Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:03:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207801 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: January 23, 2015, 01:22:48 PM »

I'm betting he stopped at the McDonalds on the OK turnpike.......Bushie?

Why waste time at McDonald's when you can wait another hour and a half, get all the way home, and treat yourself to Braum's?  I haven't gotten the Braum's, yet, but I am home and will be going right after the 1100 news to pay my February rent and get some lunch.

That's awesome! How close are you to 300 now?

One of the things I miss most on my new diet is sandwiches and pizza. i bet I could tear through some Braum's right now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #526 on: January 23, 2015, 01:37:49 PM »

Why waste time at McDonald's when you can wait another hour and a half, get all the way home, and treat yourself to Braum's?  I haven't gotten the Braum's, yet, but I am home and will be going right after the 1100 news to pay my February rent and get some lunch.

That's awesome! How close are you to 300 now?

One of the things I miss most on my new diet is sandwiches and pizza. i bet I could tear through some Braum's right now.

I'm still at 290 as of this past Tuesday morning.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #527 on: January 23, 2015, 07:17:16 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2015, 07:19:26 PM by HockeyDude »

Why waste time at McDonald's when you can wait another hour and a half, get all the way home, and treat yourself to Braum's?  I haven't gotten the Braum's, yet, but I am home and will be going right after the 1100 news to pay my February rent and get some lunch.

Is Braum's featuring any seasonal specials, Bushie?  We can only hope they've dropped that 4-cheesed monstrosity in favor of faux-Caribbean/Hawaiian nonsense to get the minds off the cold.

No seasonal specials that I know of, although I get the same thing every time I go there.  I never try any of their specials.

Bacon cheeseburger and fries, then?  Are there any Braum's where you are a regular?  Kind of like a regular at the local watering hole, but with beef and Christians instead of beer and mistakes.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #528 on: January 23, 2015, 07:44:56 PM »

no answer on the scaling back of the cable package.

im guessing that is crazy talk to suggest such a thing.

Bushie answered a few pages back in a long post. Cancelling the cable package means "living like someone from the 1940s" and that he'd have to "sleep all day" with no entertainment.

that's funny since he is the one who is always championing good old fashioned living.

i guess super duper cable packages (paid for by your parents) is old fashioned?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #529 on: January 24, 2015, 12:30:57 PM »

I've been awake since about 0810.  I went to Best Buy a couple of hours ago to get some ink for my printer and I'm just sitting here watching some college hoops.  Right now, I'm watching Tulsa take on East Carolina on ESPN News.  I tried to lay down about 1015, but my head started hurting almost immediately, so I got up after just 5 minutes.  At 1715, I am going to Claremore, OK for a Sunday School Fellowship with the church that I go to in Tulsa.  I look forward to worshipping with them again tomorrow morning.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #530 on: January 24, 2015, 12:38:12 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2015, 12:40:14 PM by SMilo »

Ok St looking horrible all of a sudden - losing bad again. Tulsa may be the ones challenging the Sooners for state bragging rights! Who'd a thunk it?

Once Tulsa pulls away, it's only logical to watch Kentucky finally lose (I hope)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #531 on: January 24, 2015, 12:49:28 PM »

Ok St looking horrible all of a sudden - losing bad again. Tulsa may be the ones challenging the Sooners for state bragging rights! Who'd a thunk it?

Once Tulsa pulls away, it's only logical to watch Kentucky finally lose (I hope)

At this point, I'm thinking OSU is a solid NIT team.  OU should still be a mid-seed NCAA Tourney team.  Tulsa currently is down by 6 at the half (35-29) to an 8-10 East Carolina club.  Tulsa is not looking real sharp today.  I think Tulsa really should be ranked with their record and should be a 10-12 seed in the Big Dance.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #532 on: January 24, 2015, 01:03:22 PM »

Do you print things often? I cannot remember the last time I printed a document from my home computer. Definately not since 2011, when I got my first smartiephone.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #533 on: January 24, 2015, 01:09:04 PM »

Do you print things often? I cannot remember the last time I printed a document from my home computer. Definately not since 2011, when I got my first smartiephone.

I print semi-frequently.  Right now, mainly resumes and bill payment confirmations.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #534 on: January 24, 2015, 01:12:50 PM »

Huh
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #535 on: January 24, 2015, 01:24:19 PM »

Whenever I pay a bill online or make some sort of banking transaction, there is always a confirmation page.  I print that out to keep for my records just in case there is a problem later and proof is needed that I paid the bill.  It's a safety mechanism that Mom taught me.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #536 on: January 24, 2015, 02:10:45 PM »

Whenever I pay a bill online or make some sort of banking transaction, there is always a confirmation page.  I print that out to keep for my records just in case there is a problem later and proof is needed that I paid the bill.  It's a safety mechanism that Mom taught me.
My confusion was not about what but about why. You always have your banking records available. You're just wasting paper, ink, and money. There's also the security issue of having personal info printed, which must either be shredded (more money) or thrown out. Your parents give the worst advice ever.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #537 on: January 24, 2015, 02:27:32 PM »

My confusion was not about what but about why. You always have your banking records available. You're just wasting paper, ink, and money. There's also the security issue of having personal info printed, which must either be shredded (more money) or thrown out. Your parents give the worst advice ever.

We do that especially for bill payments made through the bank's website instead of through the actual merchant's website.  Mom has had to use that before.  She paid the bill through her bank's website, but the merchant never received and was trying to charge her monstrous late fees.  She had to show the merchant that she did indeed send the money to them, but it must have been a transmission error.  Turns out that's what it was.  Situation was resolved fine and without harm, but if she had not had those printed confirmations, it could have turned out different.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #538 on: January 24, 2015, 02:46:49 PM »

I don't believe for a second that the bank gave you a confirmation but had no record of it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #539 on: January 24, 2015, 02:53:15 PM »

A printed HTML page is not an official document and not really be helpful in proving anything.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #540 on: January 24, 2015, 03:00:22 PM »

Bushie really needs to go back to Central North Oklahoma State University and demand his ecommerce degree money back.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #541 on: January 24, 2015, 03:07:31 PM »

Printing a internet page is not proof of anything. You can easily alter it. My credit card company always emails me when I make a payment to confirm they received it, so saving the email is just the same as printing out something. It's really just a waste of ink to print the emails out.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #542 on: January 24, 2015, 03:19:02 PM »

Look, guys, we all have our own ways of doing our finances.  My mother is not wrong nor wasteful in what she does.  She has good reasons to do so and she taught me very well.  Her advice, while not perfect, is nowhere near the worst advice ever.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #543 on: January 24, 2015, 03:27:02 PM »

Bushie really needs to go back to Central North Oklahoma State University and demand his ecommerce degree money back.

Does South Central Northwest Oklahoma University Of Phoenix Technical School offer refunds?  Or maybe head back for a Masters in CAD(D)?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #544 on: January 24, 2015, 03:51:35 PM »

Look, guys, we all have our own ways of doing our finances.  My mother is not wrong nor wasteful in what she does.  She has good reasons to do so and she taught me very well.  Her advice, while not perfect, is nowhere near the worst advice ever.

And how's that working out for you? Got your six-month safety net in the bank?

Their irritation comes from you likely spending a decent little chunk of money on ink (it's not cheap, and God help you if you bought color ink) when the free alternatives are numerous -- if those confirmation pages are that important, take a screenshot of them or save them as a PDF (usually an option), save them to your computer in an organized bill pay folder and email them to yourself so you have a version saved in the cloud.

Lots of little ways you could be saving money, Jeff, and $15 here and $30 there will make a difference to someone in your situation.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #545 on: January 24, 2015, 04:06:05 PM »

And how's that working out for you? Got your six-month safety net in the bank?

Their irritation comes from you likely spending a decent little chunk of money on ink (it's not cheap, and God help you if you bought color ink) when the free alternatives are numerous -- if those confirmation pages are that important, take a screenshot of them or save them as a PDF (usually an option), save them to your computer in an organized bill pay folder and email them to yourself so you have a version saved in the cloud.

Lots of little ways you could be saving money, Jeff, and $15 here and $30 there will make a difference to someone in your situation.

I bought black ink. My color ink levels are still moderately-high and I rarely use color ink.  I also spent a little more money to get the XL which is supposed to have twice the amount of ink of a regular cartridge.  It wasn't cheap, but it should last me quite a while as I don't print all that often.  I think it's a normal expense whether or not it is a little pricey or not.  I used my Best Buy credit card so I got 10% off.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #546 on: January 24, 2015, 04:27:45 PM »

What do you do with all of the documents you have printed? Do you have a filing cabinet?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #547 on: January 24, 2015, 04:29:41 PM »

You really could just save a PDF of every confirmation and only print them out if you need to for some reason.

That would save ink and time, and decrease clutter of all that loose paper sitting around. If you're worried about computer crashes, save them into Dropbox or onto a flash drive.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #548 on: January 24, 2015, 04:31:59 PM »

Perhaps NWOSU teaches its student about eCommerce the same way Bob Jones University teaches its students about evolution.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #549 on: January 24, 2015, 04:58:17 PM »

What do you do with all of the documents you have printed? Do you have a filing cabinet?

I don't keep them too long.  I only keep them until I know the merchant has received my payment and my current balance reflects the payment.  I don't own a shredder, so I always just rip up the sheet into little bitty strips and throw it away.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies