The party of the governors and the party of the president
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:52:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The party of the governors and the party of the president
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The party of the governors and the party of the president  (Read 447 times)
buritobr
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2015, 06:23:22 PM »

In the USA, is it better for a state to have a governor whose party is the same as the president's one? Does it increase the probability of receiving federal aid? Or it doesn't make difference?

I see that in the midterm elections, many governos from the opposition party are elected. So, it looks like that it does not make difference.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 12:26:42 AM »

I think the party of the Senators and Representatives a specific state sends to D.C. with relation to the majority party in Congress makes the biggest difference.

An example I can think of for a governor is if one wanted funding for a specific program (Jerry Brown and his bullet train) it helps for the governor to be of the same party as the majority party in Congress. They'd be more likely to grant the funding.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies