Foods that people like but you can't stand
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:04:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Foods that people like but you can't stand
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Foods that people like but you can't stand  (Read 9048 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »

Interesting that a lot of people mention fish. That's really the only meat I eat regularly, and between orange roughy and salmon, I could (I don't) eat it every day! The local Giant eagle has a stupendous selection of fresh fish.

To answer, I don't like red meat. I don't like the smell of it cooking, I don't care for the taste of it, etc. (includes bacon, hamburgers, etc.). I guess that sort of developed because I gave it up a long time ago and developed tastes for other things. As a result I've realized just how bland red meat is. For instance, I don't get why people put meat in lasagna. If it's available and I'm at a restaurant, I sometimes get spinach (or veggie) lasagna, and it's amazingly better. Sometimes it's in a red sauce, sometimes an alfredo. Spinach seems like a much tastier and more natural ingredient to enhance lasagna with than beef or some sort of meat.

I also don't like barbecue, come to think of it. It's just too overwhelming, and thankfully most foods that I don't eat are barbecued.

Also really hot or really spicy things. To me it just kills whatever flavor might be in the food.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2015, 04:59:44 PM »

Reese's peanut butter cups (there is not a more disgusting delicious mixture ever conceived than chocolate and peanut butter)

I'm not certain I'd call the overly sweet filling of a Reese's cup by the name of peanut butter.

Considering I like Reese's and don't normally like peanut butter, you're probably right.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies