Nathan vs Memphis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:44:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Nathan vs Memphis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Nathan vs Memphis
Nathan

Memphis

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Nathan vs Memphis  (Read 4952 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2015, 03:11:37 PM »
« edited: January 14, 2015, 03:20:18 PM by sex-negative feminist prude »

It's worth mentioning that it's also incredibly disrespectful to rape victims to use them as pawns in one's unrelated sociopolitical fixations, as memphis does with his antireligious tendencies.
Not nearly as disrespectful of victims as it is of you to pretend that the nature of religious authority doesn't lend itself toward sexual abuse. You are mocking them and belittling the horror of their experiences every day you pretend this is not an issue.

...I just called for a purge of the Catholic clergy something like a week ago. As in I used the word 'purge'. Beyond that, the idea that 'the nature of religious authority' is a thing that exists in the sense of being both consistent across various religions and distinguishable from other types of authority is really weird, and is just a way for you to provide a fig leaf of pseudo-sociological quasi-legitimacy to your wildly arrogant and offensive assertion that the only way to be anti-rape is to share your exact religious beliefs. You're so transparent. Give it up.
I'm sorry you find the truth to be "weird." That's how things operate in the world outside your convent.

I'm sorry you confuse nonsensical, specious pseudo-sociology with 'truth'. That isn't how things operate in the world outside your subreddit.

I don't want to be 'that girl' and quote Durkheim. So I won't. The basic, foundational assumptions of sociology of religion as a discipline are there if you want to look for them.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If memory serves, what happened was you used it as a jumping-off point to mischaracterize my argument in the most insulting possible terms and I pointed out that that was what you were doing.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You're aware that this is essentially a tone argument you're making, right? Tone arguments and inflammatory assertions repeated ad nauseam seem to be the only kinds of rebuttals to anything I say that you're capable of making. Accusing me of ad hominem attacks for pointing out that you're bigoted insofar as your arguments contain premises that constitute bigotry...accusing me of obscurantism for preferring to write in complex sentences...it never ends.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2015, 11:38:35 AM »

It's not an MRA thing to believe in another side of discrimination and that there aren't always good consequences to letting one gender represent "gender equality".

To say there is no male discrimination, is dangerously ignorant. It's uncharitable to assume all who acknowledge it and want to do something about are just "patriarch apologists".

To cry and lament only that there are too few women at the top, while forgetting the men lower down by just saying "oh they're men they'll get up...becuz' privilege" is a very dangerous viewpoint.

If he were more polite, applied misandry towards a bigger picture, included trans-men (who notably seem to get less press than trans-women), and didn't seem to blatantly swing the other way of snakes like Valerie Solanas,Catherine McKinnon, and TERFS, I may have voted for him. And he still has more of my vote than opebo, Reaganfan, NY Express, Libertas, CCSF, or Deus Naturae

Maddy for some of the unfortunate red-avvie SJW apologism done and other smaller disagreements had, she's still very insightful, very respectful of other viewpoints, and has more things to say than just one topic.

So yeah, still Maddy.

I don't get your first 3 paragraphs. I don't agree with any of the views you seem to attack. But I also don't think Memphis holds any of these views.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies