Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:02:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208057 times)
J-Mann
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: January 29, 2015, 09:55:52 PM »

I really don't know what I'm doing tomorrow evening for supper.  I guess it kind of depends on how I feel after my interview.

As always, Jeff, planning or hope or maybes without execution is total BS. I'm not sure why you wasted the money on groceries if you never have any intention of doing anything with them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #926 on: January 29, 2015, 10:06:11 PM »

I really don't know what I'm doing tomorrow evening for supper.  I guess it kind of depends on how I feel after my interview.

As always, Jeff, planning or hope or maybes without execution is total BS. I'm not sure why you wasted the money on groceries if you never have any intention of doing anything with them.

I can see what you're saying, but I think where the problem comes in, I dread cooking for just one person, so I take the easy way out and grab a burger or order pizza.  If I can get over or get around that dread, I'd be in a lot better shape and probably be a fair amount slimmer.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #927 on: January 29, 2015, 10:19:18 PM »

New method of torture: spend a night with the Brown squad after Mexican.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #928 on: January 29, 2015, 10:31:22 PM »

New method of torture: spend a night with the Brown squad after Mexican.

There's torture, then there's inhumane.  You've hit the inhumane button. Tongue
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #929 on: January 29, 2015, 10:34:23 PM »

I really don't know what I'm doing tomorrow evening for supper.  I guess it kind of depends on how I feel after my interview.

I can see what you're saying, but I think where the problem comes in, I dread cooking for just one person, so I take the easy way out and grab a burger or order pizza.  If I can get over or get around that dread, I'd be in a lot better shape and probably be a fair amount slimmer.

So, a baseless assumption stops you from cooking at home, thus eating better, thus being healthier, thus losing weight, thus being more attractive to employers, thus landing a job, thus staying healthy, thus keeping a job ... ad infinitum.

Get over it. Eat some leftovers the next day. Otherwise, you're telling the Forum (which will judge you quite harshly for this) that you again "planned" to the degree that you actually purchased food which will subsequently go to waste because you're too lazy to do anything with it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #930 on: January 29, 2015, 10:35:14 PM »

I can see what you're saying, but I think where the problem comes in, I dread cooking for just one person, so I take the easy way out and grab a burger or order pizza. 

Are you actually cool with cooking for two people, or do you just dread cooking in general?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #931 on: January 29, 2015, 10:38:50 PM »

I can see what you're saying, but I think where the problem comes in, I dread cooking for just one person, so I take the easy way out and grab a burger or order pizza.  If I can get over or get around that dread, I'd be in a lot better shape and probably be a fair amount slimmer.

So, a baseless assumption stops you from cooking at home, thus eating better, thus being healthier, thus losing weight, thus being more attractive to employers, thus landing a job, thus staying healthy, thus keeping a job ... ad infinitum.

Get over it. Eat some leftovers the next day. Otherwise, you're telling the Forum (which will judge you quite harshly for this) that you again "planned" to the degree that you actually purchased food which will subsequently go to waste because you're too lazy to do anything with it.

I know it's an irrational dread, but that's just one of many that I have that keep me from living like a normal human being.  I don't feel like going into the others tonight, but you don't need to judge me (and I don't think you are) for these irrational fears and dreads.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #932 on: January 29, 2015, 10:45:40 PM »

I know it's an irrational dread, but that's just one of many that I have that keep me from living like a normal human being.  I don't feel like going into the others tonight, but you don't need to judge me (and I don't think you are) for these irrational fears and dreads.

It just lends some credence to your "irrational fears and dreads" being more than normal parts of life. I don't like cooking for one person, either. I do it when I'm alone because it saves an enormous amount of money, I actually eat better as a result and I have food for the next day. There are positives, and even though sometimes I don't like having leftovers or just don't feel like cooking, I usually cook for myself.

You're letting admitted irrational fears get in the way of you living normally, being healthier and saving money. This is why many on here hint at mental issues.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #933 on: January 29, 2015, 11:02:05 PM »

I know it's an irrational dread, but that's just one of many that I have that keep me from living like a normal human being.

"One of many that I have that keeps me from living like a normal human being"?  Haven't you repeatedly dismissed the suggestions from others that you see some type of mental health professional because you said you don't need it?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #934 on: January 29, 2015, 11:02:57 PM »

Just cook a week's worth of food at a time. That's what I do. I eat by myself usually at least 4 days a week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #935 on: January 29, 2015, 11:05:19 PM »

I know it's an irrational dread, but that's just one of many that I have that keep me from living like a normal human being.

"One of many that I have that keeps me from living like a normal human being"?  Haven't you repeatedly dismissed the suggestions from others that you see some type of mental health professional because you said you don't need it?

I'm not admitting mental illness and I do live like a normal person in most respects.  It's just a few things that I don't do because of a dread or fear.  Normal people have paralyzing 'phobias' for lack of a better term and no one counts them as among the mentally ill.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #936 on: January 29, 2015, 11:16:24 PM »

No I'm pretty sure if one has a "paralyzing phobia," then one is mentally ill...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #937 on: January 29, 2015, 11:21:53 PM »

I don't have any paralyzing phobias, am not morbidly obese, nor chronically unemployed. I don't need to stalk potential employers for visual learning either.

I guess I'm not normal. Sad
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #938 on: January 29, 2015, 11:25:25 PM »

I'm not admitting mental illness and I do live like a normal person in most respects.  It's just a few things that I don't do because of a dread or fear.  Normal people have paralyzing 'phobias' for lack of a better term and no one counts them as among the mentally ill.

If you have any sort of paralyzing fear, that's not really normal. Sure, people may be afraid of heights or public speaking, but those aren't everyday encounters for most. Cooking food for one ... that's a strange paralyzing phobia.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #939 on: January 29, 2015, 11:28:10 PM »

Bushie, is your avoidance of broccoli, spinach, and tomatoes part of a paralyzing fear or just general distaste?
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #940 on: January 29, 2015, 11:28:27 PM »

No I'm pretty sure if one has a "paralyzing phobia," then one is mentally ill...

Exactly. Mental illness does not mean that you are a raving lunatic who believes himself to be Napoleon that needs to be institutionalized. A phobia that hinders your life, like in this case where you are 300 pounds but refuse to cook for yourself even though it may help you, is not normal (and this is certainly not your only absurd behaviour, as we all know). People who have irrational phobias usually go to see a mental health professional, helping you with these sort of things is their job after all.

Fear of flying, fear of social interactions, etc are things that people don't want to have and they seek help to get better. The fact that you refuse to even consider seeing someone means that you have no interest in improving or getting better and you have accepted an early death from obesity related problems or somesuch.

Of course this is no big reveal, I'm pretty sure everyone reading these "seasons" has figured that much already.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #941 on: January 29, 2015, 11:32:25 PM »

Is the fear of cooking for one person just a manifestation of a deeper fear of being alone?

If so, why don't you start dating again or something? Then you can cook for two.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #942 on: January 29, 2015, 11:41:25 PM »

I got the solution... well, a full psychiatric eval is the solution, but solution for this particular phobia.

Bushie needs to purchase a slow cooker. A simple CrockPot can be had at the WalMart for about $20.

All he's got to do is dump all the ingredients in the pot, let it simmer for 4-8 hours depending on what it is and no worries. If he's too uh... paralyzed... he can go outside and walk around get some fresh air while it cooks.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #943 on: January 29, 2015, 11:42:19 PM »

i might need to make me some of uncle jack's mac and cheese, myself

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/uncle-jacks-mac-cheese

J-Mann
United States

« Reply #944 on: January 29, 2015, 11:48:34 PM »

I got the solution... well, a full psychiatric eval is the solution, but solution for this particular phobia.

Bushie needs to purchase a slow cooker. A simple CrockPot can be had at the WalMart for about $20.

All he's got to do is dump all the ingredients in the pot, let it simmer for 4-8 hours depending on what it is and no worries. If he's too uh... paralyzed... he can go outside and walk around get some fresh air while it cooks.

That's actually a phenomenal idea -- crock-pot meals are insanely easy to make, feed you for a week and typically taste good! Jeff -- I've got a "Lite Slow Cooker" cookbook, if you need meal recommendations.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #945 on: January 29, 2015, 11:52:50 PM »

That's actually a phenomenal idea -- crock-pot meals are insanely easy to make, feed you for a week and typically taste good! Jeff -- I've got a "Lite Slow Cooker" cookbook, if you need meal recommendations.

No no no.  This is too easy.  Jeff will have to find some reason that he can't do a crock-pot and needs to shove another month's worth of Braum's down his gullet.

Prove us wrong, Bushie.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #946 on: January 29, 2015, 11:57:29 PM »

Here's a nifty bacon cheeseburger recipe for Bushie to get started:

http://eatathomecooks.com/2014/06/slow-cooker-bacon-cheeseburgers.html
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #947 on: January 30, 2015, 12:08:24 AM »

We know where this is going.  Let's not up the disappointment by showing Bushie he can slow-cook bacon cheeseburger creations.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #948 on: January 30, 2015, 12:29:20 AM »

I love my slow cooker! I make really good chili and Indian food in it. I think Bushie could be persuaded to buy one fairly easily, but getting him to use it would, of course, be a different story.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #949 on: January 30, 2015, 09:08:12 AM »

Good morning, guys, I am not afraid of cooking, I just dread cooking for one.  I'll get past that and be fine.

I like the slow cooker idea.  I have thought of that before, but just haven't bought it, yet.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies