The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:25:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 67392 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 06, 2015, 05:56:41 PM »

Right, this will be open for a long time, but the characters we will need in order for the game to start are Stannis, Daenerys and Roose Bolton. If any of the players knows of someone who might be interested in the game, please send them a message!

You might want to "advertise" it with another thread in forum community board (couldn't hurt).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 10:36:29 PM »

All we need is Dany! Smiley

Though I could see leaving her as unplayed an option as well, seeing as she is half the world away from the rest of the characters

I was just about to suggest that myself.  Someone can always join as her later and I suspect (like last time) more will join once things get fully underway.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 09:05:30 AM »

Elkins is clearly a sock so Dkrol can play two characters

I swear he's not. He's a real person, from a GovSim , whom I'm friends with. Several other players of that game are active on this forum and can vouch that we are not the same person.

Did anyone else just get a random, weird PM from Badgate bashing Lumine?  I doubt Elkins is a sock and am not really sure what Badgate's deal is here.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 11:57:42 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 12:13:16 AM »

Cry I always get killed.

I'll take the Tyrells again, assuming the rest of the Reach survives the next turn. Tongue Wink

All traitors must burn Evil

Assuming Elkins is still playing, I'll take Ramsay Snow (if he isn't, then I'll take Roose Bolton).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 12:42:57 AM »

Won't be a problem, King Stannis doesn't mind things that are a bit melted. Fire's good as long as its kept away from the ships.

I don't know, wildfire doesn't seem to agree with Stannis.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 09:38:57 AM »

What are Spamage and my prompt/prestiege/GD/Legitimacy write-ups for this turn?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 09:06:14 AM »

Just to let you know, I'll be on holiday starting tomorrow, until Sunday evening (late morning/noon in America). I sent my turns and everything, so I believe I won't be needed that much during that time, I don't assume the new turn will start until then?

I doubt the new turn will start before then, but I'd think POVs would be any day now (quite possibly even today), although Lumine can obviously correct me if I'm wrong.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 06:11:16 PM »

Has turn six actually started yet?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 09:09:10 AM »

Hi, another recruit from Westeros!

I'd be really interested in joining either as Aurane, Ser Denys Mallister, or...someone else? Can I pick more of less any lord?

I think which characters are available depends on the situation when you enter the game or at least that's how it was during the first game (ex: I doubt whichever Redwyne became a Lord after Paxter's...err...cremation would be a playable character).  But Aurane Waters and Ser Denys Mallister are both available right now, as I'm sure you saw.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 11:36:10 PM »

On the upside, this gives up one more day to send in our turn orders. Tongue

Am I the only one who sends them in on the same day the turn starts?

Nope
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 09:53:49 AM »

The Starks and the North are having a disturbingly calm, happy time of it. Bring on Ramsay and some new snowman friends, to the tune of Walking in the Air...

Think of it as the calm before the storm...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 06:53:17 AM »

Me too, bwahaha

I wonder, how did Ser Jorah get back into Dany's good graces? I thought he was last seen drinking silver haired whores etc! Still. Ulp. Bit of a game-changer if she turns up soon indeed!

This game started right after the Purple Wedding with the twist that Tywin and Cersei get poisoned instead.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 02:40:23 PM »

I don't think Lumine ended the turn.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 04:59:33 PM »

How exactly did the Baratheon-Lannister alliance come about?  It seems pretty OOC for Stannis to pardon the Lannisters (I certainly can't imagine he'd let Tommen and Jaime live at the very least Tongue ).  Am I missing something or...?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 06:43:46 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2015, 06:45:28 AM by X »

What would Jaime need pardoning for? He was already pardoned by Robert. Stannis couldn't ask for Jaime's head without invalidating his own dynasty's decisions and taking huge hits to prestige and legitimacy. He also can't really fault Tyrion for serving his house during the battle of the Blackwater, as that's exactly what he did in Robert's Rebellion instead of supporting his rightful liege.

After his loss on the Blackwater and his time in the North, Stannis is a different person and leader. He pardoned the Stormlords after they supported Renly and that was early on; if he refused the Lannister offer it would almost certainly have pushed the Lannisters to Aegon and then he'd really be in an unwinnable war, at least on the face of it.

IC Aegon has made it clear he thought Aerys' actions were justified or at the very least called what Jaime did cold blooded murder, and after saying so would have to call for his head or lose even more prestige and legitimacy than Stannis would for keeping him alive, because he's sparing the man who killed his grandfather. Tyrion was also totally alone and without allies as well as being already married and being invaded by a full force of Ironborn; it was time to pick a side or watch as the winner took his spoils and then put the Lannister dynasty to the sword.

Stannis needs the Lannister's resources and armies, but I think that's a far cry from trusting them, and it puts the Lannisters in a great position aside from troubles on the homefront. Stannis is a proven commander as Tyrion knows having fought him, and Stannis knows Tyrion isn't someone who is to be underestimated and is very intelligent and useful in his own way. Tyrion is above most things a survivor(especially after the blackwater) and someone who cares deeply for his remaining family: Jaime.

Also Lumine I'm a songwriter by trade so I can come up with the music as well Grin

He'd need pardoning for commiting incest with Cersei.  Btw, I hope your uncle gets better soon!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 03:41:41 PM »

Sounds about right Evil
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 05:42:07 AM »

I'm working on POV's now, but they won't be ready today. Counting the one I plan to ask Badgate about, we should see Sansa Stark, Shireen Baratheon or Davos Seaworth and Victarion or Euron Greyjoy, at least considering what I have in mind.

Isn't Euron dead?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 11:50:53 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2015, 11:53:10 AM by X »

Back, I'm thinking of potential POV's right now.

Not to rush you or anything, but when will we get the POVs?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 04:53:06 PM »

Back, I'm thinking of potential POV's right now.

Not to rush you or anything, but when will we get the POVs?

Today, I managed to start writing them by myself for his particular turn, xD

We will see Samwell Tarly at Castle Black, Reek beyond the Wall and one or two POVs from the South, probably Varys.

Sounds good!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 05:55:21 PM »

I could arrange to have you resurected, if you'd like.  We're always looking for more wights Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2015, 04:52:33 PM »

Oooo, excited to have a Vicky, but sorry bereaved Connie didn't get more of a chance to shine

Jon Connington is now a wight, so he technically has the rest of eternity to shine Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 09:42:29 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2015, 11:59:30 AM by X »

any mercenary aid desired on PoVs this turn...?

I'd be happy to take a stab at one as well if it'd be helpful.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 09:53:34 PM »

Don't ask me how, but inspiration struck me in a rare way. Sad as it was to write them, the three final chapters are done, and will be posted as soon as the first one is up. (Hint: I'm going Martin on this turn)

Translation for newbies: we're gonna get like 20+ deaths Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 05:51:12 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2015, 07:58:09 AM by X »

I had a tough time deciding whether to go to my inevitable death at Winterfell and die like a king or to go to Braavos and use the faceless men to kill myself and Daenerys in the hope that everything would work out for Shireen. Though I'm pretty sure the other option would have been better for Team Stannis, I feel like this makes a better story and is how Stannis would want to go.

Seeing how the show took things, I prefer THIS death for Stannis in front of Winterfell to whatever may happen there. Game!Stannis dies a hero who had every (excepting the Greyjoys) major house's support at some point, fought and almost beat the representation of evil, organized Westeros against the invading menace, and, of course, DIDN'T BURN HIS BELOVED DAUGHTER AND HEIR.

All in all, better than I thought I'd do.

Well this was certainly a great start to the day (nice to actually win a major battle for once Tongue).  Excellent work as always, Lumine! Badgate's Arya chapter was great as well.  I'd argue that these were easily the best POVs since the destruction of KL.  

I suppose there's not much else to say except that Winter has come...

@ Dereich: You really did do a great job!  In addition to everything you mentioned, as far as I can tell you handled the strategic aspects of the game extremely well while still being pretty IC in terms of your actions.  To be honest, I was far more worried that you'd kill GameRamsay/Culrikhan than I was about anyone else given how well you'd been doing and how good you seemed to be at building unexpected alliances.  And sure enough, you came incredibly close to pulling it off.  I nearly had a heart attack when I thought I'd "won" the battle of Winterfell only to get killed by you at the last second.  I tip my hat to a worthy opponent!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies