The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:53:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18
Author Topic: The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 67313 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: July 19, 2015, 08:34:44 PM »

Let the killings begin!

This turn I plan to return to schedule to try and not spent a whole month on a turn, so I will notify those who will write this turn's POV's tomorrow on the ideas I have. The idea is for POV's to be up on Wednesday or Thursday, and end the turn on Sunday on a best case scenario.

So far I have Badgate and X as the ones who will write for this turn, but I'd be happy to count on one or two more players if there's interest!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #376 on: July 19, 2015, 08:49:10 PM »

Let the killings begin!

This turn I plan to return to schedule to try and not spent a whole month on a turn, so I will notify those who will write this turn's POV's tomorrow on the ideas I have. The idea is for POV's to be up on Wednesday or Thursday, and end the turn on Sunday on a best case scenario.

So far I have Badgate and X as the ones who will write for this turn, but I'd be happy to count on one or two more players if there's interest!

I should add that I wouldn't mind doing a POV a turn or something like that, if it'd help.  I love writing those Smiley
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #377 on: July 20, 2015, 03:41:05 AM »

I also love POVs. I would both be happy to help with any of yours that need doing, and I plan several from my faction (I now have a bewildering luxury of NPCs open to me, hooray, not just Aurane and Qyburn)

I will be almost entirely offline from the 23rd - 29th, but I will try and have various prelim plans in your hands before then which can stand if necessary!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #378 on: July 20, 2015, 05:06:38 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2015, 11:58:38 AM by Winter has come »

In addition to the POV I'm going to write for Lumine this turn, I'll have a bonus one out tonight that I started writing during the intermission last turn (though obviously the one I'm doing for Lumine will take priority).
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #379 on: July 28, 2015, 07:52:53 PM »

Turn end date now the POVs are out?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #380 on: July 28, 2015, 08:00:09 PM »

That's odd... I was sure I had posted on this. It ends tomorrow night!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #381 on: July 29, 2015, 11:28:23 PM »

Well... some people really went all in with their plots this turn... I'm sorry for Edmure and Tyrion, but it was their time to go given the results. Four other players narrowly escaped death via dice roll, so this could have been even worse.

Keep up the good work!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #382 on: July 30, 2015, 01:24:55 AM »

Exciting turn to say the least

Good job Lumine, the game has a good flow and even in spite of my own misfortune the story has gotten quite awesome! Congrats to badgate who finally brought down the little lion

Hopefully I will be allowed to nab a new character straight away! (Dibs on Jaime?) Grin
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #383 on: July 30, 2015, 03:24:22 AM »

Murdering the Tullys, that's...brutal...at least poor Sansa and my ex-fiancée got away. Roses with thorns indeed...

And it would seem Dany and X are in cahoots to cause maximum destruction after all!

Well done Tyrion, you did wonders for a long time with a difficult situation and your fall was nothing to do with any mistake. If I hampered you now and then it was due to sheer envy at your prowess with the laydees. Looking forward to seeing your Kingslayer (esp his PoVs!)
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #384 on: July 30, 2015, 09:50:17 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2015, 09:52:59 AM by Dereich »

Armies of Westeros: ~62,000 divided, infighting and with static/declining numbers

Army of the Others: ~130,500 united and constantly growing stronger

GG everywhere north of Dorne, you had a good run. Should have supported Stannis when you had the chance Tongue

Also, a larger map of who controls what in the Vale would be interesting. I might work on something a little later, now that I'm out of the game.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #385 on: July 30, 2015, 11:18:55 AM »

I did warn all of you that the war was getting longer and longer, so... And yes, happy to accept Leonardo back as Jaime! I don't really expect to have an Asha player, so her forces will be put under Targaryen control next turn.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #386 on: July 31, 2015, 11:52:50 AM »

...at least we've whittled the Sidhe themselves down to a puny 85,000 ish somehow...!?

Better hope Dany gets bored of steak soon and orders ice cream instead
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #387 on: July 31, 2015, 12:01:45 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2015, 12:03:34 PM by Winter has come »

...at least we've whittled the Sidhe themselves down to a puny 85,000 ish somehow...!?

Or she could just incinerate you for double-crossing her Tongue

@ Lumine: Has the invasion officially progressed enough that players can try to negotiate with me IC if they wish?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #388 on: July 31, 2015, 12:20:14 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2015, 12:21:48 PM by Dereich »

You are not only he person who has now murdered tens of thousands, pushing fearful refugees telling horror stories everywhere in the kingdom that is still safe but are also literally the boogeyman that Westerosi children are taught to fear from birth. Just the rumor that anyone was negotiating with you would be enough to topple any lord in the realm.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #389 on: July 31, 2015, 02:05:29 PM »

You are not only he person who has now murdered tens of thousands, pushing fearful refugees telling horror stories everywhere in the kingdom that is still safe but are also literally the boogeyman that Westerosi children are taught to fear from birth. Just the rumor that anyone was negotiating with you would be enough to topple any lord in the realm.

I'm pretty sure you're dead Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #390 on: July 31, 2015, 02:07:04 PM »

Or she could just incinerate you for double-crossing her Tongue

@ Lumine: Has the invasion officially progressed enough that players can try to negotiate with me IC if they wish?

Yes, they can indeed negotiate. But of course, I would be wary of getting caught by their subjects! Getting cruficied would be a minor consecuence.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #391 on: July 31, 2015, 08:04:25 PM »

Considering how very very very few people were able to speak the old tongue BEFORE the entire North was eviscerated (and only beyond the wall besides) I don't really see how there could be much bargaining occurring.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #392 on: July 31, 2015, 08:07:32 PM »

Considering how very very very few people were able to speak the old tongue BEFORE the entire North was eviscerated (and only beyond the wall besides) I don't really see how there could be much bargaining occurring.

Ramsay could speak the common tongue and thus presumably Culrikhan can communicate via raven.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #393 on: August 02, 2015, 12:36:00 PM »

Ramsay could speak the common tongue and thus presumably Culrikhan can communicate via raven.

1. What ravens could survive the cold, both the weather and Ramsay's touch
2. How could the ink be warmed for the same reason above
3. Where would living fodder be found to maintain a rookery in the depths of winter, and who would be maintaining them? I can't really see Ramsay bothering with a bunch of birds

The idea of the Others negotiating seems to be rather silly regardless given what we see of them on the show and in the novels; the old races are all dying out and this is their last stand against humanity, OR they just want to kill off everyone like the show seems to imply. I think the whole point is the Others aren't here to spare anyone.

At the very least I don't see it possible without sending human envoys, and even then are likely to receive the same treatment Ser Waymar Royce did.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #394 on: August 03, 2015, 03:47:01 AM »

I think it would have to be a wight (not white) raven!!

Now what maester or similar would be weird enough to pick up one of those? Hmmm...

leonardothered
United States

« Reply #395 on: August 04, 2015, 12:46:58 AM »

A very nice POV indeed. Im not sure about the bleeding but it was some very nice characterization of both the Others and Arya
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #396 on: August 04, 2015, 04:46:27 AM »

Horrifying and excellent. Had better try and think up a cracker myself

Hanging on for that forces update before I engage in any real diplomacy...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #397 on: August 04, 2015, 07:25:07 PM »

Troop levels fully updated. I will message people tomorrow for POV's.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #398 on: August 10, 2015, 03:26:06 AM »

How much more time to we have...?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #399 on: August 10, 2015, 10:41:10 AM »

About two days, I'd say.