New Canadaland for Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:14:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Canadaland for Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: New Canadaland for Senate  (Read 2631 times)
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2015, 11:31:43 AM »
« edited: May 15, 2015, 01:03:37 PM by Mideast Speaker New Canadaland »

Welcome!
I'm currently a member of the Mideast assembly and am running for reelection.

So why am I running?
I want to bring debate, growth, and policy from a centre-left but still bipartisan basis to the region like I have for the last two months. As a junior participant in Atlasian politics, I still have much more I intend to do for the region. If reelected, I will consider running for speaker.

Any questions?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 11:48:24 AM »

Endorsed!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 04:18:30 PM »

You've got my #2 spot.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 02:12:30 PM »

You'll at least be one of my top two choices.  Should you be reelected, I think you'd make an excellent speaker.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 07:41:52 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2015, 07:44:12 PM by New Canadaland »

We did it!

First off, I'd like to thank all those who came out to vote. We Laborites and Washburnists had a amazing team, and many more voters came out to support us. I also thank all my fellow assembly members who have been great to work with, even those who have been defeated. I believe our future as a region is brighter than ever, speaking to the talent of our new government. Wish me luck in my bid for speaker!

(fyi: Justin's my first name so I picked Trudeau Tongue)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 08:31:33 PM »

Justin Trudeau??? I fear I may have to renounce my support for you as speaker Wink
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 08:49:16 PM »

Well excuse me, comrade, but my other options were too orange. We need red! Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 09:00:49 PM »

Too Orange you say, both Shua and I are closer to blue (in spite of my status as a Federalist)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 09:18:45 PM »

Congratulations on giving your opponents a proper spanking!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 10:34:35 PM »

Congrats on being re-elected!
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 10:25:44 AM »

On the Campaign Trail in Waterloo County, Ontario:

Here I will announce my bid for reelection!

My latest term in the Mideast Assembly was an interesting one. I would like to thank my assembly members for working with me as speaker of the assembly. Sadly, as a result of Tmth resigning and CrabCake's absence, the assembly was not able to achieve as much as I'd like. Nonetheless, I believe I have fulfilled my duties as speaker to my fullest extent, given the current level of activity.

Here is what I have accomplished in this assembly:

The Mideast High and Medium Speed Rail Expansion Act, which I sponsored in the previous assembly, has finally been passed after being heavily amended with suggestions by Tmth, myself, Shua, Hatman, and JCL. This is a bipartisan achievement that will greatly enhance public transportation in and between metro areas.

The Welfare Drug Screening Repeal Act, sponsored by yours truly, which repealed drug test requirements for those on welfare. This legislation was passed by arch-conservatives 2 years ago. Since then, it has come to my attention that this act costs more than it saves and I believe it is the wrong approach when it comes to poverty and reducing the drug addition.

I was the deciding vote on the bipartisan approval of MadmanMotley. I also gave my support to the anti-inactivity amendments. Currently I am working with JCL and Shua on the amendment to allow the Lt. Governor to break ties, which I expect to pass before the end of the session.

I am endorsing all Labor and WSRP incumbents for the coming legislative election. I also endorse Harry S. Truman, who is running as a TPP. While being a Laborite, I have worked with multiple parties this session and the addition of another will benefit the assembly.

My priorities for the next term will be improving education, looking at ideas I previously had such as hiring additional teachers in troubled schools, increasing the role of renewable energy in our region, and additional constitutional reform. I will also review previously passed statues to look at opportunities for reform. With I, Hatman, and Harry S Truman on the assembly, I expect these priorities will become law in short order. I hope that all those in the Mideast who support these reforms will join our campaigns this election cycle!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 11:34:39 AM »

Endorsed! You've been an excellent Speaker and I look forward to working with you in the coming months!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 12:51:58 PM »

Endorsed!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 04:08:48 PM »

lol "Waterloo County"
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 04:50:19 PM »

County, region, whatever.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 03:18:55 PM »

Endorsed!
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 01:11:14 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2015, 01:16:13 PM by New Canadaland »

On the Mideast election:

The polls have opened, and I encourage all Mideast residents to vote. Unfortunately, it appears assembly member Nagas made his announcement to run for re-election too late. I believe Nagas had great potential as an Assemblyman, and I encourage him to continue participating in Atlasia in the future.

Furthermore, this news has made the Mideast Assembly race much less competitive than anticipated. Despite that, I ask for all to voice support for a progressive and egalitarian agenda by casting a ballot with the trio of me, Hatman, and Harry S. Truman at the top of their ballot.

As for me, I intend to remain as speaker for one more term if I am re-elected. But I intend to allow a new speaker in the term after.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 05:30:32 PM »

I'd like to thank every Mideasterner who voted in this election. The results reaffirms my belief that our region is heading in the right direction.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2015, 05:39:34 PM »

Congratulations!
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 07:06:21 PM »

Congratulations Speaker!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 09:46:26 PM »

Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 06:30:04 PM »

I must let my constituents know that I have had an incredibly busy finals week (in RL) that has prevented me from having a strong presence in the legislature, aside from maintaining my duties as speaker.

Now that it's over with, my attention will be on the large constitutional reform measure brought forth by Truman. The overall aim of this non-partisan act is to make the constitution a better tool through which citizens and officials can exercise their rights by making its text more concise and organized. The act thus far has had my thorough support and I ask my supporters to vote in favour of the act should it make to a referendum.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 02:46:21 PM »

I have decided to not run for re-election to the Mideast Assembly. But this does not mean I am withdrawing from Atlasian public life. I may run for the regional senate seat when Windjammer vacates the seat. And progressive candidates running in our region will continue to receive my support. I thank all of the Representatives, Governors, and Lt. Governors I have worked with through my three terms as an Assembly member, and the citizens who have supported me in my campaigns.

I am eagerly endorsing the ticket of Windjammer/Franzl for the next Mideast gubernatorial election. With their experience and dedication, this ticket is our best opportunity to see progressive change enacted in our region since I first became active in Atlasia.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2015, 04:14:38 PM »

I'll be sorry to see you leave the Assembly. You've been an excellent Speaker, and I'm sure you'll continue to serve the Mideast with distinction in the future.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2015, 08:22:31 PM »

It's been an honor serving with you as an Assemblyman, Lt. Governor, and Governor, and I wish you well in the future.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies