Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:22:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208375 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: January 29, 2015, 04:24:59 PM »

Are you watching the NFL Network daily, or the pedestrian ESPN?

ESPN
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #901 on: January 29, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »

Ids your TV on from morning till night?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #902 on: January 29, 2015, 05:10:13 PM »

Not continually and not on the same channel.  I normally turn my TV off after the Noon News at 1300 so I can focus on the job search or emails or such and then turn it back on around 1500, so I can catch a little Super Bowl news before the evening news comes on at 1600.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #903 on: January 29, 2015, 05:18:06 PM »

I have been reading some on the company's website and getting an idea of what the company does.  I've asked for a job description, so I'm hoping she sends me an email with it before she leaves for the day.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #904 on: January 29, 2015, 05:31:16 PM »

Why won't you vote for Inhofe? Not socially conservative enough?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #905 on: January 29, 2015, 05:31:40 PM »

It isn't so much about the distance of commute as it is the time it takes to complete it. At least people in New York have the excuse that they can't afford to live closer in. Not that having a long commute there isn't a terrible way to live also, but in a town like Tulsa or Memphis, it makes no sense at all, especially for somebody who doesn't have to worry about public school district boundaries. Anything more than 15 minutes is just self-imposed sadism.

When we moved to Kansas City, we looked at housing that was closer for either me or my partner for where we need to be during the day. He has a five-block commute while I've got a 12-mile drive. But location and proximity was certainly a consideration when we were moving here.

Jeff, if you find a job in Tulsa, would you consider allowing your lease to run out and finding an apartment closer to work when the time is right?

Meh, Tulsa's a compact enough city that 18 miles is about as high as it would go.  Mind you, I'm going from the far east end of town to the far west end of town.

So, with this position you're currently looking at, you'd be driving the maximum possible distance each day.

The question is, if you found a job before the end of March in Tulsa that is on the opposite side of the city, would you consider find something closer to your job? Maybe it's six of one, half-dozen of the other ... your self-imposed moving costs may cancel out any short-term savings on travel costs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #906 on: January 29, 2015, 05:40:36 PM »

I've never liked his politics.  I'm conservative, but he's too conservative even for me.  I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I just don't like his politics.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #907 on: January 29, 2015, 06:29:43 PM »

Since I have to be up relatively early tomorrow (0700), I am only going to watch one NBA game tonight - Nuggets vs. Grizzlies on TNT from 1900-2130.  After the game, I will watch the news until 2230, then read my Bible and get myself mentally prepared for the interview from 2230-2315 and then go to bed by 2330.  My alarm is set for 0700 tomorrow and I'll leave at 0830-0835 so I can get to the interview about 10 minutes before they want me there.  The interview starts at 0930 and she wants me there by 0915, so I'll plan to be there by 0900-0905 so I can have some time to collect my thoughts.  I will be in the interview about an hour, so I expect to be home shortly after 1100 tomorrow morning.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #908 on: January 29, 2015, 06:54:27 PM »

Good Thursday Morning.  Even though I have an interview tomorrow, naturally I'm going to continue the job search today.  An interview is not a job.  In about 10 minutes, I'm going to drive to find the company before I have to find it tomorrow.  Yes, I have my GPS and I have always been very good with maps, but I am a visual learner and I do better when I've been to the actual location before I have to go there.  It may seem like a waste of money and time, but I've found this is something that works for me.

lol

So are we still pretending Bushie doesn't have serious mental health issues? Because I don't see how you can read that post and not think so.

I have mental issues for being a visual learner?  I don't get the correlation.

It's not how you're learning per se, it's what you're trying to learn that raises eyebrows.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #909 on: January 29, 2015, 06:56:27 PM »

I've never liked his politics.  I'm conservative, but he's too conservative even for me.  I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I just don't like his politics.

How is Inhofe bad but Sally Kern good?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #910 on: January 29, 2015, 07:01:28 PM »

How is Inhofe bad but Sally Kern good?

I like Sally Kern as a person.  I do not like her politics.  A person's likability is not tied to his or her politics.
Panda Express

« Reply #911 on: January 29, 2015, 07:03:31 PM »

Since I have to be up relatively early tomorrow (0700), I am only going to watch one NBA game tonight - Nuggets vs. Grizzlies on TNT from 1900-2130.  After the game, I will watch the news until 2230, then read my Bible and get myself mentally prepared for the interview from 2230-2315 and then go to bed by 2330.  My alarm is set for 0700 tomorrow and I'll leave at 0830-0835 so I can get to the interview about 10 minutes before they want me there.  The interview starts at 0930 and she wants me there by 0915, so I'll plan to be there by 0900-0905 so I can have some time to collect my thoughts.  I will be in the interview about an hour, so I expect to be home shortly after 1100 tomorrow morning.

Basketball too? What sports don't you watch?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #912 on: January 29, 2015, 07:05:18 PM »

Basketball too? What sports don't you watch?

I don't watch tennis, soccer, and only rarely watch golf.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #913 on: January 29, 2015, 08:00:48 PM »

"Superbowl news"?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #914 on: January 29, 2015, 08:20:06 PM »

Bushie is a visual learner. He needs to watch ESPN for a week before the SuperBowl to learn what teams are playing.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #915 on: January 29, 2015, 08:31:20 PM »

So Bushie "quits" Update for one day, so that he doesn't have to answer any of the uncomfortable questions, and then when he comes back, everyone just goes along with him and drops the uncomfortable questions?

Well, I won't fall for it.  I'll bring back the questions that were dropped when Bushie "left":

You wrote that in October.  Did you have your Grandma actually teach you to cook anything while you were living with her?

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I am going to try to eat better and start cooking for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend.  I'm going to start with the dishes I know, such as scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese (stove top kind), and spaghetti and then branch out into other dishes as time goes on.  I'm not going to set any kind of elaborate goal just yet, I want to get started first before I set my sights on loftier goals.

You wrote this more than a week ago.  Have you started doing this yet?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #916 on: January 29, 2015, 08:36:49 PM »

So Bushie "quits" Update for one day, so that he doesn't have to answer any of the uncomfortable questions, and then when he comes back, everyone just goes along with him and drops the uncomfortable questions?

Well, I won't fall for it.  I'll bring back the questions that were dropped when Bushie "left":

You wrote that in October.  Did you have your Grandma actually teach you to cook anything while you were living with her?

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I am going to try to eat better and start cooking for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend.  I'm going to start with the dishes I know, such as scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese (stove top kind), and spaghetti and then branch out into other dishes as time goes on.  I'm not going to set any kind of elaborate goal just yet, I want to get started first before I set my sights on loftier goals.

You wrote this more than a week ago.  Have you started doing this yet?

Unfortunately, neither has happened.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #917 on: January 29, 2015, 08:38:59 PM »

So, you didn't help Grandma cook at all?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #918 on: January 29, 2015, 08:40:11 PM »

So, you didn't help Grandma cook at all?

I helped when I could, but mostly she already had supper ready when I got home.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #919 on: January 29, 2015, 08:57:03 PM »

Well, I won't fall for it.  I'll bring back the questions that were dropped when Bushie "left":

You wrote that in October.  Did you have your Grandma actually teach you to cook anything while you were living with her?

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I am going to try to eat better and start cooking for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend.  I'm going to start with the dishes I know, such as scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese (stove top kind), and spaghetti and then branch out into other dishes as time goes on.  I'm not going to set any kind of elaborate goal just yet, I want to get started first before I set my sights on loftier goals.

Have you made your own dinner at all this week, or have you been eating out every night?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #920 on: January 29, 2015, 09:13:33 PM »

Have you made your own dinner at all this week, or have you been eating out every night?

I thought I just answered that, but unfortunately I have been eating out.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #921 on: January 29, 2015, 09:21:00 PM »

OK.  Why don't you make your own dinner tomorrow night?  You said you bought the groceries, right?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #922 on: January 29, 2015, 09:25:23 PM »

OK.  Why don't you make your own dinner tomorrow night?  You said you bought the groceries, right?

I might do that.  I know my parents are taking me out for Mexican food Saturday, but I haven't decided on tomorrow night, yet.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #923 on: January 29, 2015, 09:32:23 PM »

The ",yet." Bushie always puts at the end of things he definitely will NOT be doing is one of my favorite things.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #924 on: January 29, 2015, 09:54:37 PM »

I really don't know what I'm doing tomorrow evening for supper.  I guess it kind of depends on how I feel after my interview.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies