Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:26:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208054 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: January 21, 2015, 12:48:24 AM »

Bushie, you need $15-20/hr for your lifestyle, but you're not worth $15-20/hr

Tough noogies.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #401 on: January 21, 2015, 01:11:42 AM »

Jesse, I am not putting down those who work lower paying jobs.  I know and realize their value is just as much as the higher paying jobs.  If I have to, I will work them, but it is far too soon in this job search expedition to give up on my career entirely.  There is nothing wrong in looking for modestly paying jobs of $12-$15 an hour that suit my budding career.  I found a $15 an hour job in October, so what makes anyone think I can't find that again and be successful at it, this time on a permanent basis?  I am not about to let a second school adventure (and with that another student loan) go down the toilet just because some internet guys think I should be working minimum wage and should primarily look for minimum wage jobs.  If the job search goes into March and April, then I might consider lower paying jobs, but it is far too soon now.  Heck, I haven't even moved back to Tulsa, yet.  Yes, I owe it to my parents to get out from under their checkbook as soon as possible, but I believe I owe it to them and myself more to not see us throw away $7,000 on a career-changing and career-saving school adventure that I gave up on far, far too soon.  I respect my parents and myself too much to do that.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #402 on: January 21, 2015, 01:20:45 AM »

If you respected them, you'd be doing something ... anything ... in the downtime between jobs, or working two to get out from under them sooner. Take a cashier job now, work it full time, transition it to part time when your CADD job comes along and work both to earn more faster.

That's drive. That's determination. That's follow-through. When crisis strikes, you act and you overcome. That's what real people do, Jeff, to earn those qualities you said you want. How much respect would you earn in your parents' eyes if you got off the couch, swallowed your pride and worked double shifts at a 7-11 to pay them back and applied for CADD jobs like a mad man during your off hours. Again, the issue is, you're never in crisis. You know that, no matter how many times you fail, mom and dad will be there to pay the bills. That's crippling any ambition you may actually possess.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #403 on: January 21, 2015, 01:26:30 AM »

If you respected them, you'd be doing something ... anything ... in the downtime between jobs, or working two to get out from under them sooner. Take a cashier job now, work it full time, transition it to part time when your CADD job comes along and work both to earn more faster.

Or Uber! Please sign up for Uber.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #404 on: January 21, 2015, 01:33:56 AM »

I'm curious as to what will happen to Bushie when Papa and Mama have passed. Will he finally go onto the government dole? Or maybe he won't even make it that long?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #405 on: January 21, 2015, 01:34:35 AM »

Presumably he will be buried alive alongside them, like the pharaohs of old.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #406 on: January 21, 2015, 04:07:15 AM »

Yes, I owe it to my parents to get out from under their checkbook as soon as possible, but I believe I owe it to them and myself more to not see us throw away $7,000 on a career-changing and career-saving school adventure that I gave up on far, far too soon.  I respect my parents and myself too much to do that.

LOL dude you last at an average job for like two months; go get a minimum wage job and by the time you find another premium employer to poach, you'll already be on thin ice at McDonalds or wherever anyway.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #407 on: January 21, 2015, 04:39:29 AM »

OMG JUST GO ON THE BIGGEST LOSER!!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #408 on: January 21, 2015, 06:05:40 AM »

It's truly bizarre how Bushie thinks he has to choose between having a job and applying for jobs. That's the underlying issue here.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #409 on: January 21, 2015, 08:25:52 AM »

Good morning, folks.  I went to bed at 0030, but I did not sleep well.  I kept thinking about Tulsa all morning long and could not shut my mind off long enough to get into a deep sleep.  I will take a nap today to counteract it.  I hate taking a nap during the week, but I have a 2 hour drive in the dark this evening between 1745/1800 and 1945/2000.  I know I'll catch some flack for this from the Update viewing audience, and perhaps some of it deserved, but I have nights/mornings like this.  What gets me, though, is this is the third night like this since Thanksgiving 2 months ago.  The only saving grace for this is I don't have to go to work today, so I can take a nap if I need to.  I may have gotten 3-4 hours of moderate sleep.  I never got into a deep sleep, but I was able to doze off and cat nap through the morning hours.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #410 on: January 21, 2015, 08:31:27 AM »

Thinking of the excitement of Tulsa would keep plenty of us awake. Don't be embarrassed!

As for not being able to shut your mind off for long enough...well...I'm going to let that one hang out here...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #411 on: January 21, 2015, 08:33:21 AM »

What aspect of Tulsa did you keep thinking about?  The healthy meals you'll be able to cook for yourself once you escape from the family dinners?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #412 on: January 21, 2015, 08:36:58 AM »

What aspect of Tulsa did you keep thinking about?  The healthy meals you'll be able to cook for yourself once you escape from the family dinners?

Probably the traffic, too.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #413 on: January 21, 2015, 08:45:45 AM »

Unfortunately, no, but I kept thinking of what all I have to do the second half of this week in both Choctaw and Tulsa to get myself set back up.  I was mentally putting timelines to everything from this morning through church time Sunday morning.  That should only take maybe 45 minutes to do, if that.  The problem is, my mind kept going over the same stuff over and over and over again.  It felt like the CD in my brain got stuck on a scratch and kept playing the same note over and over.  It also felt like my brain got stuck on a hamster wheel and could not get off until I got out of bed at 0600.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #414 on: January 21, 2015, 08:47:12 AM »

Maybe if you had less pop at dinner, you'd sleep better?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #415 on: January 21, 2015, 08:50:06 AM »

Funny you say that, I actually had unsweet tea with my dinner.  I ate at 1630 anyway, which was 8 hours before I went to bed at 0030, a full 1/3 of a day.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #416 on: January 21, 2015, 08:51:50 AM »

Funny you say that, I actually had unsweet tea with my dinner.  I ate at 1630 anyway, which was 8 hours before I went to bed at 0030, a full 1/3 of a day.

What did you have for dinner? That could explain the issues...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #417 on: January 21, 2015, 08:52:48 AM »

What did you have for dinner? That could explain the issues...

Taco Salad
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #418 on: January 21, 2015, 08:55:41 AM »

But seriously: can you imagine? Jillian Michaels would have a field day with his excuses and he'd quit the show after the second week due to "unfair and untrue attacks on his character".
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #419 on: January 21, 2015, 09:14:32 AM »

In case anyone's interested, for Family Dinner #2 tonight, we are having roasted chicken straight from the Sam's club or Walmart Deli!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #420 on: January 21, 2015, 09:20:20 AM »

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I am going to try to eat better and start cooking for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend.  I'm going to start with the dishes I know, such as scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese (stove top kind), and spaghetti and then branch out into other dishes as time goes on.  I'm not going to set any kind of elaborate goal just yet, I want to get started first before I set my sights on loftier goals.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #421 on: January 21, 2015, 09:22:49 AM »

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I am going to try to eat better and start cooking for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend.  I'm going to start with the dishes I know, such as scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese (stove top kind), and spaghetti and then branch out into other dishes as time goes on.  I'm not going to set any kind of elaborate goal just yet, I want to get started first before I set my sights on loftier goals.

NONE OF WHAT YOU SAID IS HEALTHY! YOU EPITOMIZE ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICA!!! Shocked How can you be so ignorant about your health? Macaroni and Cheese is a combo of fat and carbs, you need to eat 3 Veggies (cheese isn't a veggie) and a protein and exercise and stop making excuses!!! omg!!!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #422 on: January 21, 2015, 09:26:19 AM »

So, I should give up completely on CAD and go work at a grocery store?
How is this even a question? Yes, that is exactly what you should do. Take a job you have a chance of keeping. You might also learn a thing or two about food.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #423 on: January 21, 2015, 09:28:28 AM »
« Edited: January 21, 2015, 09:33:12 AM by NE Rep. Griffin »

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I am going to try to eat better and start cooking for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend.  I'm going to start with the dishes I know, such as scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese (stove top kind), and spaghetti and then branch out into other dishes as time goes on.  I'm not going to set any kind of elaborate goal just yet, I want to get started first before I set my sights on loftier goals.

Yeah, I know I've made fun of you before about this, but you really need to check your psychological leaks when you say you're changing; it's very revealing of your commitment level and always shows the inevitable outcome. You always say "I'm going to [verb]", "I will try to [verb]", "I need to [verb]", "I will start to [verb]" and even sometimes effectively a "I'm going to try to try". Change starts from within. Essentially, you always say "I'm going to think about doing this and might at some point in the future". Stop trying. Stop needing. Stop talking about what you will think about doing in the future. Start doing. Now, let's try this again:

This will sound like a broken record and probably will not be believed, which I can't blame, but I will eat better and cook for myself when I get up to Tulsa this weekend. I'll be cooking the dishes I know, such as scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese (stove top kind), and spaghetti (not this unhealthy sh**t) and then branch out into other dishes as time goes on.  I'm not setting any kind of elaborate goal just yet, I'll start first before I set my sights on loftier goals.

Furthermore, I think with respect to diet you just need to go cold turkey on all of this garbage you consume. Completely purge it from your life. Buy only actual healthy groceries that consist of raw ingredients and things that must be made from scratch, throw out the junk and give your parents all of your cards and cash that you'd otherwise use to splurge on garbage food when you feel the slightest inconvenience. Until you master impulse control, it's seriously going to take such an effort to make you successful. Not only will this keep you from failing, but you'll inevitably have to learn how to cook for yourself and the ability to consume vast amounts of food will be limited to some degree by the time/effort it takes for you to make it (as opposed to guzzling entire boxes of Little Debbies or whatever it is you eat).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #424 on: January 21, 2015, 09:28:52 AM »

NONE OF WHAT YOU SAID IS HEALTHY! YOU EPITOMIZE ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICA!!! Shocked How can you be so ignorant about your health? Macaroni and Cheese is a combo of fat and carbs, you need to eat 3 Veggies (cheese isn't a veggie) and a protein and exercise and stop making excuses!!! omg!!!

Lol, easy solo......there a probably 100 identical posts from our dear friend describing his version of "healthier".  He's be better of going to Braums and simply ordering better than he does now.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies