The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:49:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Lion and the Rose, the II ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread)  (Read 67389 times)
Dereich
YaBB God

« on: January 06, 2015, 09:33:45 PM »

I guess since the kings are required I'll take Stannis.

Was looking forward to reseizing the Vale as Royce, but maybe that's for the future
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 12:32:05 AM »

Won't be a problem, King Stannis doesn't mind things that are a bit melted. Fire's good as long as its kept away from the ships.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 01:06:25 AM »

Won't be a problem, King Stannis doesn't mind things that are a bit melted. Fire's good as long as its kept away from the ships.

I don't know, wildfire doesn't seem to agree with Stannis.

As I said, just keep it away from the ships and fire's all good.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »

Yeah, each person has their own ways of playing the game. Whenever I try to write a PoV it either ends up being too boring or too revealing of my intentions, so I mostly avoid doing it.

In my opinion, the characters who really benefit from PoVs are those we don't know enough about (Waters, Royce, Aegon) or those who are taking their characters in a new direction that couldn't have developed in the original timeline (Snow "Bolton" or Lannister). We know Stannis pretty well from POVs of his two closest confidants and he's so inflexible that I can't imagine him changing his goals no matter what Lumine throws up. I don't think there's much I could say that y'all would benefit form.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 09:09:39 PM »

Well the most important thing is that Lumine doesn't burn out; I want to see this through to the end! If that means really long turns, I guess that's a necessary price we have to pay.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 11:30:30 AM »

Objection m'lud! I got legitimised by Aegon last turn; I'm Aurane Velaryon now and 'd like the wee legit boost for which I paid so dearly...

A legitimization that is very much disputed.

And I'd bet you DID get a legitimacy boost, you just lost more by losing the main factors propping up your regency, namely your fleet and your lord.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 11:00:09 AM »

Join Team Stannis! It's what all the *cool people are doing!

*Excepting the Ice People
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 11:07:39 AM »

Thinking about it seriously, those are both good options. The only other important positions I can think of on short notice would be someone in the (still free) Free Cities, Edmure Tully or Jon Stark.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 06:12:14 PM »

I'm not surprised the baby doesn't have silver hair. Elia's grandchild (maybe) and Arienne's child is more Martell than Targaryen. Excellent work like usual Badgate.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 01:40:49 AM »

Someday, Dragonstone will be safe. It's got to happen eventually, right? Right?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 08:19:05 AM »

What is dead may never die...
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 11:32:46 PM »

Every major house has now at some point or another supported Stannis Smiley
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 10:46:57 AM »
« Edited: June 03, 2015, 11:49:02 AM by Dereich »

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! I thought there would be three PoVs! I didn't submit any orders this turn. I'm very sorry. I won't be so negligent again.

Edit: Actually, I submitted a few. Didn't do much good though

Edit 2: Oh look, there's message right there saying no 3rd PoV. Well that was a mistake.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 11:53:42 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2015, 11:55:20 PM by Dereich »

I had a tough time deciding whether to go to my inevitable death at Winterfell and die like a king or to go to Braavos and use the faceless men to kill myself and Daenerys in the hope that everything would work out for Shireen. Though I'm pretty sure the other option would have been better for Team Stannis, I feel like this makes a better story and is how Stannis would want to go.

Seeing how the show took things, I prefer THIS death for Stannis in front of Winterfell to whatever may happen there. Game!Stannis dies a hero who had every (excepting the Greyjoys) major house's support at some point, fought and almost beat the representation of evil, organized Westeros against the invading menace, and, of course, DIDN'T BURN HIS BELOVED DAUGHTER AND HEIR.

All in all, better than I thought I'd do.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 12:03:44 AM »

Shouldn't the regency for the realm be resolved with my will? One person up there was clearly favored for the position should Royce have died/turned traitor.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 09:50:17 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2015, 09:52:59 AM by Dereich »

Armies of Westeros: ~62,000 divided, infighting and with static/declining numbers

Army of the Others: ~130,500 united and constantly growing stronger

GG everywhere north of Dorne, you had a good run. Should have supported Stannis when you had the chance Tongue

Also, a larger map of who controls what in the Vale would be interesting. I might work on something a little later, now that I'm out of the game.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 12:20:14 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2015, 12:21:48 PM by Dereich »

You are not only he person who has now murdered tens of thousands, pushing fearful refugees telling horror stories everywhere in the kingdom that is still safe but are also literally the boogeyman that Westerosi children are taught to fear from birth. Just the rumor that anyone was negotiating with you would be enough to topple any lord in the realm.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies