Are you surprised by the lack of ideology/support of opebo correlation?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:59:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you surprised by the lack of ideology/support of opebo correlation?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Are you surprised by the lack of ideology/support of opebo correlation?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Are you surprised by the lack of ideology/support of opebo correlation?  (Read 4471 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 06:59:34 PM »

You have to remember that a lot of the "leftists" on this forum are pearl-clutching prudes who think it should be illegal to discuss or have sex.
Perhaps because many of them are jealous, sexually frustrated curmudgeons who begrudge people who are able to attract sexual partners and have sex when they can't. Their thinking is "If I can't get laid, nobody should, and I'll report anyone who dares even talk about sexual degeneracy!"

In fact I think sexual frustration is at the heart of why certain posters (with Irish posters disproportionately represented for whatever reason) are prudish miserable curmudgeons who want to ban everybody and complain about everything.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 07:02:22 PM »

You have to remember that a lot of the "leftists" on this forum are pearl-clutching prudes who think it should be illegal to discuss or have sex.
Perhaps because many of them are jealous, sexually frustrated curmudgeons who begrudge people who are able to attract sexual partners and have sex when they can't. Their thinking is "If I can't get laid, nobody should, and I'll report anyone who dares even talk about sexual degeneracy!"

In fact I think sexual frustration is at the heart of why certain posters (with Irish posters disproportionately represented for whatever reason) are prudish miserable curmudgeons who want to ban everybody and complain about everything.

While I was against the opebo banning, this is definitely not this reason.
I think that what is currently divident the pro-opebo and the anti-opebo side, this is much more a question of what should or shouldn't be allowed on this forum, not sexual frustration to be honest.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 11:04:16 AM »

It's clearly rather the misogynist crowd which is sexually frustrated - hence the fantasies of exploiting vulnerable women and the glorification of someone who manages the amazing feat of paying for sex.

I think those of us who have sex regularly find it less impressive to buy a hooker than the permavirgins seem to do.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 01:49:47 AM »

It's clearly rather the misogynist crowd which is sexually frustrated - hence the fantasies of exploiting vulnerable women and the glorification of someone who manages the amazing feat of paying for sex.

I think those of us who have sex regularly find it less impressive to buy a hooker than the permavirgins seem to do.

I would tend to agree. The way that some around here furtively pursue any chance to talk about sex on the boards is characteristically virginal behavior. The degree to which they do not recognize that is rather humorous.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2015, 02:51:01 AM »

I bet I've had more (normal) sex than you.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 05:00:29 AM »

Oh yes, through I'm not against the existence of prostitution, I don't think it's something anything people should be proud of, and opebo was more or less the poster child for the worst kind of prostitution customer, and outside the worst kind of semi-objectivistic libertarian, he should be seen as spoiled, slimy, disgusting and sociopathic excuse for a human being.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 05:32:25 AM »

And the race is on...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 11:59:16 AM »

And the race is on...

We've already had a thread on this.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2015, 01:22:45 PM »

And the race is on...

It's really not about having a pissing match, at least for me. It's more about how a certain poster has a chronic habit of telling - no, lecturing - entire chunks of the forum about how much sex he has had, how regularly he must be having it, how fantastically positive he treats all of these remarkably lucky ladies before, during and after it and how positively normal his sex life is compared to the poor, poor deprived and/or deranged masses here at the Atlas Forum. Not only does this card get played whenever he "confronts" those with whom he disagrees on certain posters, but it also gets presented whenever - lo and behold - accusations of sexism manifest.

Unfortunately in the former situation, he fails to realize that supporters of certain posters never decided whether to like nor dislike a particular person they've never met based on their sexual escapades (likely because it was a red meat personal attack/talking point designed by his broader clique to flip the "swing voters", if you will), and unfortunately in the latter situation, he fails to realize that talking about how many women you bang, how often you do so and how great you treat them in a discussion about sexism makes one a sexist. Just who here is the object of convincing?

In short, I posted it not because I genuinely believe he is actually experiencing this and rubbing it other faces nor because I want to have the aforementioned pissing match, but rather, I posted it because I believe it is all nothing more than a steaming crock of bullsh!t.  
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2015, 02:14:09 PM »

Is that poster supposed to be Gustaf? What? When did he do that?
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2015, 03:13:05 PM »

And the race is on...

It's really not about having a pissing match, at least for me. It's more about how a certain poster has a chronic habit of telling - no, lecturing - entire chunks of the forum about how much sex he has had, how regularly he must be having it, how fantastically positive he treats all of these remarkably lucky ladies before, during and after it and how positively normal his sex life is compared to the poor, poor deprived and/or deranged masses here at the Atlas Forum. Not only does this card get played whenever he "confronts" those with whom he disagrees on certain posters, but it also gets presented whenever - lo and behold - accusations of sexism manifest.

Unfortunately in the former situation, he fails to realize that supporters of certain posters never decided whether to like nor dislike a particular person they've never met based on their sexual escapades (likely because it was a red meat personal attack/talking point designed by his broader clique to flip the "swing voters", if you will), and unfortunately in the latter situation, he fails to realize that talking about how many women you bang, how often you do so and how great you treat them in a discussion about sexism makes one a sexist. Just who here is the object of convincing?

In short, I posted it not because I genuinely believe he is actually experiencing this and rubbing it other faces nor because I want to have the aforementioned pissing match, but rather, I posted it because I believe it is all nothing more than a steaming crock of bullsh!t.  

You do realize that Gustaf does that in response to the people who crow about how "oh noes if you say anything vaguely feminist that means you must be a prude and a virgin!!!11!lol".  The point is not to brag, it's to point out a ludicrously strawmannish lie for what it is.  I'm sure that if the "anti-pruders" had a shred of intellectual honesty, he wouldn't feel the need to engage in that particular bit of rhetoric.

Turning the situation around as you do here is, pardon my French, the real steaming crock in this room.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2015, 09:07:32 AM »

And the race is on...

haha what. I think you need to chill a bit.

A lot of people here are pretty young and haven't had much sexual experience. They get fed a lot of sexist bs on here about how to treat women or how to get laid and so on. In those contexts I think it's important to point out that this isn't true, something I do from my own experience. So it matters to point out that one can get laid regularly without being a sexist a-hole.

The people who glorify prostitution also like to, for whatever reason, suggest that those who disagree with them do so because they don't get laid. Opebo was particularly fond of this virgin-shaming. I think it's quite important to point out that you can oppose rape, pedophilia, sexual harassment and so on, and STILL get laid.

Any normal person over 25 would know this, of course, but most posters on Atlas aren't in that category and may thus easily be misled.

Whether you choose to think that I make up stories of getting laid on an internet forum (lol) doesn't really bother me. I'm sure you may have had more sex than I have. Kudos to you, man!

Finally, the idea that being happy about getting laid a lot would be sexist is an actual rare example of prudish sexism. Tongue The women I sleep with are all consenting to a mutually enjoyable experience. There is nothing sexist about that nor is there in talking about it. Sure, if I were to say that I banged some dirty sluts or whatever THAT would be sexist. But since I don't I'm not sure what your point is.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2015, 10:49:44 AM »

Yeah, it is pretty pathetic.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2015, 12:13:29 PM »

Yeah, it is pretty pathetic.

It's amusing that I'm both this and a sex-hating prude at the same time. Quite the skill set I have. Cheesy

I think the characterization that I'm constantly lecturing or suggesting that people are deranged for not having sex and so on is extremely bizarre, ftr. It's fascinating how people can misinterpret posts, really.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2015, 03:09:01 PM »

While I don't think the average opebo fan is a virgin, I really think blaming Gustaf for answering their taunt of calling the decent people, who oppose a misogynistic asshole and sexual predator like opebo, for prudes and virgins back with the same coin, show that some people have a really low confidence.

Of course I don't have a problem with admitting I'm a prude (even through I support the legalisation of prostitution), but that have nothing with why I think opebo is both a terrible, but also a pathetic person. It was not like I or most of the adult people sharing that POV couldn't afford to go to Thailand and buy a lot of sex or even buying the sex closer to home, but I don't really find buying sex satisfying.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies