Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:21:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208216 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2015, 07:38:21 PM »

Well folks, here we are. It's the 20th season. What a ride it has been, am I right?

Anyway, this was the first time I held a forum vote over what the title of the season should be. It wasn't close. I may do this again in the future.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205690.0

Also here's some theme music to set the mood as requested by Memphis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_ibxFa2l4k

You deserve a break today, Bushie!
Panda Express

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 07:44:38 PM »

So, we're on the 20th season of this thing and BusOklahoma is single, unemployed and incredibly overwieght.... just like it was at the beginning. How depressing. No progress has been made.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 07:45:21 PM »

Great title, fantastic song! I have high hopes for this season.

I gotta say though, last season was expertly crafted, and I think my esteemed colleague and world-renowned executive producer Eraserhead should take full credit. He managed to keep the season going strong even after Bushie stopped posting on the forum forever for a week, before building us up to a great finale, by sprinkling a lot of foreshadowing and callbacks to past firings along the way. And there were a lot of great stand-alone episodes along the way! (Who can forget the "turkey wrap" episode? An instant classic!) I am excited to see where we go from here.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 07:45:53 PM »

So, we're on the 20th season of this thing and BusOklahoma is single, unemployed and incredibly overwieght.... just like it was at the beginning. How depressing. No progress has been made.

Actually in the first season he was about to go on a first date, employed at the gas company and like 50 pounds lighter...
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 07:47:25 PM »

Oh crap, this is the one where the Bears destroy New England.

Or if you're a wrestling fan, The one where everyone in the ring at the end dies.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 07:47:56 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2015, 07:52:21 PM by Charlotte Hebdo »

Also here's some theme music to set the mood as requested by Memphis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_ibxFa2l4k

"Daddy Pays the Bills"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWR92cv_wBE
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 07:50:08 PM »

Actually in the first season he was about to go on a first date, employed at the gas company and like 50 pounds lighter...

Without the Update though, he'd easily be 350 pounds by now, and under constant threat of getting raped by his cell mate Hairy Pete.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 07:52:35 PM »

Without the Update though, he'd easily be 350 pounds by now, and under constant threat of getting raped by his cell mate Hairy Pete.

This is true. Praise Update!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 08:01:48 PM »

I would also like to praise Update executive director, Eraserhead for his phenomenal work, and especially for granting my wish for an official Update theme song. You made my day. Interesting how you chose a McDonald's ad that was targeted at those people. Is it a nod to the episode where he worked at their call center? Is it foreshadowing further encounters in this season? It there a parallel being drawn between the African American experience and Bushie's exploits? Only time will tell. Again, Ehead, you're the best!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 08:06:55 PM »

Bushie,  the fact you fail to admit your life is in shambles, is part of the  reason you are in your current situation
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 08:18:16 PM »

When your parents are living in poverty you try and be such a prideful Christian.  You are pathetic and not worthy.  Their life is ruined thanks to you but keep being prideful. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 08:25:04 PM »

Yeah, he's regressed along all three dimensions in the past five years.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 08:29:59 PM »

Guys, you're too much! None of this would be possible without all of your fantastic contributions to this epic interactive narrative! Each and every one of you has helped turn Update into something truly unique, including the prolific contributions from the star of our show Mr. BushOklahoma!

By the way, what do you guys thing about this idea for an Update t-shirt:

Front: "FULL 24 HOUR WORK WEEK?"

Back: "YOU DESERVE A BREAK TODAY!"/Jeff munching on some delicious Braum's.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 08:32:01 PM »

ODF "good ability to take criticism" is going to be greatly tested in the coming days.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 08:45:56 PM »

In the interest of getting a better handle on just what in the world is going on up in Tulsa, I call on Jeff Brown to release his 2014 income tax returns upon their completion and filing. What is he hiding from the viewers?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 08:56:02 PM »

In the interest of getting a better handle on just what in the world is going on up in Tulsa, I call on Jeff Brown to release his 2014 income tax returns upon their completion and filing. What is he hiding from the viewers?
Meh, we all know Bushie made minimal income. That's not really all that surprising. What would offer better insight into the situation would be Papa's income statement. If Papa is pulling in substantially more money than we suspect, Bushie's leeching might not be so destructive. If they're just median income folks, it's obviously a whole different ball game.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 09:03:51 PM »

Bushie,  the fact you fail to admit your life is in shambles, is part of the  reason you are in your current situation

Useful addendum to this: admitting your life is in shambles is not a sign of weakness or permanent failure. It's the first step to getting on track and correcting your life.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 09:08:54 PM »

Again, have I ever said things are perfect?  There's nothing wrong with looking at the bright side of life.  Things could be much better, but they could also be way worse.  I will say again, I have nothing to be ashamed of right now.  I have nothing to worry about.  If God be for me, who can be against me?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 09:12:14 PM »

If God be for me, who can be against me?

Coherent grammar?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 09:15:06 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2015, 09:18:38 PM by King »

Bushie,  the fact you fail to admit your life is in shambles, is part of the  reason you are in your current situation

Again, have I ever said things are perfect?  There's nothing wrong with looking at the bright side of life.  Things could be much better, but they could also be way worse.  I will say again, I have nothing to be ashamed of right now.  I have nothing to worry about.  If God be for me, who can be against me?

I honestly have to ask you, what do you consider "things are going bad?" Your parents being eating by wolves?

Among white American 30-39 yr old males born to middle class households, I'd say your quality of life is about 5th percentile.  Most of the people below you have terminal cancer and heroin addictions. Actually, some heroin addicts probably are above you.

Do you ever want to find love? Do you ever want to be not only independent of your parents but pay to buy them nice things? Do you ever want to feel healthy and not plagued with constant aches and pains?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 09:16:39 PM »

Again, have I ever said things are perfect?  There's nothing wrong with looking at the bright side of life.  Things could be much better, but they could also be way worse.  I will say again, I have nothing to be ashamed of right now.  I have nothing to worry about.  If God be for me, who can be against me?

No, you haven't said that it  is perfectt, however you fail to admit how bad of shape you are in.  Your life is in shambles, and has no chance of getting better unless you admit to it.  This has nothing to do with God, you need to do it yourself.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 09:39:48 PM »

I honestly have to ask you, what do you consider "things are going bad?" Your parents being eating by wolves?

Among white American 30-39 yr old males born to middle class households, I'd say your quality of life is about 5th percentile.  Most of the people below you have terminal cancer and heroin addictions. Actually, some heroin addicts probably are above you.

Do you ever want to find love? Do you ever want to be not only independent of your parents but pay to buy them nice things? Do you ever want to feel healthy and not plagued with constant aches and pains?

It's all a matter of perception.  You cannot subjectively peg my life into a percentile and expect me to agree with it.  Life is not great, but it sure as heck not bad.  I am just a normal human being who happens to be unemployed at the present time due to no fault of his own.  I'm no better than that and no worse than that.  There's no other way to put it.  You can't make it look better than what it is and you can't make it look worse than what it is.

Smash, my life is not in shambles, but that doesn't mean I am content to leave it where it's at.  God loves me just I am, but loves me too much to leave me where I am.  He wants to see me reach my full potential and that's something I want, as well.  My faith has everything to do with it.  I can't do anything on my own.  I need His strength and guidance to carry me on, because without Him, my life would definitely be in shambles.  You ask me how I can say my life is not in shambles?  My answer is because God is in my life.  He makes everything new.  Don't judge me yet, He's still working on me.  Again, things could be much better than where they are now and I want to get there, but at the same time I cannot be ashamed with where my life is at right now at 8:45 pm CST Wednesday, January 14, 2015.  With God's help, I'll get there.  Without His help, I won't.  Simple as that.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 09:50:57 PM »

This has been floating around the facialbook. It reminded me of the Update.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 09:51:53 PM »

Jeff, tell us what you've done to...

1. Become healthier.
-How much exercise have you done?
-What did you eat today?

2. Achieve professional success.
-How much have you practiced CADD outside work?
-How much effort did you put into looking for permanent jobs while working at your recent temporary job that you already knew was temporary?

3. Achieve financial stability
-How much debt are you in today versus four years ago?
-What is your net worth today versus four years ago?

What have you done, Jeff? You can't name a single thing except constantly saying you'll try to intend to plan on doing things to improve yourself. Instead, you take a nap and then go to church. That is your life.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 10:51:15 PM »

I just spent the past 45 minutes applying for an entry-level AutoCAD Draftsman position.  It seemed longer than that, but it was only 45 minutes or so.  So far, that's two applications and a job fair.  My best friend at church, though, is going to send out a mass text tomorrow asking if anyone knows of any CAD jobs here in the Oklahoma City area.  I will be looking in Tulsa and he will be looking for me in Oklahoma City.  Tomorrow, I'm going to get the staffing agencies in Tulsa re-activated.  So, don't think I'm just sitting here idle.  I'm actively looking for a job even though it is late on a Wednesday night.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies