RNC set to open 7/18/2016; DNC the following week
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:20:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  RNC set to open 7/18/2016; DNC the following week
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RNC set to open 7/18/2016; DNC the following week  (Read 1525 times)
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2015, 07:16:46 PM »
« edited: January 23, 2015, 01:51:04 PM by Mr. Morden »

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/14/politics/rnc-sets-2016-presidential-convention-date/index.html
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 08:21:39 PM »

That'll be the earliest that either party has held their convention since the Dems in 1992.  It's also the first time since 2004 that we'll have one of the two parties hold their convention before the Olympics.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 01:23:33 AM »

That'll be the earliest that either party has held their convention since the Dems in 1992.  It's also the first time since 2004 that we'll have one of the two parties hold their convention before the Olympics.

No need to have the convention later any more since 9/11 lost its magic once the black Democrat had OBL killed.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 01:45:15 AM »

Good! Now me and my buddies know what days to protest these homophobic douchebags. Cheesy

Republicans aren't welcomed in Cleveland, and they screwed over the chance of us getting the DNC here. There's still the chance Columbus gets it, but not the same. :/
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 09:59:47 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 10:33:53 AM by Reaganfan »

Good! Now me and my buddies know what days to protest these homophobic douchebags. Cheesy

Republicans aren't welcomed in Cleveland, and they screwed over the chance of us getting the DNC here. There's still the chance Columbus gets it, but not the same. :/

As someone who lives in the suburbs of Cleveland, I hope you are aware...that there is almost no Democratic Party left in the state of Ohio.

The entire legislature is Republican. The Ohio House, the Ohio Senate, Governor, Attorney General, ect.

Even the Ohio Supreme Court is 6-1 conservative.

But go ahead and protest. This is America. I support your right to look like a goofball.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 10:35:17 AM »

People can still protest. I might be there, and that would be new for me. There will be plenty of GOP ideology to protest. I am even thinking of some placards...   
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 11:01:48 AM »

Dems and protesting /  looking like fools / geez nothing new there
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 11:10:58 AM »

As someone who lives in the suburbs of Cleveland, I hope you are aware...that there is almost no Democratic Party left in the state of Ohio.

The entire legislature is Republican. The Ohio House, the Ohio Senate, Governor, Attorney General, ect.

But go ahead and protest. This is America. I support your right to look like a goofball.

And 6 years ago the state was dominated by Democrats. What's your point?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 11:29:55 AM »

More than that, I hope he's aware that over-generalizing a large swath of people by calling all its members "homophobic douchebags" isn't becoming or productive.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 11:34:27 AM »

More than that, I hope he's aware that over-generalizing a large swath of people by calling all its members "homophobic douchebags" isn't becoming or productive.

I want them to keep doing this though. Because the more they do this, the more they risk the "Obama Coalition" becoming the "Rainbow Coalition" again.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 10:42:04 PM »

Btw, according to this story:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/7/71/303546/decision-looms-democrats-2016-convention-site

Democrats are trying to decide between two options for the timing of the DNC:

1) the week of July 25 (one week after the RNC)

2) the week of August 22 (just after the Olympics)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 11:03:36 PM »

I say August 22
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 01:27:18 AM »

The bigger TV audience would likely be before the Olympics. I would hope both conventions are out of the way by August. I don't care for them afterwards.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 02:50:07 PM »

Kasich easily carried Cuyahoga last year, and the OH Dem bench sucks in general....
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 12:59:46 PM »

I'm still trying to figure put how to be a delegate in this state...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 01:52:29 PM »

I don't think this is worth starting a whole new thread over, so I'll hijack this thread: The DNC has just announced that they will open the Democratic convention (location still TBD) on July 25th, the week after the RNC (and before the Olympics):

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/23/politics/democratic-national-convention-date-set/
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies