What's the coldest weather you've walked a meaningful distance in? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:47:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What's the coldest weather you've walked a meaningful distance in? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's the coldest weather you've walked a meaningful distance in?  (Read 2130 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: January 08, 2015, 01:10:58 PM »

I jog 3 miles on a daily basis regardless of the weather. Last year, there were several days of windchills in the -30s. The first day I wore two pairs of sweatpants, two hoodies, gloves, boots to tuck my pants into, and a ski mask. I started sweating before the end of the first mile and was unbearably hot by the end. The second day, I wore just one hoodie, and replaced the pair of sweatpants "underneath" with pajama pants, and the ski mask with a hat. That was better.

The lowest temperature walking would've been one of those days, when I didn't have a parking permit to park at the school and so would walk the maybe kilometer and a half (bit more than a mile) to the police station, where I could park my car without a permit. It was interesting, since I would walk with others, and frequently people dressed more warmly than I, who were sometimes more athletic than I am, were still much more...responsive...to the cold.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies