Anti-LGBT activist wants National Guard deployed to stop same-sex marriages
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:21:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anti-LGBT activist wants National Guard deployed to stop same-sex marriages
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti-LGBT activist wants National Guard deployed to stop same-sex marriages  (Read 2300 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2015, 11:25:57 AM »

Look for Brownback, Ducey, and Haley to (possibly) try this sometime soon:

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2015/01/anti-lgbt-activist-wants-national-guard-deployed-to-stop-same-sex-marriages/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 11:32:51 AM »

Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 12:01:26 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2015, 12:29:19 PM by Hifly »

There is no equivalence.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 12:24:57 PM »

OK, how about this.

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 01:47:01 PM »

Even if some governor were idiotic enough to try this, the first response would be Obama calling them up to Federal service.  Maybe that's what will happen in Oklahoma and the guard will misinterpret their orders and force everyone into a same sex marriage. I know future Bushie said it was because of the Supreme Court, but this idea seems far more plausible.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »

What do you mean? These people are literally calling for the exact same thing.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 01:13:30 AM »

No they're not. There's a significant difference between granting lawful rights to an oppressed racial minority as opposed to a lifestyle choice which is strongly discouraged in Holy Writ.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 01:20:38 AM »

No they're not. There's a significant difference between granting lawful rights to an oppressed racial minority as opposed to a lifestyle choice which is strongly discouraged in Holy Writ.

Once again, JCL, you prove to be an idiot who has no understanding of homosexuality outside of the bible.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 01:27:20 AM »

I don't remember when I chose this lifestyle. When did you chose yours?
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 01:30:16 AM »

Look for Brownback, Ducey, and Haley to (possibly) try this sometime soon:
And Kasich. He may come off as compassionate in public, but he has a strong hatred against gay people. Look at his House record on past votes, his support for the Ohio constitutional ban for SSM, his refusal to even support civil unions, or past comments like once saying, "I don't approve of the gay lifestyle." He's just as unsympathetic on the issue as Brownback is, and would call the National Guard or reject marriage licenses to same-sex couples in a second if it didn't backfire on him.

With that said, these Republican governor's will just have to deal with it. It's not their stubborn choice, and it's not our choice to be gay.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 01:34:03 AM »

They're calling for individual state governors to order National Guard troops to actively interfere with the enforcement of a decision of the United States Supreme Court. Exact. Same. Thing.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 01:52:47 AM »

You think people choose to be gay? You think someone would want to live a life when they're constantly viewed as 'different' and treated in such a way? You think if we were all made in Gods image, then he would deliberately make a person stray from what he considers 'morally' right? You're a ing idiot if you do think that, and it's incredibly sad.

From the bottom of my heart I can tell you I did not wake up one day and decide "Hey I'll be gay!" When I was younger I'd pray as hard as I ing can for me to wake up the next day and be attracted to girls. But, it never ing happened. I went to sleep gay and I woke up gay. Back when I was younger I willed myself to be straight now, I'm happy I'm gay but it's taken a lot of myself to accept who I am and be happy with myself. So when people say, "It's a choice" it's aggravating, no one wants to be in this world and not fit in, especially because of something they have no control over, my sexuality at the end of the day in my eyes was not of my choice, whether it be because of a higher power I don't know but let it be known, I did not choose to be gay, no one does. So shut the  up about it being a choice.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 05:35:26 AM »

So, following this "logic", I assume the fact you and I are attracted to an opposite sex was also a "choice"?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 11:42:13 AM »

How the friggin **** did this turn into a conversation about choice rather than the much more obvious...

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR ******* BOOK SAYS JCL YOU IGNORANT TWIT!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »

Even if some governor were idiotic enough to try this, the first response would be Obama calling them up to Federal service.  Maybe that's what will happen in Oklahoma and the guard will misinterpret their orders and force everyone into a same sex marriage. I know future Bushie said it was because of the Supreme Court, but this idea seems far more plausible.

President Obama can learn from anyone; he respects and uses precedent. Such is how his legal mind operates. We should know that by now. Paradoxically he would follow a precedent set by a non-attorney President: Eisenhower.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies