Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:21:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207839 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: January 22, 2015, 07:06:09 PM »

A lot of businesses in the South like to play up the hillbilly thing. They think it's cute. This is especially true of restaurants. When I was a kid, there was a regional chain of restaurants called Po' Folks. Your drinks were served in mason jars. The tablecloths had a bright plaid pattern. You get the idea. It's just a gimmick.

This, incidentally, also describes 50% of the restaurants in Williamsburg. Looks like everything has come full circle.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #501 on: January 22, 2015, 07:32:51 PM »

A lot of businesses in the South like to play up the hillbilly thing. They think it's cute. This is especially true of restaurants. When I was a kid, there was a regional chain of restaurants called Po' Folks. Your drinks were served in mason jars. The tablecloths had a bright plaid pattern. You get the idea. It's just a gimmick.

This, incidentally, also describes 50% of the restaurants in Williamsburg. Looks like everything has come full circle.
People in the South aren't doing to be ironic.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #502 on: January 22, 2015, 07:38:46 PM »

no answer on the scaling back of the cable package.

im guessing that is crazy talk to suggest such a thing.

Bushie answered a few pages back in a long post. Cancelling the cable package means "living like someone from the 1940s" and that he'd have to "sleep all day" with no entertainment.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #503 on: January 22, 2015, 07:40:42 PM »

Yeah Bushie prefers to sleep all day with entertainment on in the background.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #504 on: January 22, 2015, 08:45:35 PM »

I had a good time in Tulsa last night and today.  I am encouraged about a possible interview early next week.  I made it back to Grandma's at 1545 and then made it back to Mom and Dad's about 1830.  There is no family dinner tomorrow night, so I am free to go up to Tulsa basically anytime I want.  I'm too tired and it's too late to go tonight, so after I wake up in the morning, I've got to do a load of clothes and then I should be able to be on the road by 1000.  This will get me back to Tulsa by 1145 or 1200.  I will probably go by Walmart and get some groceries tomorrow afternoon so I can have stuff to eat this next week without having to go out to eat every night.  By going up there tomorrow, I can relax most of the day Saturday before going to the Sunday School Fellowship in Claremore, OK (NE suburb of Tulsa) at 1715.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #505 on: January 22, 2015, 09:02:26 PM »

What was for dinner?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #506 on: January 22, 2015, 09:08:00 PM »

Better call the folks at Guinness. That must be some sort of record.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #507 on: January 22, 2015, 09:10:16 PM »

Pork tenderloin
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #508 on: January 22, 2015, 09:27:14 PM »

When was the first time I was served water in a mason jar? It was at some trendy place in Midtown. I thought it was charmingly rustic at first. Now it is grating. Those exposed bulbs and fake brick (or real but equally artifical) wall at Dig Inn (have you been there?) also gets on my nerves. There's nothing endearing about false authenticity.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #509 on: January 22, 2015, 09:42:09 PM »

A lot of businesses in the South like to play up the hillbilly thing. They think it's cute. This is especially true of restaurants. When I was a kid, there was a regional chain of restaurants called Po' Folks. Your drinks were served in mason jars. The tablecloths had a bright plaid pattern. You get the idea. It's just a gimmick. There's a store near me that sells fireplaces, grills, lawn patio furniture and such and their radio ads have the most over the top faux hillbilly voice. I guess it's supposed to be folksy and endearing.
EDIT: After googling, it appears there are still a few Po' Folks left in Florida. Here's the children's menu just for a glimpse of how over the top this place was.

I read that entire menu in the voice of the housemaid from Tom and Jerry.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #510 on: January 22, 2015, 09:46:58 PM »

Wow... that's what people feed their children?!

I hope Child Services is watching it like a hawk.

I'm more worried about their future reading and writing skills.  Dear god what a horror...!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #511 on: January 22, 2015, 10:10:57 PM »

Wow... that's what people feed their children?!

I hope Child Services is watching it like a hawk.

I'm more worried about their future reading and writing skills.  Dear god what a horror...!

They won't be able to read because the diabeetus will have starved their retinas of blood and rendered them blind.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #512 on: January 22, 2015, 10:49:11 PM »

Everyone here is just a dirty liberal coast bubble who doesn't get why it's good that bubba feeds his kids this food. Read all about it here:

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #513 on: January 22, 2015, 11:15:07 PM »

Everyone here is just a dirty liberal coast bubble who doesn't get why it's good that bubba feeds his kids this food. Read all about it here:

It all makes sense now. The Huckabees are just the Arkansas branch of the Clan Bushie.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #514 on: January 23, 2015, 08:56:01 AM »

Good Friday Morning!  I slept well last night and I am ready for the big move day!  The way things are going, I should be able to be out of here by 0900 or shortly thereafter.  I've got a pretty good size headache this morning, so I will be taking some medicine in a few minutes, but that shouldn't hold me back from getting done what I need to today.  My hope is to be in Tulsa by 1100 or so.  I am going to do a little job search before I leave, though.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #515 on: January 23, 2015, 10:32:48 AM »

Good Friday Morning!  I slept well last night and I am ready for the big move day!  The way things are going, I should be able to be out of here by 0900 or shortly thereafter.  I've got a pretty good size headache this morning, so I will be taking some medicine in a few minutes, but that shouldn't hold me back from getting done what I need to today.  My hope is to be in Tulsa by 1100 or so.  I am going to do a little job search before I leave, though.

You probably have a tumor from all the unhealthy toxins that get pumped into Wallmart food.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #516 on: January 23, 2015, 11:05:37 AM »

I'm betting he stopped at the McDonalds on the OK turnpike.......Bushie?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #517 on: January 23, 2015, 11:16:07 AM »

You probably have a tumor from all the unhealthy toxins that get pumped into Wallmart food.

Don't be silly, he ate at a mom and pop store that one time. Don't you read?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #518 on: January 23, 2015, 12:07:35 PM »

Why waste time at McDonald's when you can wait another hour and a half, get all the way home, and treat yourself to Braum's?  I haven't gotten the Braum's, yet, but I am home and will be going right after the 1100 news to pay my February rent and get some lunch.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #519 on: January 23, 2015, 12:58:54 PM »

Came across on a HuffPo article from a year ago

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #520 on: January 23, 2015, 12:59:51 PM »

Why waste time at McDonald's when you can wait another hour and a half, get all the way home, and treat yourself to Braum's?  I haven't gotten the Braum's, yet, but I am home and will be going right after the 1100 news to pay my February rent and get some lunch.

Is Braum's featuring any seasonal specials, Bushie?  We can only hope they've dropped that 4-cheesed monstrosity in favor of faux-Caribbean/Hawaiian nonsense to get the minds off the cold.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #521 on: January 23, 2015, 01:01:43 PM »

Why waste time at McDonald's when you can wait another hour and a half, get all the way home, and treat yourself to Braum's?  I haven't gotten the Braum's, yet, but I am home and will be going right after the 1100 news to pay my February rent and get some lunch.

If you're going to wait that long, why not just make a lovely and healthy homemade meal?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #522 on: January 23, 2015, 01:02:28 PM »

Why waste time at McDonald's when you can wait another hour and a half, get all the way home, and treat yourself to Braum's?  I haven't gotten the Braum's, yet, but I am home and will be going right after the 1100 news to pay my February rent and get some lunch.

Is Braum's featuring any seasonal specials, Bushie?  We can only hope they've dropped that 4-cheesed monstrosity in favor of faux-Caribbean/Hawaiian nonsense to get the minds off the cold.

Whatever it is, it certainly must be some of that wholesome, good, healthy food that Bushie mentioned a couple of days ago and said he was going to try to possibly try thinking about eating at some point maybe once he got back to Tulsa!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #523 on: January 23, 2015, 01:15:00 PM »

Is Braum's featuring any seasonal specials, Bushie?  We can only hope they've dropped that 4-cheesed monstrosity in favor of faux-Caribbean/Hawaiian nonsense to get the minds off the cold.

No seasonal specials that I know of, although I get the same thing every time I go there.  I never try any of their specials.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #524 on: January 23, 2015, 01:15:40 PM »

If you're going to wait that long, why not just make a lovely and healthy homemade meal?

I don't have any groceries, just yet.  I'm not going to Walmart until this evening after supper.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies