Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:54:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208380 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: January 22, 2015, 09:03:13 AM »
« edited: January 22, 2015, 11:41:38 AM by memphis »

We don't have old fashioned meat markets close by so Walmart is as good as we can do.
No, WalMart is not the best grocery for meat. They don't even have a meat counter, just some refrigerated bins. Seriously, I want you to check out The Fresh Market while you are in Tulsa. You don't have to buy anything as they can be a bit pricey, but I want you to see what a nice grocery looks like. Don't worry. It doesn't have any of the Whole Food hippie vibe. It's just a pleasant place to be, something WalMart is certainly not.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #476 on: January 22, 2015, 09:12:00 AM »

You all missed the fact that I ate at a mom and pop instead of a big chain.  Instead, I got bashed over the head because it's fried chicken.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #477 on: January 22, 2015, 09:35:43 AM »

You all missed the fact that I ate at a mom and pop instead of a big chain.  Instead, I got bashed over the head because it's fried chicken.

I only care that you eat vegetables and work at a job you won't get fired from. Everything else is BS.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #478 on: January 22, 2015, 09:59:54 AM »

I'm sorry how rude!

Let's give a big round of applause for helping a small business! Don't you monsters know good news when you read it!

Oh... IT'S FRIED CHICKEN! Was there even a plant-based element that wasn't just fibrous material held together with fat?

No, you aren't getting congratulated for that and you should be bashed over the head for another set of decisions that are so obviously terrible.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #479 on: January 22, 2015, 10:04:00 AM »

I'm sorry how rude!

Let's give a big round of applause for helping a small business! Don't you monsters know good news when you read it!

Oh... IT'S FRIED CHICKEN! Was there even a plant-based element that wasn't just fibrous material held together with fat?

No, you aren't getting congratulated for that and you should be bashed over the head for another set of decisions that are so obviously terrible.

Green Beans w/Bacon is on the menu... perhaps there is hope?

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #480 on: January 22, 2015, 10:41:25 AM »

It is time to head to the job fair.  Then, a meeting with another recruiter.

I just had a phone call that may bring me right back up to Tulsa tomorrow for a possible CAD interview.  Stay tuned!!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #481 on: January 22, 2015, 10:51:08 AM »

i also assume that bushie has not 'scaled back' the unnecessary super duper cable package in the unnecessary apartment?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #482 on: January 22, 2015, 11:45:29 AM »

The Fresh Market
8015 S. Yale Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74136

Go check it out before you leave town. They have a lot of prepared things too. You could get lunch there too. Go see what a nice grocery store looks like. One that doesn't see Doritos. It could change your life.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #483 on: January 22, 2015, 12:07:26 PM »

We don't have old fashioned meat markets close by so Walmart is as good as we can do.
No, WalMart is not the best grocery for meat. They don't even have a meat counter, just some refrigerated bins. Seriously, I want you to check out The Fresh Market while you are in Tulsa. You don't have to buy anything as they can be a bit pricey, but I want you to see what a nice grocery looks like. Don't worry. It doesn't have any of the Whole Food hippie vibe. It's just a pleasant place to be, something WalMart is certainly not.

As far as steaks go, they do have New York strips (choice) that are reasonable as far as price and of really good quality. That's about it as far as meat goes, though. I mean, chicken breasts in bulk, but there's no fish and we get our pork elsewhere.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #484 on: January 22, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »

Oh, that's right. He lived in Utah for awhile.

I remember way, way back when Our Dear Friend was deciding on where to live between Oklahoma and Montgomery county, PA! Oh, how fun the latter would have been...

First order of business for Gov. Wolf: sign an executive order banning Bushie from entering.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #485 on: January 22, 2015, 12:51:12 PM »

I am home from the job fair and the meeting with the recruiter.  The job fair was largely a bust.  I only was able to talk to one employer which I'm not expecting much from.  However, right before I left this morning, I got a call from a recruiter here in Tulsa alerting me to a potential entry-level Mechanical Drafting job near downtown Tulsa.  She asked me to send her an updated resume and references and she would call my references today and talk to her account manager.  I may have an interview with this company either tomorrow or more likely Monday.  So, there is a chance I may have to make my move back to Tulsa either tomorrow or even late tonight if I get an interview early in the morning.  She is going to try to get me an interview on Monday because of the move, but I told her I can interview tomorrow if it makes a difference.  So, things are definitely percolating in the job market!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #486 on: January 22, 2015, 01:06:56 PM »

So, things are definitely percolating in the job market!

Indeed!

http://www.indeed.com/q-Grocery-Store-l-Tulsa,-OK-jobs.html
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #487 on: January 22, 2015, 01:13:28 PM »

Bushie would really like Whole Foods if he gave it a try. Everything is significantly more expensive, a huge plus. Their hotbar is loaded with prepapred "home cooked" meals like mac and cheese and fried chicken, another plus.

He can also continue to not eat healthy but brag about how he's switched to organic cheeseburgers and all-natural chocolate chip cookies.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #488 on: January 22, 2015, 01:16:43 PM »

What's up with all the shady recruiters? They don't ever send you to a good job. Why can't you find a job for yourself?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #489 on: January 22, 2015, 01:38:39 PM »

i also assume that bushie has not 'scaled back' the unnecessary super duper cable package in the unnecessary apartment?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #490 on: January 22, 2015, 02:02:56 PM »

How is your non-deadbeat brother doing? He lives in New York, right? What does he do again?

He's doing fine.  I'm not exactly sure what he does, but he is working and enjoying it.  Yes, he lives in far northern New York near Plattsburgh.

How can you not know what he does? That's always baffled me ... spouses, parents or siblings who don't know what those closest to them do. It seems quite common.

one thing we do know is that the brother bushie seems to have his act together.  he doesnt need to go sponge off a 90 year old woman.

he likely keeps his distance from the choctaw/okc branch of the brown family.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #491 on: January 22, 2015, 05:19:25 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2015, 05:25:25 PM by Kushahontas »

You all missed the fact that I ate at a mom and pop instead of a big chain.  Instead, I got bashed over the head because it's fried chicken.

I'm sorry how rude!

Green Beans w/Bacon is on the menu... perhaps there is hope?

Are those prices for the "snak-paks" serious? Nothing like paying nearly 6 bucks for something that costs less than $1.25 at Popeye's (where it is mixed and not 'all dark'). What the hell is going on in Oklahoma?

Also, shout out to a salad which contains fried chicken and "hillbilly ranch"
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #492 on: January 22, 2015, 05:26:50 PM »

I really love the episodes where we learn about the Oklahoman culture.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #493 on: January 22, 2015, 05:28:43 PM »

God all of that looks great. I'm sad I can't eat stuff like that on my new diet.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #494 on: January 22, 2015, 05:33:23 PM »

My favorite part is how the Oklahoman word for salad is "green stuff" and it is even more unhealthy than the rest of the food!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #495 on: January 22, 2015, 05:34:47 PM »

Their salads look worse for you than the fried chicken. I'd just have to skip eating there. Someday I hope to visit Oklahoma so I can experience life in the greatest state in America
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #496 on: January 22, 2015, 05:57:00 PM »

Don't forget the P-Can Pie.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #497 on: January 22, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »

no answer on the scaling back of the cable package.

im guessing that is crazy talk to suggest such a thing.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #498 on: January 22, 2015, 06:16:24 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2015, 06:25:59 PM by memphis »

A lot of businesses in the South like to play up the hillbilly thing. They think it's cute. This is especially true of restaurants. When I was a kid, there was a regional chain of restaurants called Po' Folks. Your drinks were served in mason jars. The tablecloths had a bright plaid pattern. You get the idea. It's just a gimmick. There's a store near me that sells fireplaces, grills, lawn patio furniture and such and their radio ads have the most over the top faux hillbilly voice. I guess it's supposed to be folksy and endearing.
EDIT: After googling, it appears there are still a few Po' Folks left in Florida. Here's the children's menu just for a glimpse of how over the top this place was.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #499 on: January 22, 2015, 07:03:31 PM »

Wow... that's what people feed their children?!

I hope Child Services is watching it like a hawk.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies