Leave of Absence - Jan 13th - 19th
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:53:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Leave of Absence - Jan 13th - 19th
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Leave of Absence - Jan 13th - 19th  (Read 263 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 11, 2015, 03:17:34 AM »

I prefer shorter leaves but the variables are too great in this situation to be sure that by X day the interruption will be over.

The simple fact is that we are moving and therefore it is unavoidably going to be the case that there will be several days where access is not only limited but impossible. It had been my plan to ensure it worked out so that the move was completed and TWC had the internet up and running at the new house by Thursday. However, that time frame looks like less solid and it could be as late as the following Monday in the worst case scenario, which pushes it to a full week nearly.

Also the power is going to be cut at this house on Thursday so if the move is delayed further, there will be no access after Thursday until the move is fully completed and so forth. Also my work schedule throws a complication into the mix as well.

Fortunately, once this is over with, my work schedule has stabilized leaving more free time with the holidays passed, I have more or less recovered from the illness I have had since before Christmas and therefore post-move my activity should be higher than it has been since probably earlier December or November.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 03:26:26 AM »

I think its time to blow this scene, get everybody and your stuff together... Okay 3.2.1. Lets Jam!!!

I wish. I don't think anything over the next five days is going to involve jamming, save for jamming too much into too few days.

I had planned to have already started but the papers were just signed and the doors still have to be secured before stuff can be moved. We also have to somehow get the power on up there which will involve losing a day waiting for the people to show up and I have to work tomorrow. Which brings me to my point, I have to split for tonight.

I will try to get on again tomorrow night when I get home but in case those SOBs at Duke come on the day off to shut the power off here, it will be next week before I can get back on again. After tomorrow night, that most likely will be the case without a doubt.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:41:20 PM »

Okay, so I got lucky and was able to get back on today. Tongue However, this more then likely the absolutely, most certainly, without a doubt last time before Monday night.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 12:28:42 AM »

In hindsight I should have started the leave on the 18th and had it run through the 21st. But I expected to actually do the move a week sooner.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies