The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:07:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
Author Topic: The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 67244 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: June 04, 2015, 08:58:40 AM »

Victarion has the warlocks and the magic horn, but I thought they'd been burnt to death by Drogon...?

Mistake corrected!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #301 on: June 04, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »

mostly out of range this weekend, please send me messages but I may be slow to plot back at first
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #302 on: June 06, 2015, 10:28:55 PM »

I would like to have the POV's rather soon, but it will be easier and they will come in faster if I recieve more orders to get a sense of what should be happening. So, depending on the orders I recieve, we might get them as early as Sunday or as late as Monday.
Fingerbones
« Reply #303 on: June 07, 2015, 01:47:21 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2015, 05:17:39 PM by Fingerbones »

Queen Daenerys's Small Council:
Hand of the Queen:
Master of Laws:
Master of Coin: Illyrio of Mopatis
Master of Ships: Lord Aurane Velaryon
Master of Whispers: Lord Varys
Grand Maester:
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Ser Barristan Selmy

Queensguard
-Ser Barristan Selmy, Lord Commander.
-Ser Jorah Mormont
-
-
-
-
-

The empty positions will be offered to those who show their worth and loyalty to the true Queen.

By royal decree, I name Lord Robert Cafferen as Lord Regent of the Stormlands until Lord Edric Baratheon comes of age.
By royal decree, I name Lady Sansa Stark the true Lady of Winterfell. The position of her Lord Regent is yet to be decided.
By royal decree, I name Lady Asha Greyjoy the Lady of the Iron Islands. If her uncle, Victarion, does not lay down his crown presently he will be slain as a rebel and traitor.
By royal decree, I officially legitimize Lord Aurane Velaryon. He has been legitimized twice, though only by false pretender kings.
By royal decree, I grant an extension to the lands of the Lords of Crackclaw Point, for their loyalty to the Targaryen cause. They will be granted the lands westward as far as the road which connects Maidenpool to Duskendale.
Any lords who continue to fight against me will also lose their lands to those who swear fealty to the true Queen.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #304 on: June 12, 2015, 08:24:55 AM »

any mercenary aid desired on PoVs this turn...?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #305 on: June 12, 2015, 09:42:29 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2015, 11:59:30 AM by X »

any mercenary aid desired on PoVs this turn...?

I'd be happy to take a stab at one as well if it'd be helpful.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #306 on: June 12, 2015, 08:12:54 PM »

I have asked Badgate to deal with the first POV, two others are completed and I'm working on the third one. While the delay has been very regrettable (I'm truly sorry!), I think you'll find this rounds POV's more interesting than usual. It shouldn't take long for them to be finally posted, so I'll refrain from accepting further orders to prevent having to change them once again.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #307 on: June 12, 2015, 08:26:24 PM »

I have asked Badgate to deal with the first POV, two others are completed and I'm working on the third one. While the delay has been very regrettable (I'm truly sorry!), I think you'll find this rounds POV's more interesting than usual. It shouldn't take long for them to be finally posted, so I'll refrain from accepting further orders to prevent having to change them once again.

It's almost done, I swear!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #308 on: June 12, 2015, 09:35:52 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2015, 09:45:08 PM by Lumine »

Don't ask me how, but inspiration struck me in a rare way. Sad as it was to write them, the three final chapters are done, and will be posted as soon as the first one is up. (Hint: I'm going Martin on this turn)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #309 on: June 12, 2015, 09:53:34 PM »

Don't ask me how, but inspiration struck me in a rare way. Sad as it was to write them, the three final chapters are done, and will be posted as soon as the first one is up. (Hint: I'm going Martin on this turn)

Translation for newbies: we're gonna get like 20+ deaths Tongue
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #310 on: June 12, 2015, 10:44:27 PM »

Uh oh. Sad
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #311 on: June 12, 2015, 11:19:49 PM »

Spoilers if you haven't read the past four POV chapters! (read them before)

Yes, this is the end for Stannis. I want to make it perfectly clear that there's no way Westeros would immediately know about this, so any reactions to Stannis's death are forbidden until the next turn begins (only at the end of the turn will the news of the Battle of Winterfell spread). I want to congratulate Dereich on being an incredibly successful player, as he took a Stannis at a very low point into the leader of a powerhouse alliance that came very close to winning the war. Alas, the arrival of the Sidhe has taken it's second victim amongst the players.

This is the longest POV phase of both games by word count and it was a challenge to portray some of these characters, so errors have probably been made. Either way, I hope you enjoy these chapters! And warning, Turn Twelve ends on Sunday Night, so hurry up if you haven't sent any orders!
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #312 on: June 12, 2015, 11:53:42 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2015, 11:55:20 PM by Dereich »

I had a tough time deciding whether to go to my inevitable death at Winterfell and die like a king or to go to Braavos and use the faceless men to kill myself and Daenerys in the hope that everything would work out for Shireen. Though I'm pretty sure the other option would have been better for Team Stannis, I feel like this makes a better story and is how Stannis would want to go.

Seeing how the show took things, I prefer THIS death for Stannis in front of Winterfell to whatever may happen there. Game!Stannis dies a hero who had every (excepting the Greyjoys) major house's support at some point, fought and almost beat the representation of evil, organized Westeros against the invading menace, and, of course, DIDN'T BURN HIS BELOVED DAUGHTER AND HEIR.

All in all, better than I thought I'd do.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #313 on: June 13, 2015, 05:51:12 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2015, 07:58:09 AM by X »

I had a tough time deciding whether to go to my inevitable death at Winterfell and die like a king or to go to Braavos and use the faceless men to kill myself and Daenerys in the hope that everything would work out for Shireen. Though I'm pretty sure the other option would have been better for Team Stannis, I feel like this makes a better story and is how Stannis would want to go.

Seeing how the show took things, I prefer THIS death for Stannis in front of Winterfell to whatever may happen there. Game!Stannis dies a hero who had every (excepting the Greyjoys) major house's support at some point, fought and almost beat the representation of evil, organized Westeros against the invading menace, and, of course, DIDN'T BURN HIS BELOVED DAUGHTER AND HEIR.

All in all, better than I thought I'd do.

Well this was certainly a great start to the day (nice to actually win a major battle for once Tongue).  Excellent work as always, Lumine! Badgate's Arya chapter was great as well.  I'd argue that these were easily the best POVs since the destruction of KL.  

I suppose there's not much else to say except that Winter has come...

@ Dereich: You really did do a great job!  In addition to everything you mentioned, as far as I can tell you handled the strategic aspects of the game extremely well while still being pretty IC in terms of your actions.  To be honest, I was far more worried that you'd kill GameRamsay/Culrikhan than I was about anyone else given how well you'd been doing and how good you seemed to be at building unexpected alliances.  And sure enough, you came incredibly close to pulling it off.  I nearly had a heart attack when I thought I'd "won" the battle of Winterfell only to get killed by you at the last second.  I tip my hat to a worthy opponent!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #314 on: June 15, 2015, 11:52:56 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2015, 11:54:59 PM by Lumine »

Well, that was one hell of a depressing end of the turn. I enjoy the intrigues and the plots, but having to think of what must be going in the North is not precisely fun...

That said, Turn Thirteen begins on Tuesday Night, although new players (or old players rejoining) will be accepted through the turn. With Stannis dead Daenerys is technically the strongest claimant, but the lack of King players means that this time we can move into more intrigue characters, like Littlefinger and Varys's special gameplays in the "Clash of Kings" game.

So, to recap:

Lord Players:

Either Prince Doran Martell or Queen Dowager Arianne Martell (Dorne) (first preference still reserved to Talleyrand)
Queen Asha Greyjoy (Greyjoy/Targaryen Fleet)
Lord Edmure Tully (Riverrun and Riverlands)
Lord Robert Cafferen (Lord Regent of the Stormlands)
Lord Wyman Manderly (White Harbor)
Lord Eustace Brune (Crackclaw Point)
Lord Horas Redwyne (Arbor - Only allowed if someone wants to rally the Pro-Targaryen Reach)

Intrigue Players:

Lord Varys (Spymaster for the Targaryens)

Vale/Baratheon Players:

A special tier opened with Stannis and Royce's death, these players can and will compete for the Regency of the Vale and the Baratheon Realm in light of the youth of Lord Robert and Princess Shireen.

Lady Anya Waynwood (Ironoaks)
Ser Davos Seaworth (Hand of the King)
Ser Lyn Corbray (Vale Army)
Ser Andar Royce (House Royce)

Those are the characters I can think of right now, but players are invited to ask for characters I haven't mentioned to see if they are available.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #315 on: June 15, 2015, 11:54:15 PM »

Also, if there's enough interest and players, special threads could be opened for Storm's End/Casterly Rock or Gulltown to further simulate the next phase of the civil war in Westeros.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #316 on: June 16, 2015, 12:03:44 AM »

Shouldn't the regency for the realm be resolved with my will? One person up there was clearly favored for the position should Royce have died/turned traitor.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #317 on: June 16, 2015, 12:08:11 AM »

Shouldn't the regency for the realm be resolved with my will? One person up there was clearly favored for the position should Royce have died/turned traitor.

I added a missing part at the end of the turn stating that Lady Waynwood is technically the regent or is at least favored by the will, but I thought this gave us a great chance to try something a bit different (or something resembling the intrigue we lost when King's Landing went down in flames), specially when Lady Waynwood lacks military prestige. Of course, if the are few players or just one from the Vale then it's unimportant, but I figured it was worth a try.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #318 on: June 16, 2015, 05:55:34 AM »

I imagine the Royces and certainly Lyn Corbrey may share Cersei Lannister's philosophy on the wills of dead Kings...
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #319 on: June 16, 2015, 03:20:06 PM »

Err... I didn't send the entire golden tooth garrison off to battle...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #320 on: June 16, 2015, 03:45:29 PM »

Err... I didn't send the entire golden tooth garrison off to battle...

True, but both armies were close at the moment Lord Coldwater set his trap, and Ser Addam managed to combine the remnants with his men to reform a single army.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #321 on: June 16, 2015, 05:36:33 PM »

Yeah but why are they at sarsfield and not the tooth, when over 6000 were still garrisoning the tooth?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #322 on: June 16, 2015, 05:53:29 PM »

The best laid plans of mice and imps...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #323 on: June 16, 2015, 06:13:40 PM »

The best laid plans of mice and imps...

What I want to know is how Tyrion and Dany resolved the question of what happens to Jaime.  You'd think he'd be dead by now, no?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #324 on: June 16, 2015, 08:22:45 PM »

Apparently seeking vengeance for a wife raping sadist madman was less important than acquiring 30,000 swords, the largest bank in the realm, keeping Tyrion's knowledge of Dragons and how to kill them away from Stannis, a coronation by the true leader of the faith, and marraige to the most intelligent and eligible consort in the world Wink
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies