2014 Gubernatorial Races by CD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:52:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2014 Gubernatorial Races by CD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2014 Gubernatorial Races by CD  (Read 26993 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: January 07, 2015, 09:30:21 AM »

Even if it is through a vote-split fluke, in' wow at Astorino winning NY-20. That district is typically even more Democratic than NY-25 (which I see Astorino narrowly lost, although his percent of the vote there was greater than in NY-20).

Astorino won the 20th mostly due to Howie Hawkins getting nearly 11% there.  That district is incredibly inelastic due to Albany county and the state employees.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 06:46:51 PM »

Maryland.

CD Summary:

County detail:

The precinct-level file I downloaded from the state election site only broke the election day totals down by precinct. That was usually 70-85% worth of the vote, so I used my usual formal to fill in the gaps and allocate the early/absentee votes. If I see that they've updated the precinct total, I'll revisit this.

Absolutely pathetic numbers for Brown in the 4th and 7th.  No Dem should have trouble clearing 70% in either of those seats.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 09:53:17 AM »

^ Hogan's margin in CD1 is also pretty crazy. 77% is a Deep South/Appalachia-like performance.

And almost 48% in 8th is also "not bad". Of course, 8th includes parts of Carroll and Frederick, but AFAIK it's most populated part is Montgomery, which is uber Democratic now (no Republican officeholders of any stature).

I expected the 8th to be fairly close.  The 5th was pretty bad too.  That district should not have been within single digits given that PG county makes up the vast majority of its votes.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 04:21:56 PM »

^ Actually, only 42% of the vote in CD5 came from PG. Even in 2012, it was 44%.

Oh really?  Hmm.  Well even so, that portion of PG voted around 90% for Obama and the rural counties are not THAT bad for Democrats.  Any Democrat should be able to manage the high fifties in that district. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 05:57:32 PM »

Quinn managed to lose both 8th and 17th almost by double-digits? And won 9th only by 10? Not surprised that he lost rather convincingly then...

Absolutely pathetic.  Losing the 8th by double digits is completely inexcusable for a Dem.  And only winning the 5th by 13.  Ugh. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 07:28:07 AM »

It's remarkable that Dayton only won 3 districts in MN with that margin.  Guess it was a sign of things to come.

After 2016, it's surprising that the 8th district was one of the three that he won.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies