Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:18:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207321 times)
Panda Express

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: January 17, 2015, 08:27:37 PM »

Let's see this couch. Post a picture of it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #226 on: January 17, 2015, 08:40:57 PM »

They must make them sturdier in Oklahoma to cater to their specific audience.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #227 on: January 17, 2015, 08:59:16 PM »

I just got a cupholder/recliner couch a few months ago. Not big like the pic. Just two super comfy seats with a console in between. I love it! Way more comfortable than the old, low three seater, where you'd never want to use all three seats due to lack of personal space.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #228 on: January 17, 2015, 09:14:27 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2015, 09:31:00 PM by 2015 Bushie »

I just got a cupholder/recliner couch a few months ago. Not big like the pic. Just two super comfy seats with a console in between. I love it! Way more comfortable than the old, low three seater, where you'd never want to use all three seats due to lack of personal space.

I've got a cup holder loveseat sitting in my Tulsa apartment.  It's quite comfortable and since the cup holders are in the middle, where a third seat would be, it allows for elbow space and adequate arm rests for the people on the end.  The loveseat also has a storage box underneath the arm rest in the middle which is a good place to store/hide the remote controls.

EDIT:  It looks like we're describing the same thing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #229 on: January 17, 2015, 09:48:30 PM »

6 1/2 days until I return to Tulsa. This will be a busy final week in the Choctaw/Harrah area. Monday, Mom and I will be going over to Grandma's and cleaning her house for her and I will finish getting the room I stayed in ready for my aunt who will be staying in there for 8 days starting Tuesday. Tuesday, I need to run by the post office and fill out a change of address form. Also, on Tuesday, my aunt and uncle will be coming into town. That night is also the 2015 State of the Union address to Congress by President Obama. Wednesday, we will have our first supper at 1700 and then I will immediately hit the road to Tulsa to get ready for my job fair on Thursday morning. Thursday is the job fair and then I will drive back to Choctaw for dinner. Friday will be my last dinner with my aunt and uncle until they come back through in March and then I plan on leaving for Tulsa to stay at 10:00 Saturday morning.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2015, 10:07:29 PM »

Tuesday, I need to run by the post office and fill out a change of address form.

No you don't.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2015, 10:14:45 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2015, 10:22:29 PM by 2015 Bushie »

I know I can do it online, but I don't like wasting a dollar just to verify my address.  I don't know why I don't like spending that dollar when I have no problem spending money most anywhere else, but I guess it's a strange quirk.

I guess it's not the dollar that I mind, it's just having to get up, get the credit card out of my wallet, inputting the information into the appropriate fields, then putting the credit card back up.  It's still totally illogical because the other alternative is getting up, putting my shoes on, grabbing the keys, getting in the car, driving to the post office, going inside, filling out a change of address form, getting back in the car, driving back home, etc.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #232 on: January 17, 2015, 10:46:21 PM »

Sleepover in the Train Room?

Of course, a mere sleeping bag would wreak havoc on Jeff's back. No doubt the Family Brown is making a trip to Wal-Mart to spend some money on an air mattress and electric air compressor.

Someone of Jeff's weight would destroy a fully inflated air mattress. Even me, at a normal weight, find myself waking up in a half-deflated mess with severe muscle aches every time I try sleeping on an air mattress.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2015, 10:46:59 PM »

That must be quite a sturdy couch. My ~200 pound brother used to sleep on the couch and caused huge dents in it.

The couch is several years old and hasn't shown any signs of stress due to weight.

Sounds an awful lot like yourself.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2015, 10:49:44 PM »

I know I can do it online, but I don't like wasting a dollar just to verify my address.  I don't know why I don't like spending that dollar when I have no problem spending money most anywhere else, but I guess it's a strange quirk.

I guess it's not the dollar that I mind, it's just having to get up, get the credit card out of my wallet, inputting the information into the appropriate fields, then putting the credit card back up.  It's still totally illogical because the other alternative is getting up, putting my shoes on, grabbing the keys, getting in the car, driving to the post office, going inside, filling out a change of address form, getting back in the car, driving back home, etc.

Plus, waiting until Tuesday means you don't have to do anything right now. And if there's one thing I've learned by reading update, it's that you love to talk about taking action way more than you like taking action.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: January 17, 2015, 10:51:47 PM »

Sleepover in the Train Room?

Of course, a mere sleeping bag would wreak havoc on Jeff's back. No doubt the Family Brown is making a trip to Wal-Mart to spend some money on an air mattress and electric air compressor.

Someone of Jeff's weight would destroy a fully inflated air mattress. Even me, at a normal weight, find myself waking up in a half-deflated mess with severe muscle aches every time I try sleeping on an air mattress.

This is all too accurate.  Air mattresses are just a touch better than the floor itself, but yeah, the mattress is more than half deflated and I'm popping the Aleve the next day like they're vanilla wafers.  That's a little exaggeration, but you get the picture.  I do have to take some Aleve almost immediately after I get up and then find myself a real bed very soon.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #236 on: January 18, 2015, 12:16:31 AM »

I know I can do it online, but I don't like wasting a dollar just to verify my address.  I don't know why I don't like spending that dollar when I have no problem spending money most anywhere else, but I guess it's a strange quirk.

I am convinced you are not real.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #237 on: January 18, 2015, 12:26:44 AM »

Always prefers the more expensive option.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #238 on: January 18, 2015, 12:32:27 AM »

goddamnnnn bushie
i hate using this but

"smdh"
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #239 on: January 18, 2015, 11:02:40 AM »

bushie majored in e-commerce, still refuses to do simple tasks online.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2015, 11:20:35 AM »

How much does gas to the post office cost? Sure gas is cheap now but Bushie also lives in the sticks currently.

Also Bushie could've probably done it in the time he took to write that post. And then there's how often he uses his credit card online for scams.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #241 on: January 18, 2015, 11:43:01 AM »

Flagged for trolling
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #242 on: January 18, 2015, 11:45:22 AM »

That's a really good point. Crazy! Maybe he's aware of some especially frightening internet security issues the rest of us don't know about. Or maybe he's just being Bushie. Sigh...
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #243 on: January 18, 2015, 02:02:48 PM »

Perhaps this was addressed in an earlier update but Mr. Brown, what type of car do you drive?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #244 on: January 18, 2015, 02:33:08 PM »

That's a really good point. Crazy! Maybe he's aware of some especially frightening internet security issues the rest of us don't know about. Or maybe he's just being Bushie. Sigh...

bushie also prefers paper job applications and paper pay checks instead of direct deposit.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #245 on: January 18, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »

Perhaps this was addressed in an earlier update but Mr. Brown, what type of car do you drive?
He has an 06 Sentra. A couple of days before his most recent firing, he indicated that he would like to buy a new car.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #246 on: January 18, 2015, 03:19:47 PM »

bushie also prefers paper job applications and paper pay checks instead of direct deposit.

I'll bet he's one of those people who spends 15 minutes paying at the grocery store because he insists on writing a check. And the 60+ year olds he routinely hangs out with tell him there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #247 on: January 18, 2015, 03:25:46 PM »

I prefer face to face communications, which is why I like to meet the employers and apply in person.  Most of the time, that's not available, so I have to submit an application online.

I have never said I prefer paper checks to direct deposit.  You made that up.  I like the convenience of direct deposit.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: January 18, 2015, 03:26:54 PM »

I'll bet he's one of those people who spends 15 minutes paying at the grocery store because he insists on writing a check. And the 60+ year olds he routinely hangs out with tell him there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

Wrong.  I only write a check to pay the rent.  I use my debit card and/or cash for everything else.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #249 on: January 18, 2015, 04:36:40 PM »

Jeff, show an ounce of sanity and do your change of address form online. I would guess that you've been "up" at some point today, so the burden of getting up to get your wallet is a moot point. You'll pay more in time and fuel costs by going to the post office to fill out a paper form than you will the the $1.00 confirmation charge.

I know you wanted to make your week sound "busy," but aside from cleaning a house, you don't have much going on. Work smarter, not harder -- fill out the form online and use that valuable time on Tuesday to build a LinkedIn profile, continue the job search or reach out to some professional connections.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies