Lief vs. Oakvale
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:19:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Lief vs. Oakvale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: ...
Lief
Oakvale
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Lief vs. Oakvale  (Read 3292 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:23:17 PM »
« edited: January 14, 2015, 02:20:08 PM by Northeast Member of Assembly Vapaus »

Who gets your vote?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 09:33:19 PM »

Interesting that this bizarrely premised poll is me against Lief rather than your good self.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:39:31 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2015, 09:42:25 PM by Northeast Member of Assembly Vapaus »

Interesting that this bizarrely premised poll is me against Lief rather than your good self.
Hardly anything bizarre about this poll, although it is in a way a proxy referendum on whether one enjoyed my dating story or not, since the choices are between my story's biggest fan who insisted on me continuing the story (I even provided Lief with bonus content via PM) versus my story's loudest critic who decries my story as "degeneracy" for containing oblique PG-13 sexual references. And from that it is in a way a proxy referendum between pro-sex adults and anti-sex morality crusaders.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 09:43:09 PM »

Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 09:47:16 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2015, 10:58:25 PM by Tetro Kornbluth »

Libertas, believe me when I say this

you are nowhere near as interesting as you think you are.

EDIT: btw in the poll I accidentally voted for Lief. Chalk one of those Lief votes for Oakvale instead.
Foucaulf
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 10:02:43 PM »

your sex life is nowhere near as interesting as you think are it is.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 10:04:26 PM »

you are nowhere near as interesting as you think are.

EDIT: btw in the poll I accidentally voted for Lief. Chalk one of those Lief votes for Oakvale instead.

Believe it or not, I'm disinclined to believe you, actually.

Last summer alone my life was filled with more crazy things going on than have likely occurred in your entire life.

And my one dating story generated wide interest from people I didn't even expect telling me via PM how they enjoyed it and expressing support for me against my critics.

Although thanks to you guys, that will be my only dating story shared on Atlas, so Lief and others who voiced interest in my stories will unfortunately not get to read any more on this forum.

So Oakvale wins and Lief loses in that regard.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 10:11:46 PM »

your sex life is nowhere near as interesting as you think are it is.

Really, wanna compare?

On second thought I think that would actually be crossing the line into lewd and inappropriate content and get us both (or at least me) in trouble.
Foucaulf
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 10:24:38 PM »

I'm in a stable enough relationship to not really want to bother.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 10:43:55 PM »

Lief

sry oakvale Sad
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 10:49:10 PM »

I'm typically prudish, but Libertas, your stories are incredibly interesting. Plus Lief is a fantastic poster. So Lief.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 11:13:08 PM »

I'm good for both, however since Libertas has decided to add some kind of twisted spin, then I have to go with oakvale.

Because supporting juvenile, boastful, and seemingly crass off-fora exploits along with virginity shaming and "prude" calling just isn't gonna jive with me.

And if oakvale is against that as the premise seems to be, then so be it.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 11:29:58 PM »

Oakvale. I'm a social issues voter.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 11:32:37 PM »

I'm good for both, however since Libertas has decided to add some kind of twisted spin, then I have to go with oakvale.

Because supporting juvenile, boastful, and seemingly crass off-fora exploits along with virginity shaming and "prude" calling just isn't gonna jive with me.

And if oakvale is against that as the premise seems to be, then so be it.

There was no virginity shaming. Being a virgin doesn't mean someone has to be a prude.

There was, on the other hand, slut-shaming, including the use of the word "skank" in response to my story, which was quite demeaning.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 11:49:00 PM »

I really like both Lief and oakvale but this poll isn't really about them becaus you are really just using them as proxies for something to the effect of "I approve/disapprove of you posting explicitly about your sexual history".

I have no personal objection to your sexual history though you should seriously have more tact about where and how you "share" your exploits. I've been guilty of this before, and trust me- you will eventually look back in disgust and wonder why you wrote about your sex life to strangers on a political cartography discussion forum.

As the matter stands now I must play the unfortunate role of morality police because sexually explicit adult conversation is one of the few areas where the ToS is not malleable. It may only be PG13 but that's too far for Google AdSense guidelines. The continued discussion of your sex life runs the risk of Google pulling its advertising revenue from the forum, which would turn the site into a money sink and force Dave Leip to shut the forum down. I am deleting your sexual posts as i see them because if left unchecked your posts could literally kill the forum
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 11:49:59 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2015, 11:57:13 PM by Snowstalker »

I was only here for the tail end of Libertas's first stay, so admittedly other than through reading old threads I know little about his first incarnation. But for all the self-hating homophobic reactionary anti-Semitic Catholicism that old Libertas was, the incarnation that the insane blue avatar lawyers chose to bring back has indeed "changed", as "Vapaus" has claimed. He has changed for the worse, and now represents the absolute worst elements of Atlas--liberal hackishness which seems like an effort to atone for the past combined with obnoxiously slutty behavior on PAPOY and a total lack of a filter on the Forum Community. We do not need to know that you vomited on another man's penis, nor do we need to know that you were tossed around like a rentboy by Broadway extras. I am not a "prude", I simply believe that no one gains anything from hearing about your escapades in Manhattan and that we ought to have some separation between our forum personas and our private lives. Hopefully the mods realize their grave mistake soon.

Let the chips fall where they may and no you can't really slut-shame a man
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 11:59:54 PM »

and no you can't really slut-shame a man

I, for one, welcome the new feminist-snowstalker!
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 12:30:52 AM »

I really like both Lief and oakvale but this poll isn't really about them becaus you are really just using them as proxies for something to the effect of "I approve/disapprove of you posting explicitly about your sexual history".

I have no personal objection to your sexual history though you should seriously have more tact about where and how you "share" your exploits. I've been guilty of this before, and trust me- you will eventually look back in disgust and wonder why you wrote about your sex life to strangers on a political cartography discussion forum.

As the matter stands now I must play the unfortunate role of morality police because sexually explicit adult conversation is one of the few areas where the ToS is not malleable. It may only be PG13 but that's too far for Google AdSense guidelines. The continued discussion of your sex life runs the risk of Google pulling its advertising revenue from the forum, which would turn the site into a money sink and force Dave Leip to shut the forum down. I am deleting your sexual posts as i see them because if left unchecked your posts could literally kill the forum

Well the thing is I never made/make any "sexual posts", I never even used the word sex in my  story, I left things to the imagination with vague one line references that could just as easily be interpreted as completely non-sexual in order to keep it clean and non-explicit. No body parts are named, no sex acts are mentioned, people imagine what they choose to imagine. (For example Snowstalker completely imagined things that I never said happened in my story, and did NOT happen, and also claims I am guilty of "obnoxiously slutty behavior on PAPOY" which is a ridiculous falsehood, all I've done is post pics of myself in there like everyone else does, unless posting pics of myself wearing glasses constitutes "slutty" behavior). There's no way Google AdSense could possibly detect anything remotely even PG-13 from my story, which was in fact just a crazy dating story I went through, not erotic fiction.

And as I mentioned that is the first and last dating story I will share with the Atlas, to the disappointment of those who found my story interesting. So despite what some might be telling you, the notion that I am going around the forum making "sexual posts" just is not true, Bacon King. Search through my posting history if you don't believe me.

And yes, you can most certainly slut-shame a man, particularly a gay man, and especially feminine submissive gay men. Unlike Snowstalker, I actually am a feminist. Gay men are often treated like and equated with women by our heteronormative society. Gay men with sex lives are often degraded as overly promiscuous and "degenerate" while a straight man who has sex just as often with women is considered a stud and idolized.

Anyway this poll really is about Lief vs. Oakvale, because the two are polar opposites; one, fun and open-minded, against banning anyone he just happens to dislike, and against prudery....the other is seemingly a troll who takes pride in this "complain about everything, ban everyone" persona as evidenced by his signature. Plus one is one of my favorite posters (and not just because of the 'prudery' issue or my story) and other is....not.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 12:43:37 AM »

I'm not going to comb through your post history man, but to use a single example here, let's take a single line you said:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Let's not pretend your post leaves anything to the imagination or is in any way ambiguous. Let's also not pretend that every single person responding to this post will use the same discretion as you in avoiding AdSense keywords.

Also don't put words in my mouth because I didn't mention anything about your behavior in PAPOY or anything, just that you are being unnecessarily explicit.

Sorry about my heteronormative privilege- I'm sure you are correct there.

I like you Libertas, I do, I'm just trying to keep you from doing something you'll regret. One time I shared a story about having sex with five people in one day as an example of the social effects of my unmedicated bipolar mania, then Simfan put it in the good post gallery and the whole website saw it. I still feel really really really really really really really really really weird about that and regret posting it and hey if you want to chat about your whacky misadventures maybe just do it in IRC or something
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 01:01:21 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2015, 01:51:44 AM by Northeast Member of Assembly Vapaus »

I'm not going to comb through your post history man, but to use a single example here, let's take a single line you said:

Let's not pretend your post leaves anything to the imagination or is in any way ambiguous. Let's also not pretend that every single person responding to this post will use the same discretion as you in avoiding AdSense keywords.
Well I thank you for acknowledging that I used extreme discretion in avoiding anything that could possibly trigger Google AdSense as being sexually explicit content. The two sexual parts were carefully written and quickly glossed over in quick one lines amidst my rambling stream-of-consciousness story, and they were not the focus of the story at all. Vomiting on this guy's bed (no, not on the guy himself) on our first date was a pretty significant part of the narrative, but it was a story about the crazy guy I was going on these dates with, not about sex.

It was not you, it was Snowstalker.

And for those interested in seeing my "obnoxiously slutty" behavior in the PAPOY thread, here is my post: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205070.msg4445097#msg4445097

I would but I'm not allowed in IRC....because it's run by Oakvale (and Gully Foyle) who ban me on-sight.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 03:39:16 AM »

This thread is just lol.

Voted for oakvale as should surprise no one.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 04:02:27 AM »

You're doing your defenders a great disservice by a) constantly acting like the aggrieved little victim b) assuming that anyone who questions "well, maybe that was TMI for a forum that has a large number of minors in it"is some kind of prude c) turning every little thing into some crusade against invisible enemies.

You aren't that interesting - ftr - I couldn't give two s*** who you ****, are ****** by (let's be honest) let alone where it happens... you've made friends in the knee-jerk defenders camp and good for you.

But you're still the same attention-seeking creature you were before, but you'll be tolerated it seems because you're politically on the right side now.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 06:47:53 AM »

Oakvale. I'm a social issues voter.
You support later term abortion???
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 06:55:44 AM »

Lief for sure. Though I do admit the old cranky Irish curmudgeon has grown on me a bit.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 08:17:40 AM »

Lief
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies