Nevada 2014 Statewide Races by CD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:11:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Nevada 2014 Statewide Races by CD
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nevada 2014 Statewide Races by CD  (Read 2084 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 09, 2015, 04:26:59 AM »

I broke down all six NV statewide elections by CD (and as a Democrat, I was cringing the entire time):

GOVERNOR:

LG:

SOS:

AG:

TREASURER:

CONTROLLER:

Ross Miller was the only Democrat to carry CD4; he was the only one to net enough votes out of Clark County to drown out the rural counties.

And here are statewide averages by CD. Usually, my statewide averages are just based on two-party results, but third parties do well in NV, so it seemed wrong to exclude them. I clumped together the Libertarians/Indies and the None of These votes to make the 'Other' category.

At first, I didn't include the Governor's race, as it wasn't as competitive as the others. So here's the statewide averages by CD excluding the Governor's race:

Finally, with Sandoval included, the total Republican advantage goes from +11 to +17:

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 08:09:15 AM »

Kids, this is why you run competitive candidates everywhere you can.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 09:58:47 PM »

Turnout disaster really sunk the D's everywhere in Nevada this cycle, they have the opportunity to get lots of offices back in 2018, but until then, literally everything on the state level is Republican controlled. Also, I see Horsford's problem was that he didn't run ahead of the standard GOP margin in NV-04, not that he had any problems himself. He could certainly get the seat back in 2016.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 10:28:52 PM »

I was impressed but not surprised when I saw that Sandoval won NV-1, but for Democrats to lose that district in a race that had been thought of as competitive at one point is just mind-blowing.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 10:36:33 PM »

^ Guv was never competitive.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 10:41:01 PM »

Quoted the LG race -- Hutchinson v. Flores was thought of as competitive at one point Smiley
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 10:45:08 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2015, 10:51:40 PM by Miles »

Turnout disaster really sunk the D's everywhere in Nevada this cycle, they have the opportunity to get lots of offices back in 2018, but until then, literally everything on the state level is Republican controlled. Also, I see Horsford's problem was that he didn't run ahead of the standard GOP margin in NV-04, not that he had any problems himself. He could certainly get the seat back in 2016.

Here's just CD4, comparing the votes that Democrats got in Clark County vs the rest of the district:

Other than Miller, who actually carried the district, Horsford actually did the best. In a Presidential year, I think he could pretty easily make up that deficit of less than 4K votes.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

FWIW, turnout in NV-01 was by far the lowest.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 03:12:01 AM »

Um, how often does NV-1 have only 1/3 to 1/2 of the turnout of the other CDs? I didn't think 70% of the population there was undocumented.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 06:52:56 PM »

Only Democrats could allow something like this too happen.  Would Republicans all fail to vote in an election because they didn't have a good gubernatorial candidate?  Its as if Democrats are animals that only know to vote if the party literally drags them to the polling booth.  Disgusting.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies