Mexico June 7th 2015 elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:38:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Mexico June 7th 2015 elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mexico June 7th 2015 elections  (Read 55987 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: January 22, 2015, 03:05:07 PM »
« edited: January 22, 2015, 03:09:49 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

ag, "the lunch table around your office" is filled with highly educated, relatively affluent Mexican nationals who want to believe that any left-wing politician who doesn't adhere to the dictates of serious people is an "potential dictator" or "fascist" . I'm pretty aware of this perspective because it's one shared by my mother. Nevertheless, it has always struck me as a bit delusional.

That's not to say that I support the PRD or Obrador or "Bolivarianism" but don't act like your insights have merit because they're shared by accountants, economists and HR reps in DF or Monterrey.

For what it's worth, I tend to agree that the history of the PRI shares many similarities with fascism in Europe and that these similarities shouldn't be overlooked. It's no coincidence that a former PRI stooge disrespected the foundations of Mexican democracy after he lost an election. Obrador's megalomaniacal paranoia is partially a reflection of the worst qualities of the PRI.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 12:56:15 PM »

I look forward to seeing DF's hilarious election results.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 03:19:47 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2015, 03:21:37 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

I found this insightful infographic on the Reforma blog. Although I was well-aware of Mexico's malaise when I visited my family in the summer, these figures are very dire. I don't think the poll's depiction of electoral preferences has any predicative power in this climate of distrust and discontentment. Many PRI supporters are currently backing the party due to inertia. This could change very rapidly as election day approaches.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies