The Lion and the Rose: South
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:20:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Lion and the Rose: South
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Lion and the Rose: South  (Read 25429 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2015, 04:39:18 PM »

The South:

Overview:

Half of it burnt to the ground, half of it still intact, the South remains the place in which the destiny of Westeros is crafted, at least in appearance. While technically Houses Frey, Baelish, Lannister and Tyrell are united in their support for the Iron Throne, the truth is that each house has its own agenda to play. Furthermore, the Martells of Dorne and the Houses of the Vale have their strength virtually intact and could play a decisive role depending on whom they back. Finally, the Ironborn are about to choose their new King, a decision that could prove crucial in the outcome of the second stage of the War of the Five Kings.

Currently held by: Divided between independence movements, neutral houses and the Baratheon claimants.
Direct Players: Doran Martell, Walder Frey, Euron Greyjoy, Mace Tyrell, Tyrion Lannister, and Petyr Baelish.
Indirect Players: Stannis Baratheon, Joffrey Baratheon.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 08:45:12 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2015, 07:50:30 PM by Talleyrand »

The scream, cut through the air, seemingly into the very bones of the individuals gathered on the hill. AaaaRRREEEEeeeeeeeee it went, attracting all eyes within a mile's radius. A immense man, hairless and dark, stood where the ribs began with his arms adorned in rings of gold and jade and jet. He blew into  a glistening black horn taller than he was. As he grasped it with all his strength, its twisted bands of red gold and dark steel glimmered with the red glow of the ancient Valyrian glyphs to which the horn played host.

As other men covered their eyes, overcome by the sheer wail or pain and fury, Euron Crow's Eye only smiled as the men reached in their minds for their gods. For what did a man who had sailed the Smoking Sea and traversed the ruins of Ancient Valyria have to fear? Each one of them has a use. True, Aeron might prove to be a problem, but even he could not deny the might of Euron's power. As for Victarion, oaf he was, his strength in battle was undoubtable, and Euron had a certain task in mind for him... as he did for his niece, the last of his unlamented brother Balon's blood.

Euron's mongrel's cheeks were now totally puffed out, and so harsh were the twitches of his chest that the bird of prey tattooed upon it looked like it would rip free. The glyphs on the horn were white fire and the sound was truly endless. The longer it lasts, the greater my power over them. And then the man fell. Smoke wafted into thin air from the horn, and he coughed blood from his ravaged mouth. The eagle on his chest bled profusely too.  

The Crow's Eye walked slowly through the crowd, his smiling eye staring into every captain and self-professed king. He finally spoke, telling them of how he had exceeded every last one of his kraken ancestors in power, seen wonders and terrors beyond imagining. He then turned to the elder of his brothers and niece, mocking them for their ideas. One wants only a frozen wasteland, and the other wants surrender. Time seemed to have come to a standstill by the time he proclaimed his true intentions.

"We are the ironborn, and once we were conquerors. Our writ ran everywhere the sound of the waves was heard. My brother would have be content with the cold and dismal north, my niece with even less ... but I shall give you Lannisport. Highgarden. The Arbor. Oldtown. The riverlands and the Reach, the kingswood and the rainwood, Dorne and the marches, the Mountains of the Moon and the Vale of Arryn, Tarth and the Stepstones. I say we take it all! I say, we take Westeros."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 10:32:18 PM »

The Kraken's Daughter:

"-I say, we take Westeros! –

I say we take Westeros. Madness. We were crushed by the Greenlanders ten years ago, and yet he believes we can just walk through the streets of Kings Landing at our pleasure. But Asha was worried. Even she had felt the raw emotion contained in the words of the Crow’s Eye, and as she looked at the captains she knew they were actually listening to him, actually willing to raise that madman as the King. She had to say something.

-Crow’s Eye! Did you leave your wits in Asshai? Or did your precious warlocks melt your head? We cannot held the North, how are we supposed to win the whole of the Seven Kingdoms? –

It was a weak attempt, and she knew it. Mad as the Crow’s Eye was, it was obvious that he was serious enough about his desire.

-Why, it was been done before. – And the Crow’s Eye smile grew – Did Balon teach his little girl nothing about the ways of war? Victarion, our brother’s daughter has never heard of a man called Aegon the Conqueror, it would seem.-

Her uncle frowned as usual, then crossed his arms against his chest and stood there, confused.

-Aegon? What has the Conqueror have to do with us?-
-I know as much of war as you do, Crow’s Eye. Aegon Targaryen conquered Westeros with dragons.-
-And so shall we. That horn you heard I found amongst the smoking ruins that were Valyria, where no man has dared to walk but me. You heard its call, and felt its power. It is a dragon horn, bound with bands of red gold and Valyrian steel graven with enchantments. The dragonlords of old sounded such horns, before the Doom devoured them. With this horn, ironmen, I can bind dragons to my will.”

He is lying. He thinks he can win us over with his warlocks and his tales of the East, making us believe dragons still roam the place. Asha felt confident enough to laugh.

-A horn to bind goats would be of more use, Crow’s Eye. There are no more dragons!-
-Again, girl, you are wrong. There are three, and I know where to find them. Surely that is worth a driftwood crown.-

It can’t be. He has to be lying. I have to stop this madness.

-Euron! – Shouted some brave dumb bastard –
-Euron! Crow’s Eye Euron! – Shouted the second –
-Euron! Euron! Euron! –

Victarion was silent as a grave, Aeron looked petrified and utterly confused, and Asha knew the Kingsmoot was truly over. Had she lost to Victarion the Ironfleet would have sailed back North to an uncertain battle that would likely lose in the end. But I lost, and now the Ironborn will leave their islands to chase dragons across the bloody Sunset Sea.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 08:06:01 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 08:10:36 PM by Dr. Cynic, GM »

Tyrion

Tyrion did not intend to stay long in the Capital now. He didn't want to give his unpredictable nephew a chance to change his mind. He was packed quickly, removing half of the Lannister guards in the capital, but leaving half behind as a show of loyalty and for his uncle Kevan's protection.

"It was a mistake to do that, y'know," Bronn told him. Suppose the little c**t had you killed right there?"

"Yes, I know," Tyrion said. "Maybe it was rash, but I need a new look at the board and the pieces..."

"Lord Tyrion," One of the guards exclaimed, running up in a huff, "The Red Viper's been arrested for the murder of your lord father and sister!"

Tyrion exchanged a look with Bronn. Would that make Sansa safe? He had made arrangements for her after Joffrey's accusation. Was that simply a way to get him to quit the Small Council? Tyrion decided that the King was nowhere near that clever. Besides, he was looking for an excuse to quit and this provided him with one. Going home to the Rock freed him to plan his next moves. With Joffrey able to rule on his own and with a blubbering oaf as his Hand, his prospects were not good in King's Landing. But at Casterly Rock, he could set up his pieces correctly.

Tyrion came to a sudden realization: SHAE! How could he have forgotten her? After all, she was the one who professed her love for him as her Giant of Lannister. It can't be helped... He knew she didn't really love him, but all the same he felt obliged to warn her to go. He had a message delivered to Varys to warn her off.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 08:35:16 PM »

Mace

As Lord Mace arrived to supper, he thought back to the events of the day. He was finally Hand of the King, and a great King at that, and his House was now one of the most powerful in the Realm. Margery was the Queen, and his son was soon to be wed, uniting the four greatest houses of the Reach.

I see mother is already here,
he thought to himself, smiling as much to her as to the food as he sat down at the table.

"We've finally found Tywin's killer Mother, it appears it was the Red Viper all along!" he said excitedly.

Olenna only rolled her eyes, "I knew that sand demon was up to no good, especially after he injured our poor Willas." she changed the subject before he could continue "What of the gossip I'm hearing, did Tyrion quit?"

"Well, um, yes. He stormed out of the Council chambers in front of the King! I was thoroughly disappointment in his conduct. What do you think about all of this?"

"I think you have alot of work to do Mace, and you best get to it!" she said harshly. "Tyrion was the only person who the King absolutely hated, and I suspect the feeling was rather mutual.  With him fleeing I'm worried he may attempt something. He's a clever man you know."

"Erm, yes mother."

"Don't "yes mother" me. I always knew I should've taken the rod to you as a child, a pity you were highborn. The Imp leaving may serve us yet, he leaves Ser Kevan as the sole Lannister of Casterly Rock in the Capitol, if we could somehow use our alliance with the Crown to advance ourselves further, now's the time. We are in Joffrey's good graces and these rumours from the East about Aegon Targaryen are peculiar."

They spent the rest of the meal discussing the plans of House Tyrell, though Olenna did most of the speaking and Mace the eating.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 10:39:39 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2015, 11:41:24 AM by Senator Cranberry »

"Your orders have been executed, my Prince." The guardsman stood in the door, his axe on his side, his typical suspicious expression in his face. "Very well, Captain. Both of them are secured?" "They are, my Prince. The knight was not so happy about the procedures, he injured two guards; but the girl kept calm." "This is good. Thank you, you can leave now." "I live to serve my Prince", said Hotah, turning around and stepping out of the room.

This is not good at all. Doran could not imagine what must have been going on in the Capital, but one thing was clear. Someone wants Dorne, House Martell, me, ill. And they hit where they knew it would damage me the most. I should not have let anyone go up there in the first place. I should have known it was too dangerous. And now, for his stupidity, Oberyn should pay.

He began to tremble when thinking of his brother, he would have cried if all those tears had not left his body long ago. All my tears for my sister, and none left for my brother. The one taken by the first, the other by the other Lannister. As a wise maester once said - "History repeats itsself"... We have experienced this so often on our own body...
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 03:56:25 PM »

Victarion walked the bridge from the Great Keep to the Sea Tower unsteadily. Though the bridge shook and rushes of water beat at his feet as the sea struck the cliffs of Pyke, he had no fear. His faith in the Drowned God sustained him. By the time he reached the entrance to the tower and the guards moved for him to pass, he took a deep breath, struggling to control his anger. He remembered the moans of his wife as he had beaten her... her pleading was lodged deep into his nightmares. But now Euron, much as he might rage against it within the recesses of his brain, was Iron King, chosen at the Kingsmoot the Damphair had called.

Euron was drinking from a silver cup, adorned in a rich black cloak and his red leather eye patch, staring from the large window that lay in the solar. Sitting across from him was Asha, a look of worry mixed with incredulation upon her face. The Damphair was nowhere to be seen; since Euron had spoken to him privately in the morning, he had departed entirely from the island fortress.

"My brother," Euron began, with a hint of amusement in his voice "I have an order to command of you."

Victarion listened to what his brother had to say, offering weak protests while Asha made biting remarks, but nothing could dissuade the madman. Yet the reward of what he promised was too great to pass up, and although the risks were great, he dare not face the wrath of his brother, at least yet.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 11:36:57 PM »

Jaime:

-Get on with it, I don’t have the entire bloody day! – Shouted Tarly as his men were slow in taking the captives out –

Admirable man. Or so Jaime thought. Humorless, dry and as pleasing as his father on a bad day, but admirable all the same. The past weeks riding with Randyll Tarly and the Reach bannermen had been quite enjoyable for Jaime, as they had allowed him to forget about his father, his sister and his… No, not my son. The King. To his merit the Tyrell oaf had actually decided to do something, and half the Reach army was now garrisoning the Riverlands and trying to rebuild what the Lannisters had destroyed. Every day the outlaws hanged from the tries, the thieves lost their fingers and at times their hands, and little by little the Riverlanders started to respect Tarly to a certain point. It was pretty telling that Lord Blackwood had treated with Lord Tarly with little hostility, all while giving me a look of hate and the gods know what else. You’d think I had just burned down his castle and hanged his wife. But Tarly had taken Harrenhal and allowed Jaime to handle Vargo Hoat and his men, he had secured the peace with the Blackwoods – temporarily, at least – and after lengthy negotiations, daily boasts between Tarly and the Blackfish and Jaime slapping Freys around with his golden hand, Riverrun had surrendered.

He had been sidelined by the Reach quite a few times, but Edmure gave up after Jaime had the Rains of Castamere played to him for a couple of days. And by a horrible singer, to be precise. He did not know how the Blackfish had finally accepted to surrender the castle, until he realized he had not given up his cause. The man was nowhere to be found, and Jaime searched the castle up and down with the guards while ignoring the complaints of the weasels running the castle and the scheming whore of Lady Westerling demanding her new family marriages. Oh, gods, this is just great. Of all the men who could be on the run, it had to be the Blackfish. Edmure would have been one thing, Lady Jeyne would have been but a minor complication... but the Blackfish is actually worth something. Finally he had no option but to seek Tarly and Edmure and confront the former Riverlord.

-Losing my patience here, my lord. Where is he? –
-I do not know. – But Edmure certainly looked pleased with himself –
-Do not provoke me, Ser. You might not find the oubliettes of Casterly Rock too enjoyable.- 
-Oh, but I am not going to Casterly Rock.-
-I didn’t know fishes could fly, my lord.-
-He’ll be taken to Highgarden, Ser Jaime. – Lord Tarly was visibly bored – Orders of the hand.-
-Highgarden? –
-Safest place for him to be, especially when your brother’s situation is so delicate.-

He could have snarked, he could have complained, he could have tried to hit the Reachlord… and he did nothing. Jaime tried his best not to think of Tyrion, but he knew too well the situation was complicated. If things kept going like this, he would find himself on a rather drastic conflict for the second time in his life. Despite his best attempts, Edmure would not budge nor would he reveal the destination of the Blackfish, which led to Jaime having no options but to drop the matter and charge several cavalry groups with finding the fugitive. Tarly, who had said not a word, ordered Edmure to be taken into custody and then started his job, evident as it was that the Freys wouldn’t be of any use.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 09:01:44 AM »

Doran Martell:

The fire gave them warmth in the cold desert night. Doran was alerted, he heard the crackling of sparks and logs, he saw the warm red and yellow of the pyre. Red and yellow. The colours of the sun. The colours of my own House.

Many had gathered around, from Sunspear and the villages along the coast, and all lords that lived nearer than a day's ride, at the banks of the Greenbold river. It was an old Rhoynar custom, to burn the dead on pyres right next to Mother Rhoyne; and House Martell had taken over those customs as good as they could. Not Mother Rhoyne is flowing by, but this is not the only thing that is mere facade tonight. There is no dead on this pyre, and yet, still, so many have come together. For Oberyn.

The warmth of the fire, combined with the pain and grief that had gripped him ever since the first news from King's Landing had come, made Doran forget the pain in his knuckles. It has made me mute. What is a pain of the body to the pain of the soul? It's just the same over again, same as with Elia. But this time, I have no brother to suffer with me. I am the only one left.

"I thank you all that you have come here." Doran knew he had to speak to the crowd, and so he stood up, one arm on the captain's big shoulder. And he knew, he would not only speak to them alone. He would speak to Dorne, yes the whole of Westeros. "My brother was a great man, and he was well loved. As such, this mere pyre here is not enough to honour him. Such is not my intention. For Oberyn, and for his lady, and for Elia - for all Dornishmen that have died in King's Landing - we shall build up a great pyre, a fire that shall be big enough for all of Westeros to see!"
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 06:40:17 PM »

A Raven to Prince Doran Martell

"My Dear Nuncle,

Word has reached my ears that your brother, my Nuncle Oberyn, has been slain by the Mountain That Rides - just as my mother and my sister were nearly seven-and-ten years ago. He also believed that he had killed mineself but the Gods have stolen from him that joy.

I truly feel your pain and wish to convey the condolences of House Targaryen to House Martell, The Sand Snakes, and all of Dorne. It is my wish for you to convey my regret upon his passing - at the hand of the greatest traitor the Seven Kingdoms have ever known - to your people. Assure them that the Red Viper did not die in vain, that his glory shall be praised, and his honor restored.

With my heartfelt sorrows,
Aegon Targaryen, Sixth of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm."
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 12:25:14 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2015, 08:41:04 PM by DKrol, The Prince That Was Promised »

A Raven to all  the Lords of the Sevens Kingdoms, Great Houses and Landed Knights Alike

"Most Noble Lords and Ladies,

For 283 years my ancestors ruled the Seven Kingdoms. Aegon the Conqueror, Jaehaerys the Wise, Baelor the Blessed, Daeron the Good. My father, Prince Rhaegar, was beloved by the Seven Kingdoms - small folk and high born alike. The Targaryens ruled justly and with honor and the Seven Kingdoms flourished under their rule. The Seven Kingdoms were united and the King’s Peace stretched from the Wall, to Winterfell, to the Twins, to King’s Landing, to Horn Hill, to Sunspear. In the absence of the Targaryens the Seven Kingdoms are at war - crops are being trampled, fields salted, woman raped and murder. The Targaryens kept the Ironborn in Pyke and forced the Kingswood Brotherhood into submission. It is time for the Dragons to return home.

Some seven-and-ten years ago, an upstart Lord grew jealous of the people’s love for my father. Robert Baratheon - the Usurper, the Whoremonger - was a violent glutton. He slew my father, killed the hope and love of the Seven Kingdoms, and took the Iron Throne to fulfill his own desires. His swords stormed the Red Keep and brutally murdered my mother and my sister in cold blood. A mother and a babe of three years were raped and slaughtered at the hand of the Stag. I was secreted away by those who remained loyal to House Targaryen and raised by Lord Jon Connington in the Free Cities.

Now, a boy sits on the Iron Throne. A boy so violent and terrible his own Kingsguard fears him. A boy so terrible he has his own brother beaten by once honorable knights. A boy so arrogant he presumes the small folk should worship himself rather than the Seven. This boy should be in the yard of a castle, squiring for a knight and learning to use a sword. The Iron Throne is made for a man grown.

The King in the Iron Throne must be powerful, yet kind. He must be firm, yet caring. He must be a man grown and blooded, yet young at heart and slow to anger. He must be of high birth, yet knowledgeable to the struggles of the small folk. He must be a Targaryen, yet a friend to all Houses. For those who doubt my blood, I say only look at mine face. I am Targaryen through and through. Lord Connington tells me I am the image of Prince Rhaegar.

I urge you to follow the path of Lord Selwyn Tarth, Lord Elwood Meadows, and the noble knights and Lords of the Golden Company of Volantis and bend the knee. I swear before the Seven that any Lord or knight who kneels before me shall be received into the King’s Peace. Those who bend the knee will be allowed to keep their lands and titles, while those who opposed me shall fall under the might of the dragon. Bend the knee for the good of the Seven Kingdoms. Bend the knee for the honor of the Iron Throne. Bend the knee for Rhaegar, Elia, and Rhaenys.

With hope,
Aegon Targaryen, Sixth of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm."
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 08:01:21 PM »

All of his force was around him - sellswords, Lords, knights, and sworn swords.  Aegon sat on a crudely constructed stone throne in the great hall of Storm's End, a weak substitute for the Iron Throne. It will do for the time being. Not too long though. Aegon signaled to Ser Rolly Duckfield, who then banged his spear's butt on the ground several times to establish quiet. Now all eyes were on their King, wearing red armor that was reminiscent of the armor Prince Rhaegar had worn on the Trident.

"Lords! Knights! Sworn Swords!" Ser Rolly shouted across the hall. "We have captured Tarth, and Griffin's Roost, and Storm's End. But those few castles are not why we sailed the Narrow Sea. We sailed the Narrow Sea to return House Targaryen to the Iron Throne! We sailed the Narrow Sea to sit Aegon Targaryen, Sixth of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm on the Iron Throne!" The hall erupted in cheers and the clatter of swords and spears on the floor.

A servant brought a small wooden box to Ser Rolly, who carried it up to Aegon and kneeled before him, presenting the box. Aegon reach forward, opened the box, and removed the crown within - jagged, in the style of the Iron Throne, and made of copper, to represent the fire of House Targaryen - placing on his head. This set the crowd into a frenzy that took Ser Rolly several minutes to restore order. It takes more than a crown to make a king. Aegon stood and silence swept over the hall.

"There are several offices a king is obligated to fulfill." Aegon said "One of them are the seven knights of a Kingsguard. Ser Franklyn Flowers! Come forward to your king." Ser Flowers came forward and kneeled in front of Aegon, who drew a sword from his ruby red sheath. Flowers recited the Kingsguard oath as Aegon lightly touched the sword to each of Flowers' shoulders. "Rise, Ser Franklyn Fossoway, knight of the Kingsguard of Aegon Targaryen. I hereby remove the stain of bastardy from your name, and legitimize you as Franklyn of the House Fossoway of Cider Hall." Aegon draped a white cloak over Fossoway's shoulders and handed him a white shield. "This is the first knight of my Kingsguard. Soon, he shall be joined by six of the best knights the Seven Kingdoms have ever known!" Assuming there are any knights left when I get to King's Landing.

"Jon Connington, come forward to your king." Aegon said as Ser Franklyn moved to the side. Connington knelt before the King. You may hate me for this, but it is what must be done for the good of the Seven Kingdoms. "Jon of House Connington, I hereby restore you as Lord of Griffin's Roost, your ancestral home." Connington staid kneeling for several moments, expecting more. "You may rise." Aegon said. Lord Connington moved back to the rear of the hall where he had been standing before, with the troops he had been given command over.

"It is also my will that Lord Selwyn Tarth be appointed Master of Ships and the Commander of the King's Navy!" The hall cheered once more as Lord Tarth stood and acknowledged his position. Once order was restored, Aegon yelled "And now, to King's Landing!"
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 03:09:52 PM »

"It shall be known in all of Westeros that Dorne and the House Martell have supported the one true King in Westeros, Aegon VI of the blood of King Aerys, Prince Rhaegar, Princess Elia and all that line up until Aegon the Conqueror. Prince Quentyn of the House Martell has reached Storm's End, and he shall officially and ceremonally bend the knee, in the name of House Martell and all of Dorne."

A Proclamation by Prince Doran Martell
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 05:18:54 PM »

A Proclamation from King Aegon

"It is my good and true will that the Court of the Seven Kingdoms be held in Storm's End from this point forth. I welcome all Lords and Knights to come to Storm's End to bend the knee and pledge their swords to me there. I also invite any and all survivors of the tragic burning of King's Landing to make their way down the King's Road to Storm's End, to begin anew and rebuild a new capital for this new chapter of the Targaryen Dynasty.

Further, with the Seven as my witness, I appoint Prince Doran of House Nymeros Martell of Sunspear as the Hand of the King. He is mine Nuncle and one of the Lords who were paramount to my successful return to Westeros. He shall give wise counsel to mineself and the rest of my Small Council.

Further, with the Seven as my witness, I name Areo Hotah - Captain of the Guards of Sunspear - a Knight of Westeros and raise him to my Kingsguard. He has kept the people of Sunspear safe for years and I trust him with my life.

Further, with the Seven as my witness, I appoint Lord Varys as Master of Whisperers - a post he held under mine grandfather for several years. He too was paramount to my joyous return to Westeros.

Further, with the Seven as my witness, I appoint Ser Rolly Duckfield as the Commander of the City Watch. He protected me in my travels through the Free Cities and will, I trust, help keep order in Storm's End and assist in the establishment of a new capital.

This is my will,
Aegon Targaryen, Sixth of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm"

Small Council of Aegon IV Targaryen (As of Mid 300)
Kingsguard:
1 - Ser Franklyn Fossoway
2 - Ser Areo Hotah
3 - Vacant
4 - Vacant
5 - Vacant
6 - Vacant
Lord Commander - Vacant

Small Council:
Hand: Prince Doran Martell
Lord Commander: Vacant
Master of Coin: Vacant
Master of Laws: Vacant
Master of Whisperers: Lord Varys
Master of Ships: Lord Selwyn Tarth
Grand Maester: Vacant

Commander of the City Watch: Ser Rolly Duckfield
Small Council Advisors: None

Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 06:05:50 PM »

To the Lords of Westeros and People of the Crownlands

Just as vassals are obliged to obey their rightful King, it is the King's sacred duty to protect and provide for his subjects. Regrettably, I was unable to protect King's Landing from an insane usurper before, but I will do what I can now. The Royal Fleet has been dispatched on a mission of salvation to the ruins of King's Landing. Refugees from the Mad Usurper will be taken to Dragonstone where they will be fed and sheltered through the winter in the name of Stannis Baratheon, true King of Westeros. While pretenders have plotted and fought amongst themselves only I have fulfilled the duties of a King at the Wall, against the Ironborn and at King's Landing.

I call upon the lords of the Vale, Riverlands, Reach and Crownlands to aid me, the King who helps his subjects, in my mission to save the victims of this vicious massacre. The "Targaryen" pretender sits in his stolen castle, dreaming up fanciful plans for a new capital while the refugees suffer from the oncoming winter. Westeros burned under the man who this child claims as his father as it burned under the Young Usurper; it is time for peace and order to return and it will not do so under yet another inexperienced and illegitimate child king. I am the true King of Westeros, and the true King rules from King's Landing; as it was taken in fire so too will it be reborn, better and more vibrant than ever.

So Says the King,
Stannis Baratheon, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 06:35:28 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2015, 06:37:08 PM by DKrol, The Prince That Was Promised »

A Raven to all  the Lords of the Sevens Kingdoms, Great Houses and Landed Knights Alike
Two Ravens to the following Lords: Tyrion Lannister of Casterly Rock, Edwyn Frey of the Twins, Mariya Darry of Darry, Tytos Blackwood of Raventree Hall, Jason Mallister of Seagard, Roose Bolton of the Dreadfort, and Yohn Royce of Runestone

"Most Noble Lords and Ladies,

Stannis Baratheon wishes to claim to be the true Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. I ask him, where is his army? Where are his holdings? Where are his leal lords? Why is he freezing on the Wall - a place for criminals and outlaws?

I have an army, growing by the day, of trained soldiers, knights, and Lords. Stannis Baratheon has a ragtag band of tribal savages.

I have a strong castle at my command. Stannis Baratheon must encroach upon the hospitality of the Night's Watch for a place to sit, sleep, and eat.

I have several Lords who have taken the knee - great men like Selwyn Tarth, Elwood Meadows, Jon Connington, and Doran Martell. Stannis Baratheon has a bastard son of Eddard Stark in Winterfell.

I am in Storm's End, only a day's march from the ruins of King's Landing, and the center of Westeros. Stannis Baratheon is many weeks from the Twins, and a moon's turn from King's Landing.

I am building a new capital for the small folk near Storm's End. Stannis Baratheon wishes to spirit the small folk away to Dragonstone - a dreary little island that was once the seat of my House.

I hold the Seven dear to me and pray as hard as Baelor the Blessed, my ancestor. Stannis Baratheon is a heretic, sending his praise to a fire demon from Asshai.

Stannis Baratheon claims that King's Landing burned under my father. My father, the beloved Prince Rhaegar, was robbed of the right to sit the Iron Throne because of the Usurper. My grandfather, King Aerys II, was murdered by his Kingsguard after years of betrayal and deceit. The only time that King's Landing burned was under the Baratheon Usurpers.

Stannis Baratheon is another Baratheon Usurper.

With hope,
Aegon Targaryen, Sixth of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm."
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 10:10:49 AM »

It shall be known that my son, Prince Quentyn Martell, and Lord Anders Yronwood as his warden, shall hold the seat of the Hand of the King bestowed upon me until I shall have reached the Capital at Storm's End.

It shall be known that Dorne shall help the poor people of the burned city of King's Landing, sending wood and grain to them so that they are warm and full while they build their new city at our new capital in Storm's End. I implore the good lords of Westeros to do the same, for the sake of this poor lot that has suffered so much under the Ursuper's boy.

Be it proclaimed

Prince Doran Martell, Prince of Dorne and Hand of the King
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 02:14:28 PM »

(Sorry for posting yet another post, but that doesn't get along with the others)

To my biggest joy, as Prince of Dorne, but more so as a father, it is my honour to announce that my daughter Arianne Nymeria Martell will be marrying King Aegon, the Sixth of his Name, of House Targaryen. The ceremony shall take place at our nation's new capital, in Storm's End.

Starting with the date of the marriage, Princess Arianne, the rightful heir to Sunspear and Crown Princess of Dorne, will forfeit any claims on titles and lands by heritage in Dorne, and her brother, Prince Quentyn, shall be installed as the new Crown Prince of Dorne and heir to Sunspear.

Be it proclaimed

Prince Doran Martell, Prince of Dorne and Hand of the King
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2015, 10:52:24 PM by DKrol, The Prince That Was Promised »

"It is my good and true will, with the Seven as my witness, that Ser Garth Hightower, second son of Lord Leyton Hightower of Oldtown, be raised to the Kingsguard.

Further, with the Seven as my witness, a Royal Corps of Builders shall be established and charged with the creation and maintenance of lands and buildings held by the crown. A new position on the Small Council - Master of the Builders - shall be established to oversee the Builders.

Further, with the Seven as my witness, Lord Titus Peake shall serve as the first Master of the Builders.

This is my will,
Aegon Targaryen, Sixth of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm"

Small Council of Aegon IV Targaryen (As of Late 300)
Kingsguard:
2 - Ser Areo Hotah
3 - Ser Garth Hightower
4 - Vacant
5 - Vacant
6 - Vacant
Lord Commander - Vacant

Small Council:
Master of the Builders: Lord Titus Peake

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 06:29:31 PM »

It was House Tyrell who fought against the Usurper in his Rebellion several years ago, with my father and Lord Tarly commanding the forces of the Reach against those who sought to tarnish the power of the Crown. My father maintained his loyalty to House Targaryen long after the war horns fell silent, and it was he who organized the coup in King's Landing in order to restore our rightful King to the throne. Though he, and most of my immediate family, perished I was aware of his intent to remove the Lannister bastard from the throne as was King Aegon. This is why I now publicly declare House Tyrell's loyalty to King Aegon the Sixth, long may he reign.

House Targaryen will continue to have a true friend in House Tyrell, for we have not forgotten their kind actions to us in the past. United once more, the Reach will join him in crushing the rebels and restoring order to the Seven Kingdoms.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 07:37:20 PM »

Aegon stepped out onto the balcony off his solar and stared off, down at the small folk milling about and setting up temporary housing and tents. Ser Aero Hotah and Ser Garth Hightower stood behind Aegon, at the door of the solar. Good knights, those two are. But not a full Kingsguard. He now had three knights in his Kingsguard and several of the positions were promised to the sons of noble Lords, but one position was vacant - the Lord Commander. Time will forge the Lord Commander. He who serves me truly, faithfully, and honestly will be the obvious choice. A maester entered the solar and scurried up to King Aegon, a parchment in hand. He handed it to the King and stepped aside.

"Sers, it appears your job has become easier." Aegon said to his knights. "House Tyrell has bent the knee!" A smile stretched from ear to ear on Aegon, for just a moment. I'm a king, not a boy. I must act like it. "Maester, write back to Lord Tyrell and thank him for his continued service to House Targaryen." The maester bowed and left, as quickly and quietly as he had arrived. Aegon took one look over the balcony, catching the eye of a young girl running around in the yard. He smiled at her before turning inside. Aegon placed his copper crown on his head and clasped his sword-belt about his waist before signaling for Ser Areo to lead the way.

The three processed into the great hall of Storm's End, where King Aegon has established his court. The rough stone throne of before had been replaced since he last held court, instead a simple ebony throne sat on the dias, with iron dragon heads for the armrests and a red cushion on the seat. Not the Iron Throne, but it is what I have. Aegon sat as Ser Rolly Duckfield banged his spear and established order - several lords and knights had made the travel to Storm's End to bend the knee before Aegon.

Before the procession of lords could begin, Aegon had a decree. "Lords, Ladies, knights. One of the many facets of kingship is the dispensing of justice. Edmure Tully had his titles stripped from him by Jaime Lannister -" He was interrupted by shouts and jeers are the mention of the Kingslayer. It's good to know they still resent him for killing my grandfather. "Under orders from the Usurper's boy-king Joffrey. He escaped death due to the kindness of Lord Mace Tyrell, may the Seven keep him, and is living in Highgarden as a criminal. It is my will that Edmure Tully be pardoned of any crimes against the Throne and that all titles and holdings stripped from him be restored." The room erupted in cheers, although Aegon wasn't sure if they were cheering for Edmure or against Lannister.

Aegon sat back down on his throne and the first Lord approach to bend the knee and declare his swords and banners for House Targaryen and King Aegon. The line today is longer than yesterday, and then was longer than the day before.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, 05:07:49 PM »

"It is my good and true will, with the Seven as my witness, that Ser Arys Oakheart, youngest son of Lady Arwyn Oakheart of Old Oak, be pardoned of any and all crimes against the King and, further, be welcomed back into the noble brotherhood of the Kingsguard - following his repentance to the Seven.

This is my will,

Kingsguard:
2 - Ser Areo Hotah
3 - Ser Garth Hightower
4 - Ser Arys Oakheart
5 - Vacant
6 - Vacant
Lord Commander - Vacant

Small Council:
Master of the Builders: Lord Titus Peake

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 12:48:57 AM »

Arianne:

It was hard to believe she was the Queen now. All those years of waiting, of suffering as she was certain that Quentyn was to be made the Prince had come to an abrupt end when her father had finally told her about the compromise, along with his goal to see the Targaryens back on their rightful throne. They couldn't be fully certain of Aegon being real due to the reputation of the Spider, but with Daenerys half across the world and a real chance at the Throne, House Martell had readapted quickly. As a result she stood in the hall of Storm's End about to be married and become the consort to the future King just as her father was made Hand of the King and Arys was forgiven. She could have never guessed that things could turn out this way, and yet they had. She was the Queen.

-Let the wedding begin! - Aegon announced, his fist in the air as he entered the room with Ser Franklyn and Ser Arys guarding him -

Both took their place and the septon of Storm's End started to perform the ceremony. She would have preferred to have one in King's Landing, at the Sept of Baelor, yet the stupidity of the Tyrells and that Baratheon bastard had turned the grand city into pure ashes. She would never forget nor she would forgive what had happened to Oberyn and Ellaria, and she could only hope that Joffrey Baratheon was suffering an eternal and horrible fate. If the gods were just, he would never be forgiven for what he had done. Compared to him Aegon was indeed most promising, if a little prone to his hot temper at times. He was younger than her in more ways than one, but to her it seemed like the stories of Daeron the Young Dragon were alive once again. After all, most of the Houses of the Reach and Dorne and several others were there, cheering for her King.

And soon more would follow. She could only hope that Lord Connington was to triumph at the Vale, for they were the remaining force to be watched. The Lannisters were on the run, the Greyjoys bled and the frozen North in ruins, leaving the Knights of the Vale as the only ones to be able to fight them back. The Seven Kingdoms would be one once again, and House Martell would be forever linked to the crown. As both smiled once the Septon performed the ceremony, Arianne knew that she would miss Dorne, just as she would love to be what Margaery Tyrell had failed to be. Lords, knights and captains bent their knees as the whole hall erupted in a massive applause, and then the celebrations began.

-You don't know how proud I am, Arianne. - Her father said -
-Congratulations, sister! - Said Trystane as she hugged her -
-Your Grace. - Ser Arys and Ser Franklyn saluted, Ser Arys blushing while probably hoping nobody would ever know about their relationship -
-May you give many sons to the King, your grace! - Lord Tarth saluted -
-And now, to the least! - Said Aegon as he led the way -

She would not falter, she would not fail. She was Arianne Nymeros Martell, the daughter of the Prince of Dorne and the sole Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 12:45:02 AM »

Yohn Royce

The cold mists of late autumn drifted high among the ramparts of Runestone as the sun rose over sea and stone in the east. Bronze Yohn Royce, they called him. In this time of war, it comforted him to remember the origin of the name. His lord father was loath to part with the bronze armor of their house, even for a tourney. So at the tourney of the Eyrie, held on the green fields of the Vale at the foot of the Arryn's castle, he had worn brushed brass punched with the runes of his family's armor. The crowd had gasped when he entered the first tilt clad in the gleaming armor. No lance chanced to touch him that day; and a good thing, for it could easily have ruined the illusion of the cheap armor he wore.

It was a bit of insolence. He knew his lord father would be perturbed to have his heir riding in cheap brass. But there was pride in his folly: he was a Royce, and heir to Runestone, and loath to enter a tourney in the common unmarked armor of other houses. The disguise was never uncovered, though. Yohn fell nobly to Ser Lyonel Corbray in the final tilt. He made sure the lance hit his shield, and henceforth had been known as Bronze Yohn Royce.

For a year and two moon turns, Lord Royce had dreamt of a new kingdom independent of the Iron Throne. Ruled by Robb Stark, comprising the North, the Vale, and the Riverlands. Perhaps evan the Westerland lands that Stark had conquered. But that dream was dead, as dead as the King in the North. Yohn slid his feet into boots of supple leather and made way to his solar.

The breakfast was laid out in the high-arched solar, and when he entered Lord Grafton was already seated. "Try the sausage, it's both spicy and sweet and delicious all the same," the lord of Gulltown said as he took his seat at the table.

Gulltown. The largest city in the Vale, major port and source of income, and held by the least pliable house. When Jon Arryn had called the banners, House Grafton held alliance with the Mad King. Yohn himself had been given command of the siege units when they stormed the walls of the city. He'd always told his sons with pride how it was his command that destroyed the portcullis, allowing Lord Arryn and his men on horse to storm the streets while Robert Baratheon cut down every man to come upon his path on the city walls. And now they seem like to oppose another Baratheon.

"'It is my hope that you look favorably upon the continuation of the Targaryen dynasty,'" Lord Grafton read from the opened letter on the table. "My lord, is there a purpose for placing this letter atop the pile?" It was from the raven sent from Storm's End, signed and sealed by the boy king who claimed to be the son of Rhaegar Targaryen.

"You yourself have counseled that we declare for Daenerys Targaryen. She is halfway across the world, and the Greyjoy fleet is on the other side of Westeros. But there is a Targaryen now in our back yard-or so he'd have us believe. So I'll have your reasoning: why one dragon and not another?"

The lord sipped his squeezed apple juice noisily at that. His ego was as large as Gulltown's food stores. Better to stroke it, and let him think I value his opinion, Yohn thought. After a pause Lord Grafton said, "this young man claims to be Aegon Targaryen, very well. What proof can he show us? Can he raise Summerhall from its ashes and hatch the dragon eggs that are said to be buried in the ruins? I hosted the commander of Cinnamon Wind in mine own hall. Summer Islanders, one of the richest merchants from the islands. He himself beheld Daenerys and her dragons in Qarth. And now she has conquered Slaver's Bay, and it is said her dragons grow greater by the day. You heard how she sacked Astapor, did you not?"

"I did." The Cinnamon Wind had quietly made port at Runestone as well, after departing Gulltown. Yohn had dispatched his son to find the captain before he left the port city, and bid him sail around the peninsula and be hosted by one of the oldest houses in the Seven Kingdoms. It was said Daenerys Targaryen had taught her dragons to breathe fire on command. The one described as black-and-red had burned and eaten the very Slave Master that held a chain about its neck. "The dragons are still across the world, while Stannis Baratheon himself will soon arrive in your city. Would you have us lower ourselves to the level of the Freys and murder him after he's made port?"

Lord Grafton flushed. "Of course not."

"So I say again, why one dragon and not the other?"

Yohn noticed the lord's jaw clench. "She has dragons."

That was true enough. One could not doubt or disprove Daenerys' claim, and if she really did get herself to Westeros her dragons were like to be primed for true battle. The Arryns of the Vale had bent the knee without a drop of blood being shed in Aegon's Conquest. Queen Regent Sharra Arryn had made the Kingdom of the Vale impossible to conquer by land: the garrisons of Stone, Snow, and Sky tower were tripled and a strong host held the Bloody Gate. Gulltown as well had been given additional aid and defenses. But Visenya Targaryen simply mounted her dragon Vhagar and landed it in the Eyrie's inner courtyard. Queen Regent Sharra had rushed with her guards to find her young son sitting on Visenya's knee, looking up in awe at the great dragon.

"Mother, can I go flying with the lady?" the boy king had asked. No threats were spoken, no angry words exchanged. The two queens smiled at one another and exchanged courtesies instead. Lady Sharra sent for the three crowns (her own regents coronet, her son's small crown and the Falcon Crown that had been worn by Arryn kings for a thousand years), and surrendered them to Queen Visenya, along with the swords of her garrison. It is said the little lord flew thrice around the Giant's Lance afterward.

Step one. "We had a raven from the Gates of the Moon," he said casually. "Young Gyles writes that he is eager to spend winter continuing to bond with Lord Robert. Mine own brother, Lord of Moon Gate, has promised that by spring both will be ready for knighthood. Unfortunately they also write that they lack the resources to grant Gyles safe travel to Gulltown, not that the boy wished to return. My brother tells me the boy sees this winter as his coming-of-age. He intends to leave the Moon Gate on the first day of spring a man grown. They also said they would be happy to host you under their roof should you like to visit your son." Demanding a ward (or, captive-in-all-but-name) from House Grafton had been one of many clever moves Peter Baelish had made before being deposed. Yohn was not going to give up that trump card unless he absolutely had to.

Lord Grafton flushed, and a bit of apple juice spilled from the side of his mouth onto his doublet. "I will write to Gyles when I return home. It is good to know he and our Lord Robert are becoming fast friends." It was said with a much icier courtesy than there had been minutes before.

Baelish's cleverness also helped Yohn keep the loyalty of House Lynderly in hand (though they were much more like to be of a similar mind as the Royces, it was good insurance all the same). Lord Jon Lynderly's son Terrance was at the Gates of the Moon as well for winter. Another ward.

Step two. Yohn reached to the letters, and glanced at each in turn as he spoke. "Euron Crowseye is likely a kinslayer, or hired a Faceless Man to kill his brother. This Daenerys may use him to return to Westeros, but he is a slippery ally to be sure. I do not think she will like the company she keeps when they meet. It is true we knelt to dragons once, but I fear the only dragon in our land is a mummer's farce. And yet his star is ascendent. He intends to restore the Tullys, but will the Tullys ally with him when the Starks side with Baratheon? What of Lord Tarly, who by virtue of strength currently governs the Riverlands in the Tullys stead? Will Tarly follow Tyrell again?" He picked at the letter with the red wax. "The Lannisters would sell us one of Cersei's bastards, and for what? To build an alliance of two forces separated by logic and geography?"

"The boy king brings nothing but chaos, and the Lannisters offer fool's gold. The Crowseye is no friend of ours, yet he promises to restore the Tullys in his letter, as have Stannis and the boy. I say, why ally with any of them when they do our bidding before a deal must needs be struck?" Yohn stood, feigning frustration. "I have half a mind to crown Robert and declare the Vale's independence!"

Grafton paled. "My lord, King Stannis loves us little, but he will value our alliance. It is said he comes to Gulltown with many men- enough for sure to storm the city. And our fleet is the smallest in the Realm. My hom-I mean, the Vale's greatest port would be put to the torch, and my sons and daughters to the sword, should Stannis arrive to an independent Vale!"

I know that, you f***ing fool. Step three. "Then what do you counsel? Be quick, our Lords Declarant await in the Rune Hall."

Lord Grafton rose to meet Yohn's eyeline. "We will pledge ourselves to the true heir to Robert. He slew my father, yes, but the Baratheon reign was a prosperous one for us all. And my own counselors tell me this is desire of much of the other Lords Declarant. And my own son...the closest friend Lord Robert knows...I'll be loath to have House Grafton abandon our fellow Valesmen again."

After years of lordship, Yohn had as much command over his face as he had the siege units in the Battle of Gulltown. He feigned a bit of resignation and hid his satisfaction. "Very well. It seems to me you are right after all. Stannis is our best option, of this haggard lot." He paused, and held the gaze of his fellow lord. "And if this Daenerys mounts one of her dragons and flies above our ramparts, we must pray she has read the history of her own kin's conquest."

"The Seven would guide us to peace and safety."

The Seven? Not anymore. Royces had always been conflicted between worship of the Old Gods of the First Men, of whom they were direct descendants, and worship of the Seven Gods brought to the Vale by the Andal invaders. It had been a Royce King who nearly beat back the Andals thousands of years ago. But that was old and done.

"No, my lord. The Seven have no place here now." He crossed the solar to the door, flung it open, revealing the sun in the eastern sky. The tower of Runestone was vividly lit. "We have a new God, and a new King. Come, the Lords Declarant await us. The night is dark and full of terrors, but the sun has rose again."
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 11:02:53 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2015, 11:16:00 PM by DKrol, The Prince That Was Promised »

"It is my good and true will, with the Seven as my witness, that the Septon known as Gerris should serve as the next High Septon. He has proven his loyalty and service to the smallfolk and the people of the Seven Kingdoms.

Further, with the Seven as my witness, the order of King Maegor I banning the Faith Militant be revoked. Both branches of the Faith Militant - the Swords and the Stars - shall be reinstated as loyal and honorable orders defending the Seven against all enemies - from the fire demon R'Hollar to the watery Drowned God.

Further, with the Seven as my witness, Griffin's Roost shall now be a castle of House Targaryen and shall be a lesser title for mineself.

Further, with the Seven as my witness, Lord Anders Yronwood shall serve as the Master of Coin in my Small Council.

Further, with the Seven as my witness, Lord Randyll Tarly shall serve as the Master of Laws in my Small Council.

Further, with the Seven as my witness, Ser Archibald Yronwood shall be raised to the Kingsguard.

Further, with the Seven as my witness, Ser Areo Hotah shall be raised to Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

Further, with the Seven as my witness, Lord Ramsay Bolton shall be titled 'Warden of the North' and serve as my true and noble representative.

This is my will,
Aegon Targaryen, Sixth of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Lord of Griffin's Roost, and Protector of the Realm"

Kingsguard:
2 - Ser Garth Hightower
3 - Ser Arys Oakheart
4 - Ser Archibald Yronwood
5 - Vacant
6 - Vacant
Lord Commander - Ser Areo Hotah

Small Council:
Lord Commander: Ser Areo Hotah
Master of Coin: Lord Anders Yronwood