The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:07:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 67399 times)
leonardothered
United States

« on: February 21, 2015, 05:22:08 AM »

Hey any open spots atm? I've read up on the story and I also went over the clash of kings game to get an idea of how to play. The stories are really good btw, kings landing blowing up was awesome
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 06:14:14 PM »

Wow such a difficult choice lol

I feel like picking Daenerys might be rocking the boat a bit too much with Aegon already in Westeros, how do people feel about me playing Jon? I'd also be Denys Mallister depending on what you think would best suit the game going forward. I was also considering Edmure even though the Riverlands is in shambles.

Aye but I reckon Jon is my first pick, he's currently married to Val and Stannis is his liege correct? Tbh I'll take whoever you think will suit the story best though, this one is already better than clash and I don't wanna slow anyone's roll

Quite excited though, gonna go get caught up on all the regional topics too and the vale player mentioned he was pretty proud of his POV IC so I'll check it out.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 06:52:00 PM »

Oh, did you find this 'cause I posted about it on westeros.org?

Yup yup, I'm Leonardo on there
If we're eager for more players I definitely know one or two who would be interested. They slaughtered me last game of ASOIAF diplomacy we played, so you don't have to worry about any goofy alliance antics

I'll take a minute then, it seems like Dany might be the crucial character here then since her forces are still unspent, then again Tyrion actually still wields a decent force too and his gold
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 05:37:15 PM »

In really tempted to take Jon but I'll take a tyrion since he's going to be more involved it seems
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 05:46:57 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2015, 05:49:39 PM by leonardothered »

Had a reeeaaallly long POV chapter so I figure'd I would summarize OOC here:

Smallcouncil:
Steward - Roland Crakehall
Coin - Alysanne Lefford
Laws - Forley Prester
Whisper - Antario Jast
Marshal - Addam Marbran
Admiral - Gerion Farman

Kingsguard:
Ser Jaime Lannister
Ser Balon Swann
Ser Lyle Crakehall
Ser Harwyn Plumm
Ser Josmyn Peckledon

I also issued a pardon for Clegane should he return to the west to claim the castle or serve though I don't really expect that to pan out, and also a 250k gold dragon bounty for Euron's head and 100,000 for Victarion. A Lannister always pays his debts Grin

I'll try and cut the next POV shorter >.<
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 06:16:01 PM »

Oh my bad, I still don't entirely understand procedure just yet, should i take my pov down?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 09:05:50 PM »

Yeah he has a number of dromonds I think, as well as 500 city watch and other refugees, that seems to be how the otherhalf of the kl survivors got out
Anyways welcome to the game
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 06:10:25 AM »

am I kicking off in the turn that's beginning now (seven, right?)

This is actually just the middle phase, there is another window to submit orders and then the turn will wrap up with military updates iirc
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 10:36:36 PM »

I could lend a hand as well, I'm a musician so I only work nights and usually just weekends.

Also if anyone is interested, I'm running a similar game over at westeros.org that borrows heavily from this game and combines it with what we were running over there already. Been trying to get something together to host for awhile and I finally got some materials together to do it, so hats off to Lumine for that and all previous participants, should be fun and hope you don't mind. The only downside is there is no RPing as its not allowed on the site.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 02:03:12 AM »

Veeery nicely done badagate, I knew it was going to be good after the first few sentences, really crisp jump in there
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 02:28:12 AM »

It's in forum games; it's diplomacraft: the north
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 09:24:44 PM »

Jeezy creezy that was particularly brutal but not to be unexpected from Ramsay

Good write up, let's hope the others don't have their eyes on the Bolton broodling :0
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 08:47:15 PM »

We're about to start up Diplomacraft: The North over at westeros.org if anyone was interested and has free time, should be a hoot Grin

Hopefully I can get my POV in before the turn is closed out, some good Jaime/Tyrion stuff in it
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 09:17:01 PM »

Oh of course not, but I like to help give a little color and illuminate the story a bit more

Agreed things get way too revealing, Tyrion has a deal of secretive planning being done so it'll give a lot away. I've got a nice post battle POV though with Tyrion sitting with Tommen waiting for Jaime to get back, should be good if I can finish it
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 01:35:56 AM »

What would Jaime need pardoning for? He was already pardoned by Robert. Stannis couldn't ask for Jaime's head without invalidating his own dynasty's decisions and taking huge hits to prestige and legitimacy. He also can't really fault Tyrion for serving his house during the battle of the Blackwater, as that's exactly what he did in Robert's Rebellion instead of supporting his rightful liege.

After his loss on the Blackwater and his time in the North, Stannis is a different person and leader. He pardoned the Stormlords after they supported Renly and that was early on; if he refused the Lannister offer it would almost certainly have pushed the Lannisters to Aegon and then he'd really be in an unwinnable war, at least on the face of it.

IC Aegon has made it clear he thought Aerys' actions were justified or at the very least called what Jaime did cold blooded murder, and after saying so would have to call for his head or lose even more prestige and legitimacy than Stannis would for keeping him alive, because he's sparing the man who killed his grandfather. Tyrion was also totally alone and without allies as well as being already married and being invaded by a full force of Ironborn; it was time to pick a side or watch as the winner took his spoils and then put the Lannister dynasty to the sword.

Stannis needs the Lannister's resources and armies, but I think that's a far cry from trusting them, and it puts the Lannisters in a great position aside from troubles on the homefront. Stannis is a proven commander as Tyrion knows having fought him, and Stannis knows Tyrion isn't someone who is to be underestimated and is very intelligent and useful in his own way. Tyrion is above most things a survivor(especially after the blackwater) and someone who cares deeply for his remaining family: Jaime.

Also Lumine I'm a songwriter by trade so I can come up with the music as well Grin
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 02:01:19 AM »

Also great update Lumine, can't wait to see the next phase Grin

And yeah don't worry about us here, school is number one priority so don't take too many late nights either
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 02:51:30 AM »

What are the words the North once heard;
A liar's tongue talks small
How can it be after where we've been,
the direwolf still calls?

Two towers tall, can you count them all
now none are left to weep
A pink man gone, who said his only wrong
was dining at a crimson feast

The North Remembers that towers have no teeth
The North Remembers that flayed men are but weak
The North Remembers, and to the Starks we keep

Winter had come despite all we'd done
Our tears froze on our cheeks
Born but was shunned, the white wolf had come
With the grinding of a king's teeth

Bolton was hung, and his coat was wrung
the blood like wine poured free
Justice was done, by the North's last son,
Lord Stark, under the heart tree

The North Remembers that towers have no teeth
The North Remembers that flayed men are but weak
The North Remembers, and to the Starks we keep

Verse: Bb     Dm     F      G
Bb      Dm

Chorus:
F      Bb      Gm      Am     Dm       G

Have the music too but I can't link it for some reason. It's a sombre tune but with a confident resolution, melody wise
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 03:03:55 AM »

Err maybe I should have waited for that, been kind of a miserable day though, my uncle is in hospital in ICU and he's one of the folks who helped me get writing in the first place, so felt good to work on something, hopefully you guys can hear the music for it too as it's pretty solid. No Rains of Castamere but I had some good fun with it Grin
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 05:40:03 AM »

ouch! big bad stag, pick on someone your own size...

Well you did mount the dragon Grin

I was hoping to buy you off with Lannister gold but was too slow
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 08:48:50 AM »

ouch! big bad stag, pick on someone your own size...

Well you did mount the dragon Grin

I was hoping to buy you off with Lannister gold but was too slow

haha! and you think the noble House Velaryon would bow to your vile Lannister pelf and threats? ahem.

Well not thinking so much as hoping ;}
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 02:27:41 PM »

Until we get a player for Doran, would it be alright if I assume command over his armies - since they're playing such an important role in the game?

Yeah I think you're already guaranteed that support through marriage with Arianne.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 06:38:04 AM »

Raawr

How's it been goin' fellas I feel like I haven't heard from ya in a minute. Hope things are going well with captain Lumine, probably just busy as all hell Grin

In other news, the North game over at westeros.org is going well, and I've been writing up a new POV for Tyrion in the meantime while waiting, probably gonna post it soon

Everyone else doing aight?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 02:06:04 AM »

Raawr

How's it been goin' fellas I feel like I haven't heard from ya in a minute. Hope things are going well with captain Lumine, probably just busy as all hell Grin

In other news, the North game over at westeros.org is going well, and I've been writing up a new POV for Tyrion in the meantime while waiting, probably gonna post it soon

Everyone else doing aight?

I too am considering doing a POV, though it'd be a lot more work than it was for Mace (considering Willas has not yet been seen in the books, and doesn't exist in the show)

Go for it, we know some big talking points about Willas. I have the feeling the queen of thorns had a significant hand in his upbringing. Garlan is a badass, yet all the Tyrells hold Willas in highest esteem.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 05:37:11 PM »

Also badgate small error in your POV, Balon Swann was named to the kingsguard by Cersei after Tyrion was already in position as hand of the king.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 06:07:03 PM »

^Thank you! I'll have to change that bit to give a more credible backstory to Yohn drunkenly buying fourty barrels of Dornish white.

Hope everyone enjoyed Myrcella. There will be a companion POV from Varys' perspective, but it won't be out until around 2am tonight.

FINALLY lol, I've literally been working since game start to bring Myrcella back. Well done with the POV
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies