was also totally alone and without allies as well as being already married and being invaded by a full force of Ironborn; it was time to pick a side or watch as the winner took his spoils and then put the Lannister dynasty to the sword.

Stannis needs the Lannister's resources and armies, but I think that's a far cry from trusting them, and it puts the Lannisters in a great position aside from troubles on the homefront. Stannis is a proven commander as Tyrion knows having fought him, and Stannis knows Tyrion isn't someone who is to be underestimated and is very intelligent and useful in his own way. Tyrion is above most things a survivor(especially after the blackwater) and someone who cares deeply for his remaining family: Jaime.

Also Lumine I'm a songwriter by trade so I can come up with the music as well Grin

He'd need pardoning for commiting incest with Cersei.  Btw, I hope your uncle gets better soon!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2015, 08:36:18 AM »

Well you did mount the dragon Grin

I was hoping to buy you off with Lannister gold but was too slow

haha! and you think the noble House Velaryon would bow to your vile Lannister pelf and threats? ahem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies