Was unbanning Libertas the correct decision?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:14:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Was unbanning Libertas the correct decision?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: Was unbanning Libertas the correct decision?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 107

Author Topic: Was unbanning Libertas the correct decision?  (Read 12923 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2015, 10:47:09 AM »

So it sounds like it was more that all the personal attacks against you here were more hurtful than the actual events you described?
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2015, 10:54:32 AM »

However certain people will keep repeating lies that I'm posting "sexually explicit" content all over the forum, like Snowstalker claiming that I've engaged in "obnoxiously slutty behavior" in the PAPOY thread, here is my "obnoxiously slutty" contribution to the PAPOY thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205070.msg4445097#msg4445097

Snowstalker would prefer that all gay men posting in that thread adorn full burka before taking photos of themselves.

The only thing notable about those pics of Libertas is that he's kind of posing like girls often do in selfies.  I'm irritated that Snow would call that "slutty". 

Has your leftism been relegated to economic matters, dude?

I certainly didn't intentionally strike a "girly" pose in my selfies, I just liked those poses. But if my poses do in fact resemble the way girls often pose in selfies, and Snowstalker considers my pics to be "obnoxiously slutty", then all I can say is wow, that's pretty awful and misogynistic.

There seems to be a subtle yet consistent anti-LGBTQ strain running through most of the criticism of me.

Now my selfies aren't manly enough, instead of looking like a manly man, I look like some "obnoxiously slutty" girl.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2015, 11:20:11 AM »

So it sounds like it was more that all the personal attacks against you here were more hurtful than the actual events you described?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2015, 11:21:32 AM »

Calling you that was almost entirely to get the exact reaction you've been giving me.

And again, the silent majority of Atlas gays (like nearly all sexually active Atlas straights) do not tell us about their sex life. This is not homophobia, this is Libertasphobia.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2015, 11:26:11 AM »

Is there any hope for us non-prudes? Or is the forum lost for good?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2015, 11:30:05 AM »

Snowstalker was a very unlikely conversion. I didn't see that one coming. But it's always darkest just before the dawn. We shall prevail.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2015, 11:33:05 AM »

I'm already resting in peace, while others like Tony, Gustaf, oakvale and gully are doing the happy dance.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2015, 11:33:53 AM »

Blessed are the promiscuous, for they shall inherit the forum
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2015, 12:11:09 PM »

However certain people will keep repeating lies that I'm posting "sexually explicit" content all over the forum, like Snowstalker claiming that I've engaged in "obnoxiously slutty behavior" in the PAPOY thread, here is my "obnoxiously slutty" contribution to the PAPOY thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205070.msg4445097#msg4445097

Snowstalker would prefer that all gay men posting in that thread adorn full burka before taking photos of themselves.

The only thing notable about those pics of Libertas is that he's kind of posing like girls often do in selfies.  I'm irritated that Snow would call that "slutty". 

Has your leftism been relegated to economic matters, dude?

I certainly didn't intentionally strike a "girly" pose in my selfies, I just liked those poses. But if my poses do in fact resemble the way girls often pose in selfies, and Snowstalker considers my pics to be "obnoxiously slutty", then all I can say is wow, that's pretty awful and misogynistic.

There seems to be a subtle yet consistent anti-LGBTQ strain running through most of the criticism of me.

Now my selfies aren't manly enough, instead of looking like a manly man, I look like some "obnoxiously slutty" girl.

Nobody takes Snowstalker's babbling seriously. You shouldn't as well.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2015, 02:32:23 PM »

These exist? I thought all the Atlas gays had daily gangbangs while all the Atlas straights were virgins.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2015, 02:58:04 PM »

These exist? I thought all the Atlas gays had daily gangbangs while all the Atlas straights were virgins.

Most (including yours truly) are, but the Bacon Kings and Gustafs and Polnuts of Atlas are much better at keeping their sex lives off a forum about election maps.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »

lol, BK and Gustaf have made plenty of posts about their sex lives...

stop your homophobic trolling SS
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2015, 03:19:12 PM »

Well sure, but nothing about vomiting on their partner.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2015, 03:36:23 PM »

You've vomited on your partner? I thought you just said you were a virgin?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2015, 03:38:04 PM »

What the hell are you talking about? Why do you have time to flirt with a slack-jawed Clevelander and have orgies with Broadway extras but not to read a post?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2015, 03:44:42 PM »

Most (including yours truly) are, but the Bacon Kings and Gustafs and Polnuts of Atlas are much better at keeping their sex lives off a forum about election maps.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2015, 03:55:04 PM »

The longer this argument goes on the more inclined I am to take Libertas's side. At this point it's difficult for me not to think he's being held to a different standard than somebody straighter or more conventionally masculine would be.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2015, 04:12:27 PM »

What the hell are you talking about? Why do you have time to flirt with a slack-jawed Clevelander and have orgies with Broadway extras but not to read a post?

Some are extras, some are pretty established and well-known names in the world of Broadway theatre whom I've seen perform on stage in significant roles. Having never even been given a role not even as an extra on a Broadway play (and I am sure neither have you), I consider myself lucky to be 'in' among talented and attractive people. Ugly people don't tend to succeed in acting careers. Tongue

Hence one of the reasons for the strict "clothes-checking rule" upon entering and the relative darkness of the rooms- stringent protections against any photographic evidence as to who is in attendance at any given party.

One reason I enjoy those parties is simply out of historical curiosity for an old New York City long gone by in the post-Giuliani/Bloomberg era, a city where graffiti covered the subway cars and Times Square was filled with sex shops and peep shows and prostitutes on every corner. In truth I would probably be disgusted by old Times Square, but getting to experience just a little adult fun in the Disneyland that is 2014/2015 Times Square in a safe 21st century version appeals to my inner sense of curiosity for gritty old NYC.

But my only mention of these orgies was in my intro thread among my list of flaws (along with gambling that has left me thousands in debt and a drug addiction problem which probably is at the root of where all the gambling and sexual promiscuity came from since I'm naturally a very shy and reserved person.)

I would very much prefer to find someone to fall in love with and to cuddle with, I don't even need sex.

Also insulting Adam Fitzgerald as a "slack-jawed Clevelander" because he and I made obvious jokes about being roommates together is lame and uncalled for, and you should apologize to him. There is something wrong with a bit of harmless fun between two posters in the same age group joking about being roommates? That's what you consider flirting?  And btw, if you're really straight, who are you to judge the attractiveness of his jawline? Wink Adam has both beauty and brains and will easily find a loving boyfriend. Whatever your true orientation is, I doubt you will find a girlfriend/boyfriend or any sort of partner with your bad attitude.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2015, 04:24:10 PM »

The longer this argument goes on the more inclined I am to take Libertas's side. At this point it's difficult for me not to think he's being held to a different standard than somebody straighter or more conventionally masculine would be.

Going way back to when I joined back in '09, I remember discussions of one's sexual exploits were pretty much non-controversial, as evidenced by the BK post quoted above...as long as they were of the hetero nature.

In my uber-controversial story, not only did I admit to engaging in sexual activity with another man, I also made it obvious that I played the passive, submissive, "womanly" role in that activity.

So we have people who would loudly proclaim to be feminists and vehemently deny being homophobic or transphobic in any way (since gender clearly plays a role in this too) nevertheless attacking me and acting all disgusted because I'm a male-bodied person who played a "womanly" role and failed to "act like a man".
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2015, 04:29:05 PM »

Going way back to when I joined back in '09, I remember discussions of one's sexual exploits were pretty much non-controversial, as evidenced by the BK post quoted above...as long as they were of the hetero nature.

In my uber-controversial story, not only did I admit to engaging in sexual activity with another man, I also made it obvious that I played the passive, submissive, "womanly" role in that activity.

So we have people who would loudly proclaim to be feminists and vehemently deny being homophobic or transphobic in any way (since gender clearly plays a role in this too) nevertheless attacking me and acting all disgusted because I'm a male-bodied person who played a "womanly" role and failed to "act like a man".

I never said this.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2015, 04:30:57 PM »

I never said this.

You didn't have to.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2015, 04:34:11 PM »

Y'know... you're probably right.

However, the fact remains that Libertas would be better received if he calmed down and dropped the persecution complex.  There isn't a shadowy cabal of posters who are conspiring to ban anything and everything they disagree with, that's just silly.  And said nonexistent cabal certainly doesn't lurk behind any and every attempt at constructive criticism.

Also, it's not worth arguing with Snowstalker.  Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2015, 04:39:45 PM »

Y'know... you're probably right.

However, the fact remains that Libertas would be better received if he calmed down and dropped the persecution complex.  There isn't a shadowy cabal of posters who are conspiring to ban anything and everything they disagree with, that's just silly.  And said nonexistent cabal certainly doesn't lurk behind any and every attempt at constructive criticism.

"But Oakvale and Gully..."
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2015, 04:46:01 PM »

That's just nonsense, and it's disappointing that you'd buy into Libertas's frantic spin. What could be more absurdly masculine than attending anonymous orgies? I'd also reiterate how gross it is that Libertas is attempting to frame his attention-seeking posts about his private life as a natural expression of his sexual identity. If I was gay/etc. I'd be pretty offended by that strategy and the assumptions it makes.

Anyway, whatever Snowstalker's arguing, it's obvious that Libertas hasn't changed - and thus should not have been unbanned! - because his ridiculously belligerent, humourless personality remains as evident as ever. Witness as evidence the verbose, infuriated responses to every single post, to say nothing of the delusional notion that the Forces of Evil are united against him, and Libertas, the innocent victim of an orchestrated campaign of lies (remember when he compared himself to George McGovern running against Nixon?), stands alone, heroically fighting. But I guess he's adopted the "correct" political views now, so it's all fine. Whatever.

As a postscript, the irony here is that both Snowstalker and Libertas have a pathetic adolescent nostalgia for the "gritty" New York City of the '70s.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2015, 04:48:02 PM »

That's just nonsense, and it's disappointing that you'd buy into Libertas's frantic spin. What could be more absurdly masculine than attending anonymous orgies? I'd also reiterate how gross it is that Libertas is attempting to frame his attention-seeking posts about his private life as a natural expression of his sexual identity. If I was gay/etc. I'd be pretty offended by that strategy and the assumptions it makes.

Anyway, whatever Snowstalker's arguing, it's obvious that Libertas hasn't changed - and thus should not have been unbanned! - because his ridiculously belligerent, humourless personality remains as evident as ever. Witness as evidence the verbose, infuriated responses to every single post, to say nothing of the delusional notion that the Forces of Evil are united against him, and Libertas, the innocent victim of an orchestrated campaign of lies (remember when he compared himself to George McGovern running against Nixon?), stands alone, heroically fighting. But I guess he's adopted the "correct" political views now, so it's all fine. Whatever.

As a postscript, the irony here is that both Snowstalker and Libertas have a pathetic adolescent nostalgia for the "gritty" New York City of the '70s.

One of us here is humorless, Oakvale, but it isn't me, old friend.

Also I think Madeline and I both have a better grasp of LGBTQ issues regarding both sexual orientation and gender identity/expectations than you do...perhaps try checking your privilege?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies