Was unbanning Libertas the correct decision? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:12:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Was unbanning Libertas the correct decision? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Was unbanning Libertas the correct decision?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 107

Author Topic: Was unbanning Libertas the correct decision?  (Read 13044 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: January 14, 2015, 06:10:22 PM »
« edited: January 14, 2015, 06:12:34 PM by Senator Polnut »

I think Libertas will be fine as long as he doesn't keep acting like the victim of some organised witchhunt. Because... I know of no such hunt. He's clearly trying to taunt people into reacting to him, to enable him to play the victim and the usual suspects have lined up to defend him.

Just think a bit more before you post and maybe people wouldn't think you weren't just an attention-seeking troll, albeit more tolerable to the "OMG you guyz are mean!" brigade, because of your new political affiliations.

I was dead against his returning, especially considering the "look at meeeeeeeeeeeeee" behaviour he immediately got into... but you know what? Let him go. Nobody bite, just let him be.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 12:00:39 AM »

I think Libertas will be fine as long as he doesn't keep acting like the victim of some organised witchhunt.

It's funny you should say that, as I had him on ignore in both of his incarnations my only interaction with him was a fantasy politics case where he acted extraordinarily paranoid, as though he were being persecuted in a collaboration of all these separate people.

I did read a few of his recent stories, and found them amusing, but I think he has a very abrasive nature that does not seem to have mellowed.  I don't remember why he was banned, and I'd prefer to see contributors who wish to return be given a chance to do so.  But he certainly strikes me as someone who has not changed on a truly fundamental level.

The 'old' Libertas certainly had an abrasive nature, however I really am not getting where you are getting this idea that I am "abrasive" now, especially if you have me on ignore.

Likewise, how do I strike you as someone "someone who has not changed on a truly fundamental level" when you haven't interacted with me and you have me on ignore?

Note... "had".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies