Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:53:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 209985 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2015, 10:27:47 PM »

Talking of which, what have you been eating lately? Still doing the turkey wraps/carrots etc? Have there been any Big Mac Attacks?

To be honest, I haven't been eating well at all.  We've settled for Braum's and Little Caesar's Pizza way too often.  I've kept up with the carrots, but not so much the turkey wraps.  Now that I don't have a job, who knows what lunches will look like and if they will even happen.  I am going to try my best to eat all three meals everyday, but we'll see.

Bushie, I'm not sure if you're a real person but you should seriously consider seeing a mental professional for the purpose of getting on a prescription medication that would help you get motivated and lose weight. I'm talking about Vyvanse or Adderall, of course.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2015, 10:29:11 PM »

Ha. A 32 year old is afraid to defy his parents on not staying around.

I'm not afraid to defy them, I just hate disappointing people.  To me, there is nothing more deflating and gut-wrenching than seeing the disappointment on a face that I love because of something I've done.  I have been accused by peers of being too nice of a guy.  I would rather let myself be a door mat than cause any kind of ripple in the waters.  I very rarely stand up for myself, to anyone.  When I do, I feel like the douchebag.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2015, 10:29:16 PM »

Conspiracy Theory #1: The Update Thread as an exhaustive psychological study designed to measure the mood/psychological states of Atlas posters based on how we react to Bushie.

Our Dear Friend is a Rorschach test: how you interpret his failings says more about you than him.

The second part is obviously true, which is what makes Update interesting.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2015, 10:42:09 PM »

If the family expects you to stick around for EIGHT DAYS to see relatives that you see four or five times a year, they're being selfish. If that's really how you feel, see them for a day or two and then leave. In all likelihood, they'll think more of you if you are trying to make it on your own. They're probably having private conversations like, "Can you believe that Jeff is STILL at home? What is he doing with his life? If that were me, I would be out looking for jobs or living my life and not mooching off the family."

You'll never know, because they'll be super-polite to your face and give you the impression they'd be hurt if you didn't stick around for their week-and-a-half visit.

Cut the cord, Jeff. Trust me, the family will be OK.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2015, 10:47:33 PM »

If the family expects you to stick around for EIGHT DAYS to see relatives that you see four or five times a year, they're being selfish. If that's really how you feel, see them for a day or two and then leave. In all likelihood, they'll think more of you if you are trying to make it on your own. They're probably having private conversations like, "Can you believe that Jeff is STILL at home? What is he doing with his life? If that were me, I would be out looking for jobs or living my life and not mooching off the family."

You'll never know, because they'll be super-polite to your face and give you the impression they'd be hurt if you didn't stick around for their week-and-a-half visit.

The only thing that will keep me around until January 25 is I have committed to teaching Sunday School at church the next two Sundays.  I want to honor that commitment, as it would be hard for them to find someone else to teach them so quickly.  After that morning service, I have no more 'obligations'.  I am thinking going back to Tulsa on the afternoon of January 25 is looking better and better.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2015, 10:57:17 PM »

I have applied for a couple more jobs tonight.  I am up to 6 applications and 1 job fair as of 2200 this evening.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2015, 11:45:56 PM »

The only thing that will keep me around until January 25 is I have committed to teaching Sunday School at church the next two Sundays.  I want to honor that commitment, as it would be hard for them to find someone else to teach them so quickly.  After that morning service, I have no more 'obligations'.  I am thinking going back to Tulsa on the afternoon of January 25 is looking better and better.

So quickly is 10 days from now. There's a Sunday service on the 18th where the preacher can ask if anyone wants to teach Sunday school on the 25th.

If you're not going to work, can you at least perform acts of charity like work at a soup kitchen?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2015, 11:50:13 PM »

Bushie, did you know that the average full time Uber driver makes $30,000 a year in fares and tips with some making as much as $90,000?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2015, 11:55:40 PM »

The only thing that will keep me around until January 25 is I have committed to teaching Sunday School at church the next two Sundays.  I want to honor that commitment, as it would be hard for them to find someone else to teach them so quickly.  After that morning service, I have no more 'obligations'.  I am thinking going back to Tulsa on the afternoon of January 25 is looking better and better.

So quickly is 10 days from now. There's a Sunday service on the 18th where the preacher can ask if anyone wants to teach Sunday school on the 25th.

If you're not going to work, can you at least perform acts of charity like work at a soup kitchen?

January 25 will be soon enough.  I do want to visit with the family quite a bit and not rush off too soon.  I don't need to stay all 8 days, but I can stay 4 or 5 days.

Are you meaning that I've given up on working?  Have you not been following my application count?  I can still look for a job in Tulsa even though I'm in OKC.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2015, 12:10:43 AM »

The only thing that will keep me around until January 25 is I have committed to teaching Sunday School at church the next two Sundays.  I want to honor that commitment, as it would be hard for them to find someone else to teach them so quickly.  After that morning service, I have no more 'obligations'.  I am thinking going back to Tulsa on the afternoon of January 25 is looking better and better.

January 25 will be soon enough.  I do want to visit with the family quite a bit and not rush off too soon.  I don't need to stay all 8 days, but I can stay 4 or 5 days.

Are you meaning that I've given up on working?  Have you not been following my application count?  I can still look for a job in Tulsa even though I'm in OKC.

I'm not saying you've given up on working. But it's pretty much guaranteed you will not be employed for the next 10 days, so maybe something constructive other than napping would be nice.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2015, 12:12:32 AM »

January 25 will be soon enough.  I do want to visit with the family quite a bit and not rush off too soon.  I don't need to stay all 8 days, but I can stay 4 or 5 days.

Are you meaning that I've given up on working?  Have you not been following my application count?  I can still look for a job in Tulsa even though I'm in OKC.

I'm not saying you've given up on working. But it's pretty much guaranteed you will not be employed for the next 10 days.

Oh I see.  You're right, that it's unlikely that I will be working anytime the next ten days.  However, I do have 6 apps in so far, so if I get an interview anytime next week, you bet I'll race up there for that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2015, 03:13:44 AM »

That's quite a typo!  You meant 'naps', of course.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2015, 03:54:03 AM »

Plus, I've got a bunch of men looking down here in Oklahoma City.

Shocked
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2015, 04:32:15 AM »

Update XXI: Bushie's "bunch of men"
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2015, 09:24:22 AM »

You all might, I repeat might, be proud of me:  My church friend (the one I went bowling with Thanksgiving weekend), knows I am looking for a job, so he sent me a Facebook post for an AT&T call center job fair this Saturday in NW Oklahoma City.  I laughed and moved on back to my CAD searching.  I gave it no consideration whatsoever.  I don't even remember the address except the street it was on.  I thank him for thinking of me, but I am done with call centers.

Wait wait wait.  Oklahoma has whole job fairs SPECIFICALLY for call centers?  I can't even...
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2015, 09:29:53 AM »

Bushie, is your very successful and financially independent brother flying in to Okie to fart around with company for days on end at Mommy and Daddy's house?  Oh wait... Of course he's not, because he's rude and doesn't care if he disappoints all of you.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2015, 10:43:11 AM »

You're being held at gunpoint or something?  Or maybe your parents are threatening to cut you off if you don't entertain the guests?

Yes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2015, 10:49:41 AM »

That's quite a typo!  You meant 'naps', of course.

No, I meant applications.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2015, 10:50:39 AM »

Bushie, is your very successful and financially independent brother flying in to Okie to fart around with company for days on end at Mommy and Daddy's house?  Oh wait... Of course he's not, because he's rude and doesn't care if he disappoints all of you.

Idiot...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2015, 10:52:10 AM »

You're being held at gunpoint or something?  Or maybe your parents are threatening to cut you off if you don't entertain the guests?

Yes.

You know good and well that's not what's happening.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2015, 10:52:49 AM »

Bushie, is your very successful and financially independent brother flying in to Okie to fart around with company for days on end at Mommy and Daddy's house?  Oh wait... Of course he's not, because he's rude and doesn't care if he disappoints all of you.

Idiot...

Man I wish I could read some of what Bushie's sister in law wrote, or know what she thinks.  She's an update hero.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2015, 10:55:34 AM »

Have you hit 290 yet?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2015, 11:00:38 AM »

I'm at 291 currently.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2015, 11:25:03 AM »

Only 9 pounds to go to the big 300! Go Bushie go!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2015, 11:27:49 AM »

Anyone got Xahar's chart?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 78  
« previous next »