Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:44:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207256 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: January 25, 2015, 01:58:51 PM »

Bushie what did you originally want to major in before you got sucked into e-commerce?

As a child, I wanted to major in meteorology at the University of Oklahoma.  Unfortunately, though, I did not have the proper ACT score to get into OU, so I had to go to a regional university.

You could have transferred to ou.

I probably could have, but I was having so much fun at Northwestern and I felt comfortable in the small town of Alva.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Strenuous_Life
There's nothing quite like an aristocrat preaching the virtues of hard work.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #576 on: January 25, 2015, 02:26:37 PM »

Bushie what did you originally want to major in before you got sucked into e-commerce?

As a child, I wanted to major in meteorology at the University of Oklahoma.  Unfortunately, though, I did not have the proper ACT score to get into OU, so I had to go to a regional university.

I probably could have, but I was having so much fun at Northwestern and I felt comfortable in the small town of Alva.

Teddy started on third base, but he definitely made sure he got as much as exercise as possible on the run from third to home.
TTS1996
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #577 on: January 25, 2015, 02:34:02 PM »

As this challenge to take up a strenuous life comes from a discredited effete snobbish nabob of plutocracy, from a political dynasty with a Hyde Park upbringing, it is now UTTERLY FINE for a fat slob to say he
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
and
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
at Backwoods University AND NO ONE CAN QUESTION THAT ESPECIALLY NOT TEDDY ROOSEVELT.

Anyone who says otherwise may be forgiven if they admit they just don’t understand the Brown family.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #578 on: January 25, 2015, 03:59:32 PM »

I was being sarcastic. I'm not aware of Jeff buying such a thing, but the fact that it was being taken seriously kind of sums up the problem.

It's really not a good idea to just make stuff up like that, because people are going to believe it and start throwing it around as a real fact. Remember how half of Update believed (still believes?) that Bushie was listening to the radio at his Tulsa CADD job.

Didn't he admit to listening to the radio!

No, it was a reference to the movie "Office Space," in which a dorky character wants to listen to the radio (without headphones or anything) at work.

You're hardly the only one not to pick up on the reference though -- it must be a more obscure movie that I realized.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #579 on: January 25, 2015, 03:59:59 PM »

good lord
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #580 on: January 25, 2015, 05:59:18 PM »

I was being sarcastic. I'm not aware of Jeff buying such a thing, but the fact that it was being taken seriously kind of sums up the problem.

It's really not a good idea to just make stuff up like that, because people are going to believe it and start throwing it around as a real fact. Remember how half of Update believed (still believes?) that Bushie was listening to the radio at his Tulsa CADD job.

No, it was a reference to the movie "Office Space," in which a dorky character wants to listen to the radio (without headphones or anything) at work.

You're hardly the only one not to pick up on the reference though -- it must be a more obscure movie that I realized.

I love Office Space, I just don't recall Milton saying that. (I mainly just associate him with the infamous red stapler, never getting cake at the office birthday parties and idle threats to set the building on fire.)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #581 on: January 25, 2015, 06:08:04 PM »

I can't find a clip of it on YouTube, but I'm fairly sure it was one of Milton's first lines in the movie.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #582 on: January 25, 2015, 06:15:30 PM »

that was the funny part...someone made a joke about bushie playing the radio.  turns out he did play the radio at work!

can you confirm once again bushe that you listened to the radio at work?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #583 on: January 25, 2015, 06:18:43 PM »

that was the funny part...someone made a joke about bushie playing the radio.  turns out he did play the radio at work!

Yes, I can confirm again.  I'm not shying away from it.  Many American workers listen to the radio at work softly and no one bats an eye.   When Bushie listens to his iTunes at work with headphones, he gets laughed at by a room full of internet strangers.  Double standard?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #584 on: January 25, 2015, 06:20:53 PM »

Bushie is there a reason you've turned so violently against President Barack Obama in the past few weeks? Do you blame him for your current unemployment situation?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #585 on: January 25, 2015, 06:24:03 PM »

Yes, I can confirm again.  I'm not shying away from it.  Many American workers listen to the radio at work softly and no one bats an eye.   When Bushie listens to his iTunes at work with headphones, he gets laughed at by a room full of internet strangers.  Double standard?

I'm not laughing; I think it's perfectly reasonable. I usually have NPR livestreaming at my desk in the morning. Some of my co-workers use Pandora or Spotify; one of the partners has a legit Bose setup in his office to listen to his opera music; someone else just listens to horrid Top 40 music on a radio. Granted, we all have our own offices with walls and doors so no one is interfering with anyone else. But if you're using headphones, I don't see why it would be an issue.

Bushie is right on this. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with listening to music at work if it doesn't impinge on others.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #586 on: January 25, 2015, 06:25:12 PM »

Bushie is there a reason you've turned so violently against President Barack Obama in the past few weeks? Do you blame him for your current unemployment situation?

His administration has been an absolute catastrophe for the country.  His policies are by and large devastating and debilitating to the country.  On top of that, he's too arrogant.  It's his way or the highway.  He expects every person in America to think like him and welcome his liberal, progressive, anti-Christian agenda.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #587 on: January 25, 2015, 06:26:41 PM »

I'm not laughing; I think it's perfectly reasonable. I usually have NPR livestreaming at my desk in the morning. Some of my co-workers use Pandora or Spotify; one of the partners has a legit Bose setup in his office to listen to his opera music; someone else just listens to horrid Top 40 music on a radio. Granted, we all have our own offices with walls and doors so no one is interfering with anyone else. But if you're using headphones, I don't see why it would be an issue.

Bushie is right on this. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with listening to music at work if it doesn't impinge on others.

Music sure keeps the stress level down.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #588 on: January 25, 2015, 06:31:49 PM »

His administration has been an absolute catastrophe for the country.  His policies are by and large devastating and debilitating to the country.  On top of that, he's too arrogant.  It's his way or the highway.  He expects every person in America to think like him and welcome his liberal, progressive, anti-Christian agenda.

Let me guess:  Obama was the latest topic of conversation in a recent church sermon*, or with the aunt and uncle who stayed with Granny last week?

* b-b-but don't you dare take away our tax exemption!!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #589 on: January 25, 2015, 06:32:31 PM »

1.  didnt you vote for obama...twice?  (then again so did i)

2.  what kind of music did you listen to at work?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #590 on: January 25, 2015, 06:32:47 PM »

His administration has been an absolute catastrophe for the country.  His policies are by and large devastating and debilitating to the country.  On top of that, he's too arrogant.  It's his way or the highway.  He expects every person in America to think like him and welcome his liberal, progressive, anti-Christian agenda.

What made you change your mind about him? Was it the declining employment rate? Or the surging GDP? Or maybe the quickly dropping price of gas? Or the ten million fewer uninsured people? Because you voted for him twice.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #591 on: January 25, 2015, 06:34:27 PM »

Let me guess:  Obama was the latest topic of conversation in a recent church sermon*, or with the aunt and uncle who stayed with Granny last week?

It definitely seems like Bushie was given a stern talking to around the table at one of the twenty-seven family dinners he ate last week about the dangers of that black Kenyan Marxist interloper in the WHITE house.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #592 on: January 25, 2015, 06:37:03 PM »

There's a pretty big difference in a man bringing an actual radio to work and blaring it out for the whole office to hear (which was the movie reference that some people took seriously) and a man listening to iTunes music (which isn't actually "the radio") at work with headphones on (which is common at lots of companies).

Granted, Bushie should be the one pointing this out, and not me, but it's not nearly close enough to be "haha this movie reference was actually right!"
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #593 on: January 25, 2015, 06:42:29 PM »

His administration has been an absolute catastrophe for the country.
How so? We're better off as a country than we were in January 2009 by virtually any objective measure.

His policies are by and large devastating and debilitating to the country. 
Which ones? Who has been devastated?

On top of that, he's too arrogant.  It's his way or the highway.
Can you cite examples of this? Almost all liberals feel that he is too eager to compromise and give in to Republicans.

He expects every person in America to think like him and welcome his liberal, progressive, anti-Christian agenda.
Can you cite examples of him being anti-Christian? I can't think of a single one.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #594 on: January 25, 2015, 06:44:10 PM »

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #595 on: January 25, 2015, 06:46:29 PM »

You'd think somebody has to drive 30 miles each way to do anything would appreciate low gas prices. But, I guess as far as Bushie is concerned, it's $0/gallon no matter what.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #596 on: January 25, 2015, 06:46:51 PM »

Let me guess:  Obama was the latest topic of conversation in a recent church sermon*, or with the aunt and uncle who stayed with Granny last week?

* b-b-but don't you dare take away our tax exemption!!

No, he hasn't been the topic of recent church sermons that I've heard or dinner table conversations that I've been a part of.

To answer Lief, the things you mentioned are good and I give the president credit for those.  However, with the more jobs, you do realize the majority of the jobs that have been created are not adequate, leaving the workers still largely underemployed.  I do realize that being underemployed is still better than being unemployed, but if Americans are still largely underemployed, the poverty rate isn't going to go down very quickly.  I also do not like his executive action on immigration.  That is not going to secure our borders and basically gives jobs and drivers licenses to illegal immigrants taking those away from American citizens who desperately need those jobs.  I also don't like his administration forcing businesses to cater to same-sex couples when they choose not to do so (for instance, the wedding cake bakery in Denver).  Any business should be allowed to be selective and to deny whom they serve, gay or straight, if they so desire.  It's a part of the free enterprise system we have in the United States.  There are several more things I find troubling in this administration.  I realize he cannot control what individual judges will rule, but still it reflects on him.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #597 on: January 25, 2015, 06:47:16 PM »

Good movie.  But dated.  We're old, Harry.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #598 on: January 25, 2015, 06:49:12 PM »

You'd think somebody has to drive 30 miles each way to do anything would appreciate low gas prices. But, I guess as far as Bushie is concerned, it's $0/gallon no matter what.

I would prefer $3.00 a gallon.  The low, low prices are killing oil field jobs in Oklahoma.  I have several friends who work in the oil field and they have reported massive layoffs due to the low oil prices.  Oil should be around $80 a barrel as a general rule according to some of my oil field worker friends.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #599 on: January 25, 2015, 06:50:03 PM »

1.  didnt you vote for obama...twice?  (then again so did i)

2.  what kind of music did you listen to at work?

Christian
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies