The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:56:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Author Topic: The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 67325 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2015, 01:47:49 PM »

Hello fellow players! Some of you may already be aware, but if not, George R.R. Martin has released a new sample chapter for The Winds of Winter. I know some people who decline to read sample chapters because they want to be unspoiled when the next novel is released, but I thought I'd share for anyone who would want to read it. It's a Sansa chapter that would require knowledge of A Feast for Crows/A Dance With Dragons spoilers, so be forewarned!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #201 on: April 03, 2015, 10:01:36 AM »

Unfortunately it looks like I've missed this turn. Sad

I will try to get back in on the next one.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #202 on: April 07, 2015, 06:38:04 AM »

Raawr

How's it been goin' fellas I feel like I haven't heard from ya in a minute. Hope things are going well with captain Lumine, probably just busy as all hell Grin

In other news, the North game over at westeros.org is going well, and I've been writing up a new POV for Tyrion in the meantime while waiting, probably gonna post it soon

Everyone else doing aight?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2015, 12:58:25 AM »

Raawr

How's it been goin' fellas I feel like I haven't heard from ya in a minute. Hope things are going well with captain Lumine, probably just busy as all hell Grin

In other news, the North game over at westeros.org is going well, and I've been writing up a new POV for Tyrion in the meantime while waiting, probably gonna post it soon

I too am considering doing a POV, though it'd be a lot more work than it was for Mace (considering Willas has not yet been seen in the books, and doesn't exist in the show)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2015, 01:25:23 AM »

There's some good information about Willas on the Wiki of Ice and Fire, that's where I always go when I'm writing POVs and need names or places or info.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #205 on: April 08, 2015, 02:06:04 AM »

Raawr

I too am considering doing a POV, though it'd be a lot more work than it was for Mace (considering Willas has not yet been seen in the books, and doesn't exist in the show)

Go for it, we know some big talking points about Willas. I have the feeling the queen of thorns had a significant hand in his upbringing. Garlan is a badass, yet all the Tyrells hold Willas in highest esteem.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2015, 05:45:39 PM »

Working on the update, and we will get a new player next turn!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2015, 06:16:31 PM »

Working on the update, and we will get a new player next turn!

Best news I've heard in a long time.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2015, 08:29:33 PM »

Turn Nine begins tomorrow, thanks again for all your patience!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2015, 08:47:34 PM »

It was hard for me to choose a song, because all three were brilliant for me in their own way, and two of you actually went through with my request regarding Stannis, xD. Garlan Gunter's song has a lot of merit in the sense that he really gets inside the head of a Northman (language included), Leonardo put music into his and it does sound like something we could hear in the ASOIAF universe, and Badgate is as usual very poetic (I really enjoyed the extended version).

Still, as Renly Baratheon once said, there can only be one champion! Arise, Leonardo the Red, for you have won this challenge! You may ask a game related request of me, provided it is not too exaggerated.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #210 on: April 12, 2015, 07:18:07 AM »

turn has yet to begin, right...?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #211 on: April 12, 2015, 09:27:39 AM »

I think we still need the objectives post (Hopefully Lumine has enough time today!), then it'll officially have begun
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2015, 12:22:00 AM »

Working on it, but I want to clear a few things:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Finally, Fingerbones will be joining us as Daenerys Targaryen, best of luck to him!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2015, 01:08:50 AM »

Right, have fun with the new turn!

I'll be getting a bit more ruthless now, so I ask the players to be very careful with their lives. No one is safe, xD
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #214 on: April 14, 2015, 08:37:52 PM »

Note to the players: Daenerys's troop strength now updated, in detail to avoid confusion.
Fingerbones
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2015, 08:04:50 PM »

Hello all.

'Tis I, Daenerys Targaryen, come to conquer and destroy Westeros. Well, I'll save the ones who are nice to be.
And I'm actually Fingerbones, or Jack if you'd prefer. I'm a huge fan of ASOIAF since I started watching the show about a year ago. Then I devoured all the books in about 2 months and I've been hooked ever since. Badgate mentioned this game on Westeros.org and I was immediately interested, so here I am to destroy everything you hold dear.

All of you will have received this also. Read it carefully and heed its words.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Looking forward to playing with all of you.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2015, 10:46:24 AM »

I have an idea of who I should take over as in the next round, but I'm open to suggestions.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2015, 11:00:09 AM »

Join Team Stannis! It's what all the *cool people are doing!

*Excepting the Ice People
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2015, 11:02:35 AM »

Join Team Stannis! It's what all the *cool people are doing!

*Excepting the Ice People

I was thinking either Arienne or Denys Mallister.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2015, 11:07:39 AM »

Thinking about it seriously, those are both good options. The only other important positions I can think of on short notice would be someone in the (still free) Free Cities, Edmure Tully or Jon Stark.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2015, 05:37:11 PM »

Also badgate small error in your POV, Balon Swann was named to the kingsguard by Cersei after Tyrion was already in position as hand of the king.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2015, 06:00:35 PM »

^Thank you! I'll have to change that bit to give a more credible backstory to Yohn drunkenly buying fourty barrels of Dornish white.

Hope everyone enjoyed Myrcella. There will be a companion POV from Varys' perspective, but it won't be out until around 2am tonight.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2015, 06:07:03 PM »

^Thank you! I'll have to change that bit to give a more credible backstory to Yohn drunkenly buying fourty barrels of Dornish white.

Hope everyone enjoyed Myrcella. There will be a companion POV from Varys' perspective, but it won't be out until around 2am tonight.

FINALLY lol, I've literally been working since game start to bring Myrcella back. Well done with the POV
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2015, 06:12:14 PM »

I'm not surprised the baby doesn't have silver hair. Elia's grandchild (maybe) and Arienne's child is more Martell than Targaryen. Excellent work like usual Badgate.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2015, 06:13:00 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2015, 06:22:15 PM by badgate »

I'm not surprised the baby doesn't have silver hair. Elia's grandchild (maybe) and Arienne's child is more Martell than Targaryen. Excellent work like usual Badgate.

I was actually trying to hint that the child could be the product of Arianne and Arys Oakheart. I have no idea wether it is or not, but I wanted to add that as a hint or red herring.

Certainly, going by our genealogical standards, two generations of dark-haired Martells would make it likely that the baby doesn't have silver hair. But that's assuming that, like in our universe, silver and blonde hair are recessive genes. I think in Westeros genealogy works a bit differently. All we know for certain is that Robert Baratheon's seed was strong.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies