What outcome wouldn't be embarrassing for Romney? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:10:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What outcome wouldn't be embarrassing for Romney? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What outcome wouldn't be embarrassing for Romney?  (Read 3207 times)
Nichlemn

« on: January 14, 2015, 07:24:40 PM »

Coming 2nd or better in the primaries. The idea that he needs to become President to avoid embarrassment is nonsense. It's really, really hard to become President, and getting a major party nomination is far better than what the vast majority of politicians achieve.
Nichlemn

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 08:44:11 PM »

Coming 2nd or better in the primaries. The idea that he needs to become President to avoid embarrassment is nonsense. It's really, really hard to become President, and getting a major party nomination is far better than what the vast majority of politicians achieve.

You act as if the guy has never run before. The calculus is entirely different for someone who has already failed twice.

Hence "2nd or better", rather than say, "4th or better". Like I wouldn't say that someone like Gingrich had an "embarrassment" of a campaign, although I probably would if he'd been the Republican nominee before. If I'm Romney and I really want to be President, even if I think the chances of me eventually winning are less than 10%... that's not bad. It's much better odds than what many other hopefuls have every cycle. It's not an embarrassment to take those odds but fall a little short.
Nichlemn

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 11:05:11 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Rockefeller

Man, look at that loser. He had to hide away in shame at the embarrassment of losing three Republican Presidential primaries.
Nichlemn

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 03:22:19 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Rockefeller

Man, look at that loser. He had to hide away in shame at the embarrassment of losing three Republican Presidential primaries.

There is a difference, Rockefeller was not a dumb idiot like Romney.

I'm sure in the 2055 Atlas thread "Who was the most embarrassing Presidential candidate?", Mitt Romney will be at the top for being a "dumb idiot".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies