Priebus: Bill Clinton's personal life is "fair game"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:44:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Priebus: Bill Clinton's personal life is "fair game"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Priebus: Bill Clinton's personal life is "fair game"  (Read 6215 times)
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 08:11:38 AM »

So? What's your line of rebuttal?  I take it you concede that my argument has merit!
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 08:55:17 AM »

So? What's your line of rebuttal?  I take it you concede that my argument has merit!

No. There was no "crap" that Democrats pulled on Mitt Romney in 2012. Democrats didn't make Mitt Romney look bad--he did a good enough job of that himself.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 10:30:53 AM »

I am amused that Mehtehmum or whatever or whoever he is, is amused that the Republicans see going after Bill Clinton is a line of attack,  if it works and a preferred option, then why not. Will see how amused you Democrats are, once us Republicans do actually go after Billary.  Everything is fair game after the crap you Democrats pulled on Mitt in 2012; at least he's a known quantity,  wonder what old Bubba has been up to since 2001. There should be a treasure trove of stuff to titillate,, shock &  entertain us. Bring on Hillary!

Yeah, making an election featuring the first female presidential nominee all about her husband (that has a 65% approval rating, by the way), couldn't possibly backfire. Go for it! Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 11:58:16 AM »

OK. I want to know every single detail about Rience Priebus' personal life, as well as those of his family members, so we can have some fun on their expense. After all, it's a fair game.

...Bill Clinton was the President of the United States (1993-2001), and the person on whom Hillary Clinton's political career is built. Why are some of you people acting like attacking a professional politician is off limits? Huh

In any event, the hashtag Democrats would be wise to avoid dismissing the issue of Bill's extracurricular activities because of his supposed polling numbers. Remember, in 2000 he managed to both have a job approval rating in the 60s and be utterly toxic to the point where it was objectively the right decision for Gore to avoid Clinton campaigning on his behalf.

I won't pretend that I'm not looking forward to the inevitable revelations about Bill Clinton should Hillary run, though. It's not like he's stopped.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2015, 11:59:49 AM »

Hillary's political career was built off of her own efforts, not Bill. You guys can keep repeating the opposite and I'll keep refuting it all the way to 2016 (if she runs), win or lose.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2015, 01:03:31 PM »

OK. I want to know every single detail about Rience Priebus' personal life, as well as those of his family members, so we can have some fun on their expense. After all, it's a fair game.

...Bill Clinton was the President of the United States (1993-2001), and the person on whom Hillary Clinton's political career is built. Why are some of you people acting like attacking a professional politician is off limits? Huh

In any event, the hashtag Democrats would be wise to avoid dismissing the issue of Bill's extracurricular activities because of his supposed polling numbers. Remember, in 2000 he managed to both have a job approval rating in the 60s and be utterly toxic to the point where it was objectively the right decision for Gore to avoid Clinton campaigning on his behalf.

I won't pretend that I'm not looking forward to the inevitable revelations about Bill Clinton should Hillary run, though. It's not like he's stopped.

Oh, I must've missed when Bill won those Senate races in 2000 and 2006. And when Bill was Secretary of State for 4 years.

"But she never would've done those things if her husband wasn't president!"

Yeah, so what? You can basically apply that same logic to any politician. "There's no way you would've gotten where you are without <insert connections here>". Regardless of who her husband was, she was a Senator for 8 years in her own right and Secretary of State for 4 years in her own right. You can't take that away from her.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2015, 01:42:55 PM »

Oakie's anti-Hillary obsession starts to worry me.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2015, 01:44:11 PM »

You kinda killed your argument didn't ya....Hillary used Bubba's infidelities to bolster her campaign for the Senate and the Clinton name was put to good use in 2000. A orangutan could have run as a Democrat in 2006 and won!...no way that a Democrat wasn't going to win! Duh! Hillary cashed in on Clinton name again in 2008. But that Barack guy knocked her off her pedestal.  She got Secretary of State to keep her and Bill outta mischief.  So again the fact that Billary are public figures, they are fair game...duh! Her invincibility is way overrated just as it was during 2008 Democratic primaries, and never mind that glass ceiling,  Hillary has a glass jaw & that scares you Democrats,  go with good old six pack Joe, heard he's always good for a laugh.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2015, 01:44:38 PM »

Of course Bill Clinton is fair game. In 1992 the two of them campaigned as a two-for-one act and did so even more strongly in 2008. The Clintons are a package deal, if you vote for one you vote for the other. Thus, Bill's conduct and whatever questionable behavior he's been involved in is fair game. Bill Clinton rolls in scandal as a pig does s**t so I'm sure we'll have some interesting revelations.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2015, 01:48:30 PM »

You kinda killed your argument didn't ya....Hillary used Bubba's infidelities to bolster her campaign for the Senate and the Clinton name was put to good use in 2000. A orangutan could have run as a Democrat in 2006 and won!...no way that a Democrat wasn't going to win! Duh! Hillary cashed in on Clinton name again in 2008. But that Barack guy knocked her off her pedestal.  She got Secretary of State to keep her and Bill outta mischief.  So again the fact that Billary are public figures, they are fair game...duh! Her invincibility is way overrated just as it was during 2008 Democratic primaries, and never mind that glass ceiling,  Hillary has a glass jaw & that scares you Democrats,  go with good old six pack Joe, heard he's always good for a laugh.

Judging from your response, I'm not sure you even understood my point.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2015, 02:52:53 PM »

You kinda killed your argument didn't ya....Hillary used Bubba's infidelities to bolster her campaign for the Senate and the Clinton name was put to good use in 2000.

She also ran a campaign, barnstormed through all of New York's 62 counties, did television appearances, participated in debates, educated herself on local issues, and generally did everything that any successful electoral politician does to get elected to office.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You could have said the same thing about FDR in 1932... does that mean his election was an accomplishment? As a partisan First Lady strongly identified with a former Democratic president... she defeated her opponent by a 2-1 margin and won all but 4 counties in New York, including those that voted against her husband both times.

Erm, how did she cash in in 2008? She ended up with nothing. The result of 2008 should be proof that having a name doesn't get you anything by itself.

Yes, she probably can't win, but the notion that she's never done anything herself and that any woman can get to where she is today just by marrying the right man just isn't right.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2015, 04:52:01 PM »

Good. That means Reince Priebus' personal life is fair game, too.

Priebus isn't running for President, so nobody cares about his personal life.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2015, 04:56:17 PM »

Bill will HURT hillary at this point not help....doesn't matter shes gonna win the nomination with ease
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2015, 05:06:52 PM »

If you guys can dig into Romney's personal life, then so can the GOP

How did the Democrats dig into Ann Romney's personal life?

Just ask Dirty Liar Harry Reid when he made a fool of himself publicly by lying about the Romney's tax returns.

And the Romney income would be the income of both Mitt and Ann.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2015, 05:58:05 PM »

By the way Icespear what exactly was your point again? You don't seem to get the concept, all is fair in politics as in life. Clinton (that is Bill), whether or not you like it, will be fair game, that you can bet your pension on. So you saying other wise, won't make a hill of beans, you are like old King Canute, telling the sea not to come in. Us Republicans want Hillary so much, and if you get one, you get the other....A two for the price of one deal if you ask me!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2015, 06:09:36 PM »

By the way Icespear what exactly was your point again? You don't seem to get the concept, all is fair in politics as in life. Clinton (that is Bill), whether or not you like it, will be fair game, that you can bet your pension on. So you saying other wise, won't make a hill of beans, you are like old King Canute, telling the sea not to come in. Us Republicans want Hillary so much, and if you get one, you get the other....A two for the price of one deal if you ask me!

You think I care if Republicans go this route? As I've stated multiple times in this thread, I hope they do. And sure, you guys totally want Hillary. I'm convinced. Wink
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2015, 03:00:24 AM »

Nice to see a Republican convincing a Democrat,  or was that sarcasm? If it was the latter, ha ha☺ However the reason why Hillary will be the best candidate to face....We have Benghazi,  then there's Bill...he's her achilles heel so to speak. Also Hillary's strengths are way overrated,  and her weaknesses are underrated.  Guess you Democrats being in the bubble can skew your judgement and then there is the added burden of Barack Obama, remember him...he's like the incumbent DEMOCRAT, there is a record to defend or to run away from. You Democrats were pretty good at using George W. Bush as a tar baby in which to hit McCain over the head with...so what's good for the goose is good for the gander! This is also something worth remembering,  very rarely does a second term presidency, see the presidency not change hands to a member of the other hand, the last time the incumbent party win a third presidential election in a row, was in 1988 and that was because of Reagan's popularity. Trust me, Barack Obama is no Ronald Reagan. So by virtue of the fact we have an ebbing of the Democratic tide, Hillary despite all her inherent "advantages" (can't think of any, apart her stint as Secretary of State, or being married to an egomaniac and prolific womanizer...leopards don't change there spots...Watch out for another bimbo explosion), Hillary is handicapped by the habits of history.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2015, 03:03:06 AM »

Nice to see a Republican convincing a Democrat,  or was that sarcasm? If it was the latter, ha ha☺ However the reason why Hillary will be the best candidate to face....We have Benghazi,  then there's Bill...he's her achilles heel so to speak. Also Hillary's strengths are way overrated,  and her weaknesses are underrated.  Guess you Democrats being in the bubble can skew your judgement and then there is the added burden of Barack Obama, remember him...he's like the incumbent DEMOCRAT, there is a record to defend or to run away from. You Democrats were pretty good at using George W. Bush as a tar baby in which to hit McCain over the head with...so what's good for the goose is good for the gander! This is also something worth remembering,  very rarely does a second term presidency, see the presidency not change hands to a member of the other hand, the last time the incumbent party win a third presidential election in a row, was in 1988 and that was because of Reagan's popularity. Trust me, Barack Obama is no Ronald Reagan. So by virtue of the fact we have an ebbing of the Democratic tide, Hillary despite all her inherent "advantages" (can't think of any, apart her stint as Secretary of State, or being married to an egomaniac and prolific womanizer...leopards don't change there spots...Watch out for another bimbo explosion), Hillary is handicapped by the habits of history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2015, 07:38:31 AM »

Good. That means Reince Priebus' personal life is fair game, too.

Priebus isn't running for President, so nobody cares about his personal life.

So, airing personal affairs is fair game if you're running for President, but not if you're serving one of the two parties in a major capacity?

"We can go after that guy! They're running for President!"

"That person is Chair of the RNC? They're definitely off-limits. Don't go there."

That makes zero sense.

Mind you, I don't really care if the GOP digs into Hillary or Bill's personal affairs. In fact, the GOP has been doing exactly that for nearly 25 years. But the whining from some of the Republican posters here about when Democrats do/might do the same thing to a GOP candidate is, quite frankly, both sad and hilarious.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2015, 08:20:18 AM »

Priebus isn't running for President! So your point was...? I would suggest that Hillary doesn't have the election in the bag, she represents the incumbent party and wants to win that third term for the Democrats,  she is running against history. But again there are those handicaps, that don't appear when you are looking through Democratic tinted glasses,  guess living in a bubble can do that. Just saying our party has a stronger chance of winning in 2016.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2015, 08:39:19 AM »

Priebus isn't running for President! So your point was...? I would suggest that Hillary doesn't have the election in the bag, she represents the incumbent party and wants to win that third term for the Democrats,  she is running against history. But again there are those handicaps, that don't appear when you are looking through Democratic tinted glasses,  guess living in a bubble can do that. Just saying our party has a stronger chance of winning in 2016.

So, it's okay to dig into somebody's personal life if they're running for President, but not if they are the Chairperson for the national Democrats/GOP? Yes, or no?
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2015, 12:47:12 PM »

Again,  Priebus is not! running for President!  He's just RNC chairman,  so digging or not digging into his background is irrelevant,  me thinks you are engaging in semantics and trying to compare apple to oranges, duh!☺
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2015, 01:04:48 PM »

Again,  Priebus is not! running for President!  He's just RNC chairman,  so digging or not digging into his background is irrelevant,  me thinks you are engaging in semantics and trying to compare apple to oranges, duh!☺

So, the answer is no? Bill Clinton is also not running for President. And at this point, Hillary Clinton has not made a formal declaration that she is, either.

So, please explain why it's okay that the GOP dig into their personal life, while Reince Priebus' personal life is off-limits.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2015, 01:17:20 PM »

Just saying our party has a stronger chance of winning in 2016.

Coming from the guy who insisted that Romney would win comfortably, I take this as a good sign for the Democrats.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2015, 01:29:30 PM »

Attacking the personal life of a popular former president isn't going to help Republicans; it will only make people have more sympathy for his wife who has to put up with it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies