Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:42:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207814 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 11:04:33 PM »

Bushie,  the fact you fail to admit your life is in shambles, is part of the  reason you are in your current situation

Again, have I ever said things are perfect?  There's nothing wrong with looking at the bright side of life.  Things could be much better, but they could also be way worse.  I will say again, I have nothing to be ashamed of right now.  I have nothing to worry about.  If God be for me, who can be against me?

I honestly have to ask you, what do you consider "things are going bad?" Your parents being eating by wolves?

Among white American 30-39 yr old males born to middle class households, I'd say your quality of life is about 5th percentile.  Most of the people below you have terminal cancer and heroin addictions. Actually, some heroin addicts probably are above you.

Do you ever want to find love? Do you ever want to be not only independent of your parents but pay to buy them nice things? Do you ever want to feel healthy and not plagued with constant aches and pains?

It's all a matter of perception.  You cannot subjectively peg my life into a percentile and expect me to agree with it.  Life is not great, but it sure as heck not bad.  I am just a normal human being who happens to be unemployed at the present time due to no fault of his own.  I'm no better than that and no worse than that.  There's no other way to put it.  You can't make it look better than what it is and you can't make it look worse than what it is.

Smash, my life is not in shambles, but that doesn't mean I am content to leave it where it's at.  God loves me just I am, but loves me too much to leave me where I am.  He wants to see me reach my full potential and that's something I want, as well.  My faith has everything to do with it.  I can't do anything on my own.  I need His strength and guidance to carry me on, because without Him, my life would definitely be in shambles.  You ask me how I can say my life is not in shambles?  My answer is because God is in my life.  He makes everything new.  Don't judge me yet, He's still working on me.  Again, things could be much better than where they are now and I want to get there, but at the same time I cannot be ashamed with where my life is at right now at 8:45 pm CST Wednesday, January 14, 2015.  With God's help, I'll get there.  Without His help, I won't.  Simple as that.

The above is basicaally your problem in a nutshell.  God isn't going to do it for you, and yes your life is absolutely in shambles.  You can get out of it, but you need to do it YOURSELF, not God, but YOURSELF.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 11:08:08 PM »

Bushie,  the fact you fail to admit your life is in shambles, is part of the  reason you are in your current situation

Again, have I ever said things are perfect?  There's nothing wrong with looking at the bright side of life.  Things could be much better, but they could also be way worse.  I will say again, I have nothing to be ashamed of right now.  I have nothing to worry about.  If God be for me, who can be against me?

I honestly have to ask you, what do you consider "things are going bad?" Your parents being eating by wolves?

Among white American 30-39 yr old males born to middle class households, I'd say your quality of life is about 5th percentile.  Most of the people below you have terminal cancer and heroin addictions. Actually, some heroin addicts probably are above you.

Do you ever want to find love? Do you ever want to be not only independent of your parents but pay to buy them nice things? Do you ever want to feel healthy and not plagued with constant aches and pains?

It's all a matter of perception.  You cannot subjectively peg my life into a percentile and expect me to agree with it.  Life is not great, but it sure as heck not bad.  I am just a normal human being who happens to be unemployed at the present time due to no fault of his own.  I'm no better than that and no worse than that.  There's no other way to put it.  You can't make it look better than what it is and you can't make it look worse than what it is.

Smash, my life is not in shambles, but that doesn't mean I am content to leave it where it's at.  God loves me just I am, but loves me too much to leave me where I am.  He wants to see me reach my full potential and that's something I want, as well.  My faith has everything to do with it.  I can't do anything on my own.  I need His strength and guidance to carry me on, because without Him, my life would definitely be in shambles.  You ask me how I can say my life is not in shambles?  My answer is because God is in my life.  He makes everything new.  Don't judge me yet, He's still working on me.  Again, things could be much better than where they are now and I want to get there, but at the same time I cannot be ashamed with where my life is at right now at 8:45 pm CST Wednesday, January 14, 2015.  With God's help, I'll get there.  Without His help, I won't.  Simple as that.

The above is basicaally your problem in a nutshell.  God isn't going to do it for you, and yes your life is absolutely in shambles.  You can get out of it, but you need to do it YOURSELF, not God, but YOURSELF.

Nonsense.  I can do nothing without God.   Do not dismiss my faith as irrelevant.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2015, 11:27:52 PM »

Do not dismiss my faith as irrelevant.
The man raises a valid point.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2015, 11:28:14 PM »

If God was physically going to lift you to reach your full potential a) he'd have already done it and b) he'd need a reinforced crane.

Rewards in life only come through actions. Prisoners have immense faith in most cases, but they're not being magically teleported out of there and into cushy jobs and great lives. Most of the Christian third-world has immense faith, and they're rotting in their own filth no matter how hard many of them try. Fortunately, you live in the first world but the same rule applies: God isn't going to do anything for you that your fat ass won't do for yourself. Period.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2015, 11:30:58 PM »

Nonsense.  I can do nothing without God.   Do not dismiss my faith as irrelevant.

Bushie, I'm not dismissing your faith as irrelevant.  However, your situation isn't going to change if your answer for everything is God this and God that.  Seriously you sound like Inhoffe when he tried to explain why he didn't think Global Warming was real (because GOD...)

YOU need to do it, YOU need to make changes, YOU need to better yourself, YOU need to take better care of yourself.  The only one that will get you out of your current situation is YOU. 

I'm not trying to mock or dismiss your faith, but you need to realize, the one that controls you is YOU.  Until you get to that point, you won't have a chance in hell of having any type of financial Independence.  You won't have a chance in hell of taking the massive financial burden off your parents.  You won't have a chance in hell of not being a walking sitting heart attack waiting to happen
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2015, 11:50:46 PM »

Bushie, I'm not dismissing your faith as irrelevant.  However, your situation isn't going to change if your answer for everything is God this and God that.  Seriously you sound like Inhoffe when he tried to explain why he didn't think Global Warming was real (because GOD...)

YOU need to do it, YOU need to make changes, YOU need to better yourself, YOU need to take better care of yourself.  The only one that will get you out of your current situation is YOU. 

I'm not trying to mock or dismiss your faith, but you need to realize, the one that controls you is YOU.  Until you get to that point, you won't have a chance in hell of having any type of financial Independence.  You won't have a chance in hell of taking the massive financial burden off your parents.  You won't have a chance in hell of not being a walking sitting heart attack waiting to happen

Exactly - you think your faith is like a fast-track ticket through the airport security screen of life. It's not.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2015, 12:05:38 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 12:07:50 AM by King »

Bushie, you're the one supposed to be serving God. You're treating it the other way around.

"Bushie needs a job. Chop, chop, Lord."
"Oh, Jesus, I'm getting a little fat. How about you get off your butt and do a miracle for me?"
"Thanks for being a dear, King of Kings. You know I could have never done it without you! It's so hard to find good help these days!"
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2015, 12:30:44 AM »

This. Jeff, we're on repeat for the twentieth time here: relying on nothing but faith has seen you get five years older, 50 pounds heavier and more deeply in debt over the last half-decade. There's nothing wrong with faith as long as YOU are doing what it takes to succeed. In most cases, you don't.

In this little stint of unemployment, you should -- as morbid as it sounds -- imagine what would happen to you if your parents were killed tomorrow. Car crash. Boom. Dead in an instant. And there's no life insurance to be your safety net. You're on your own.

What would you have to do to survive? What would you have to do in terms of employment and basic life skills to get by on your own? Could you? Could you work a full-time job plus a part-time job to make ends meet? Could you lower your standards for base pay and accept something far more likely to have a semblance of permanence?

Is your health a hindrance to caring for yourself without help? If so, what are you doing to change it? No one is saying to magically change overnight; we're all saying start SOMETHING NOW. Enough planning. Enough talk. DO.

And if you go through this thought process and in no reasonable circumstance see yourself able to stand on your own two feet without ready, immediate help, then God help you indeed. Maybe he's made welfare and disability available for a divine reason, eh?

On an unrelated note: does OKC have Uber? You like to drive and have a phone with GPS. Why not stay in OKC and just drive for a living. You'd like that.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2015, 12:41:37 AM »

Wow, I can't believe no one's ever thought of Bushie becoming an Uber driver! That would be perfect for him! He might even have a "meet-cute" with a nice lady in the back seat of his car and settle down with her, start a family.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2015, 12:50:01 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 12:54:00 AM by smilo »

How ironic. I just spent the last 3 hours chanting Uber, and I got on camera for my sign mocking an opposing player for being an Uber driver. But enough about me, this is Bushie's show.

I think the position would suit him extraordinarily well. He certainly has enough stories to keep the passengers entertained. He's kept us entertained for years. So long as he keeps 2 things in mind, this could work:

1. I hope he doesn't speak as formally* as he types. I know people who speak in that exact way, and it's dreadful.
2. Do not talk about religion. Maybe Oklahoma is different, but I never want to hear about that. It's bad enough when I am the employee trying to be converted. The other way around with no way out is horrible.

*Formal may not be the right word, but just all the nonsense specifics and times and stuff.

Then again, Oklahoma's slower too so he may be able to get by with both of those.

At worst, it's something between jobs and he can continue doing it alongside another job should he find one - particularly a temporary one.

I know I'd use his services for sure.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2015, 12:54:12 AM »

I checked and it appears that Uber is in both OKC and Tulsa. I would think that OKC would be busier, but who knows.

I had a religious Uber driver once, and it was Uber-annoying (see what I did there?). I said something like, "Thank God," and he said, "So, I noticed you mentioned God there ..." Oy!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2015, 01:01:20 AM »

He could even continue to drive an Uber after he finds a job, to bump up all those inevitable full 24-hour work weeks to 40 hours.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2015, 01:26:30 AM »

How ironic. I just spent the last 3 hours chanting Uber, and I got on camera for my sign mocking an opposing player for being an Uber driver.

I do not know what any of this means.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2015, 01:39:58 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 01:48:33 AM by smilo »

How ironic. I just spent the last 3 hours chanting Uber, and I got on camera for my sign mocking an opposing player for being an Uber driver.

Sorry. Should've been clearer seeing how obscure that is out of context. I was at a basketball game. The student section viciously mocked the star player on the other team for being an Uber driver for literally 3 hours straight from warmups to final whistle even when he was on the bench. I came with a sign that said "Warm Up the Uber Car". I was quite surprised to see Uber also being mentioned on here - the component that makes up the other half of my life.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2015, 04:11:10 AM »

Sorry. Should've been clearer seeing how obscure that is out of context. I was at a basketball game. The student section viciously mocked the star player on the other team for being an Uber driver for literally 3 hours straight from warmups to final whistle even when he was on the bench. I came with a sign that said "Warm Up the Uber Car". I was quite surprised to see Uber also being mentioned on here - the component that makes up the other half of my life.

What's wrong with being an Uber driver?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2015, 04:56:27 AM »

Presumably, this is a private college.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2015, 07:50:51 AM »

Nothing at all. It's just about getting in your opponent's head. He promotes the fact so much and got it published everywhere including a Frontpage article on espn so we are going to distract him. He's a really nice guy who I absolutely love except when he plays us. Everything is fair game, and it worked very well. As I initially mentioned, I digress quite a bit. This is Bushie's thread.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2015, 08:16:12 AM »

Wouldn't Lyft be more appropriate for BushOK? You know, because of the mustaches.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2015, 08:57:49 AM »

Bushie won't consider driving for Uber, guys. Don't ask me why. He just won't do it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2015, 09:29:59 AM »

If God be for me, who can be against me?

Hmm.  Romans, right?

Well the facts indicate that for 20 seasons of Update that God is not for you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2015, 10:03:16 AM »

Hmm.  Romans, right?

That's a matter of interpretation, I guess.

I'm going to try to shift the conversation from the life in ruins talk to the actual job search.  It is true that they are both related, but I posted an update toward this new conversation topic last night, but everyone was too busy trying in vain to convince me my life is in shambles.  I'll share it again so it might gain some traction.  I applied for two jobs yesterday, both are drafting positions, of course, and they're both in Tulsa.  Also, one of my best friends at church is going to send out a mass text today to about 30 guys to see if anybody knows of any CAD jobs here in Oklahoma City that I might be qualified for.  I've got that "grassroots" effort in OKC now, and I've got those two applications in in Tulsa and a job fair next Thursday.  I'm going to spend the bulk of the day today job searching.  I'm going to try not to take a nap and I will keep my phone's volume up.  I'm also going to call the staffing agencies in Tulsa that I've applied with before and get them started looking.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2015, 10:36:57 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 10:40:55 AM by HockeyDude »

I checked and it appears that Uber is in both OKC and Tulsa. I would think that OKC would be busier, but who knows.

I had a religious Uber driver once, and it was Uber-annoying (see what I did there?). I said something like, "Thank God," and he said, "So, I noticed you mentioned God there ..." Oy!

Wow.  I would literally say "I'm an atheist, spare me" in the nastiest way possible as to not invite their almost assuredly pedestrian pre-programed response to the word "atheist".  Not that I would do that to anyone, but there is something so irritating about a person who would try to parlay an utterance of "oh god" into a diatribe about their religion.    
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2015, 11:37:36 AM »

Bushie, what about our suggestion to start ubering?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2015, 11:38:50 AM »

Hmm.  Romans, right?

That's a matter of interpretation, I guess.

I'm going to try to shift the conversation from the life in ruins talk to the actual job search.  It is true that they are both related, but I posted an update toward this new conversation topic last night, but everyone was too busy trying in vain to convince me my life is in shambles.  I'll share it again so it might gain some traction.  I applied for two jobs yesterday, both are drafting positions, of course, and they're both in Tulsa.  Also, one of my best friends at church is going to send out a mass text today to about 30 guys to see if anybody knows of any CAD jobs here in Oklahoma City that I might be qualified for.  I've got that "grassroots" effort in OKC now, and I've got those two applications in in Tulsa and a job fair next Thursday.  I'm going to spend the bulk of the day today job searching.  I'm going to try not to take a nap and I will keep my phone's volume up.  I'm also going to call the staffing agencies in Tulsa that I've applied with before and get them started looking.

Not taking a nap and keeping your phone's volume up? So much more a senior citizen than a man in his prime ...

Look into Uber, Jeff.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2015, 12:03:13 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2015, 12:44:39 PM by memphis »

Wow.  I would literally say "I'm an atheist, spare me" in the nastiest way possible as to not invite their almost assuredly pedestrian pre-programed response to the word "atheist".  Not that I would do that to anyone, but there is something so irritating about a person who would try to parlay an utterance of "oh god" into a diatribe about their religion.    
When I was in 10th grade I had an extremely uptight/Christian/strict English teacher. This was the one teacher in the entire school you really did NOT want to start anything with. She was also one of the best teachers in the school, for what it's worth. Anyhow, the class mascot/clown, who was unbelievably funny, also happened to be in that class with me. He was giving some sort of presentation in front of the whole class when he had a brain fart and couldn't remember what he was supposed to say. All of a sudden, under his breath but clearly audible he said to himself in frustration  "JesusChrist!" It was the most awkward experience I can remember about all of high school, and it wasn't even about me. Teacher gave him a serious tongue lashing. I will never forget it. But yet, I would still rather have had her for a teacher, than some new age hippie type who wanted to be everybody's friend. At the end of the day, her belief system was crazy, but she was damn good at her job.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies