Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:31:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208067 times)
Panda Express

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: January 25, 2015, 06:50:53 PM »

I think BushOklahoma is bitter because most Americans have been able to get employed thanks to Barack Obama except for him. BushOklahoma likes higher unemployment because it doesn't make him seem so sorry.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #601 on: January 25, 2015, 06:58:09 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2015, 07:00:12 PM by memphis »

Bushie, are you under the impression that Obama has pushed for some sort of federal Gay Civil Rights law? Because he certainly has not. If a few states or munis have local laws, and some do, that has nothing to do with the President. Do you think photographers, bakers, whoever, should get to boycott mixed race weddings if they are opposed to those too? Shall we bring back Jim Crow altogether for those businesses that are opposed to all forms of race mixing?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #602 on: January 25, 2015, 07:05:25 PM »

To answer Lief, the things you mentioned are good and I give the president credit for those.  However, with the more jobs, you do realize the majority of the jobs that have been created are not adequate, leaving the workers still largely underemployed.  I do realize that being underemployed is still better than being unemployed, but if Americans are still largely underemployed, the poverty rate isn't going to go down very quickly.  I also do not like his executive action on immigration.  That is not going to secure our borders and basically gives jobs and drivers licenses to illegal immigrants taking those away from American citizens who desperately need those jobs.  I also don't like his administration forcing businesses to cater to same-sex couples when they choose not to do so (for instance, the wedding cake bakery in Denver).  Any business should be allowed to be selective and to deny whom they serve, gay or straight, if they so desire.  It's a part of the free enterprise system we have in the United States.  There are several more things I find troubling in this administration.  I realize he cannot control what individual judges will rule, but still it reflects on him.

Should businesses be able to throw out black people if they so desire?

And if this really is all about religious liberty, why hasn't there been any controversy about a bakery refusing to make a cake for someone on their second, third, etc., marriage? Could it be that bakers don't really care and are just happy to sell their the cakes, but a few attention-whore insincere bakers just want to make a big scene about gays to drum up business, knowing that a whole bunch of right-wingers will show up to their bakeries to "stick it to Obama" ?

Bakers generally never know the details of the events where their cakes will be consumed anyway, and bakers never complain about that -- except for a couple of them whining about gay marriage (but no other "sins").
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #603 on: January 25, 2015, 07:14:33 PM »

Catastrophe is a bit much, but Bushie has never been a subtle one.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #604 on: January 25, 2015, 07:17:17 PM »

Have any of your church buddies or mooching family members called Obama a n, darkie, jungle bunny, coon, gay lover, or spade?  You are parroting someone.  
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #605 on: January 25, 2015, 07:23:05 PM »

I wonder what Bushie's views are concerning the Obama birth certificate...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #606 on: January 25, 2015, 07:24:33 PM »

Have any of your church buddies or mooching family members called Obama a n, darkie, jungle bunny, coon, gay lover, or spade?  You are parroting someone. 

No.  We may not like him, but we don't slander or insult him.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #607 on: January 25, 2015, 07:27:05 PM »

bushie, i know you are a student of severe weather, do you believe in global climate change, or is it a liberal conspiracy?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #608 on: January 25, 2015, 07:27:09 PM »

I wonder what Bushie's views are concerning the Obama birth certificate...

Obama is definitely an American citizen.  I do not believe his birth certificate was altered in any way and that he was indeed born in Hawaii, which makes him a US citizen.  What's funny, though, and Mr. Trump doesn't get this, is that even if he was born in Kenya, his mother was born in Kansas so that makes him a US citizen.  I have never questioned Obama's legitimacy or constitutional qualifications.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #609 on: January 25, 2015, 07:28:39 PM »

Bushie is there a reason you've turned so violently against President Barack Obama in the past few weeks? Do you blame him for your current unemployment situation?

His administration has been an absolute catastrophe for the country.  His policies are by and large devastating and debilitating to the country.  On top of that, he's too arrogant.  It's his way or the highway.  He expects every person in America to think like him and welcome his liberal, progressive, anti-Christian agenda.

What made you change your mind about him? Was it the declining employment rate? Or the surging GDP? Or maybe the quickly dropping price of gas? Or the ten million fewer uninsured people? Because you voted for him twice.

Lief, conservatives like ODF are not concerned with these menial accomplishments.  To please Bushie, consider...

1. Is that boy gettin uppity?

2. Is he trying to establish a theocracy?

If your answers are "yes sir-eee bob" and "but muh Jesus" you have a "catastrophe".
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #610 on: January 25, 2015, 07:28:46 PM »

bushie, i know you are a student of severe weather, do you believe in global climate change, or is it a liberal conspiracy?

I do not believe in global warming, but I do not believe it is a liberal conspiracy.  I believe the world has natural warming and cooling cycles and that we are just in a typical warming pattern and that we will eventually cool back down.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #611 on: January 25, 2015, 07:30:21 PM »

Bushie is there a reason you've turned so violently against President Barack Obama in the past few weeks? Do you blame him for your current unemployment situation?

His administration has been an absolute catastrophe for the country.  His policies are by and large devastating and debilitating to the country.  On top of that, he's too arrogant.  It's his way or the highway.  He expects every person in America to think like him and welcome his liberal, progressive, anti-Christian agenda.

Let me guess:  Obama was the latest topic of conversation in a recent church sermon*, or with the aunt and uncle who stayed with Granny last week?

* b-b-but don't you dare take away our tax exemption!!

No, he hasn't been the topic of recent church sermons that I've heard or dinner table conversations that I've been a part of.

To answer Lief, the things you mentioned are good and I give the president credit for those.  However, with the more jobs, you do realize the majority of the jobs that have been created are not adequate, leaving the workers still largely underemployed.  I do realize that being underemployed is still better than being unemployed, but if Americans are still largely underemployed, the poverty rate isn't going to go down very quickly.  I also do not like his executive action on immigration.  That is not going to secure our borders and basically gives jobs and drivers licenses to illegal immigrants taking those away from American citizens who desperately need those jobs.  I also don't like his administration forcing businesses to cater to same-sex couples when they choose not to do so (for instance, the wedding cake bakery in Denver).  Any business should be allowed to be selective and to deny whom they serve, gay or straight, if they so desire.  It's a part of the free enterprise system we have in the United States.  There are several more things I find troubling in this administration.  I realize he cannot control what individual judges will rule, but still it reflects on him.

Scary that Bushie basically a communist on the Oklahoma political scale.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #612 on: January 25, 2015, 07:31:32 PM »

I do not believe in global warming, but I do not believe it is a liberal conspiracy.  I believe the world has natural warming and cooling cycles and that we are just in a typical warming pattern and that we will eventually cool back down.

You are a ******* horror on all levels, Bushie.  Jesus ****.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #613 on: January 25, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »

You are a ******* horror on all levels, Bushie.  Jesus ****.

"Brought to you by the state that has given Jim Inhofe 55%+ of the statewide vote four times."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #614 on: January 25, 2015, 07:33:31 PM »

Tomorrow, I am going to wake up around 0730 and hop in the shower and get started on the job search for the week shortly after 0800.  I am going to call a recruiter that I was talking to on Thursday about trying to get an interview set up in West Tulsa either tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday.  I think she was out of the office most of the day, or all day, on Friday as I wasn't able to get a hold of her.  I'm hoping for a successful week to close out the month of January 2015.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #615 on: January 25, 2015, 07:35:06 PM »

Tomorrow, I am going to wake up around 0730 and hop in the shower and get started on the job search for the week shortly after 0800.  I am going to call a recruiter that I was talking to on Thursday about trying to get an interview set up in West Tulsa either tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday.  I think she was out of the office most of the day, or all day, on Friday as I wasn't able to get a hold of her.  I'm hoping for a successful week to close out the month of January 2015.

So what?  Would you like to explain why any and all credible scientists are wrong on global warming but you are right?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #616 on: January 25, 2015, 07:39:38 PM »

And if this really is all about religious liberty, why hasn't there been any controversy about a bakery refusing to make a cake for someone on their second, third, etc., marriage? Could it be that bakers don't really care and are just happy to sell their the cakes, but a few attention-whore insincere bakers just want to make a big scene about gays to drum up business, knowing that a whole bunch of right-wingers will show up to their bakeries to "stick it to Obama" ?

Bakers generally never know the details of the events where their cakes will be consumed anyway, and bakers never complain about that -- except for a couple of them whining about gay marriage (but no other "sins").

Yeah ... this. Curious as to your answer, Jeff. Why is it OK for a business to say, "I don't like this lifestyle and refuse to cater to it," when it's not in other instances. "Religious conviction" is, as you know, just an excuse for bigotry, because -- ya know, gay people put penises in butts, and that's gross. Thereforce, no cake.

And this is honestly a tricky situation. If you let a business get away with refusing service because of, essentially, something they don't like about a person, you're opening them up to do that to anyone for any reason. Simply cite "religious belief," and exclusion is OK.

On the other hand, I know elements of the gay community would take this too far ... find a Suzie Homemaker business that is adorned with religious iconography and they'll order a cake festooned in leather harnesses and dildos just to make a person feel uncomfortable and raise a fuss when the baker says, "No, I won't do that."

Lots of blurry lines with this issue. But at the heart of it, Jeff, I want to know if you genuinely think I -- if I'm behaving as a sensible, non-disruptive and law-abiding citizen -- should be able to be denied service anywhere (a business or, as in the regulations recently discussed in Kansas, government service agencies) if someone just doesn't like who I sleep with at night.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #617 on: January 25, 2015, 07:40:49 PM »

You'd think somebody has to drive 30 miles each way to do anything would appreciate low gas prices. But, I guess as far as Bushie is concerned, it's $0/gallon no matter what.

I would prefer $3.00 a gallon.  The low, low prices are killing oil field jobs in Oklahoma.  I have several friends who work in the oil field and they have reported massive layoffs due to the low oil prices.  Oil should be around $80 a barrel as a general rule according to some of my oil field worker friends.

Why should all of us in non-oil field jobs pay an extra $1.25 a gallon — a good $15 or $20 per week — to subsidize your couple of friends who work in the oil industry? Far more Americans benefit from lower oil prices than higher ones. Businesses too.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #618 on: January 25, 2015, 07:42:12 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2015, 08:20:54 PM by Governor Varavour »

that was the funny part...someone made a joke about bushie playing the radio.  turns out he did play the radio at work!

can you confirm once again bushe that you listened to the radio at work?

Yes, I can confirm again.  I'm not shying away from it.  Many American workers listen to the radio at work softly and no one bats an eye.   When Bushie listens to his iTunes at work with headphones, he gets laughed at by a room full of internet strangers.  Double standard?

Third person? Delusions of grandeur?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #619 on: January 25, 2015, 08:03:01 PM »

Yeah ... this. Curious as to your answer, Jeff. Why is it OK for a business to say, "I don't like this lifestyle and refuse to cater to it," when it's not in other instances. "Religious conviction" is, as you know, just an excuse for bigotry, because -- ya know, gay people put penises in butts, and that's gross. Thereforce, no cake.

And this is honestly a tricky situation. If you let a business get away with refusing service because of, essentially, something they don't like about a person, you're opening them up to do that to anyone for any reason. Simply cite "religious belief," and exclusion is OK.

On the other hand, I know elements of the gay community would take this too far ... find a Suzie Homemaker business that is adorned with religious iconography and they'll order a cake festooned in leather harnesses and dildos just to make a person feel uncomfortable and raise a fuss when the baker says, "No, I won't do that."

Lots of blurry lines with this issue. But at the heart of it, Jeff, I want to know if you genuinely think I -- if I'm behaving as a sensible, non-disruptive and law-abiding citizen -- should be able to be denied service anywhere (a business or, as in the regulations recently discussed in Kansas, government service agencies) if someone just doesn't like who I sleep with at night.

Perhaps I overreacted.  All I'm saying is business owners should not have to serve anyone and everyone that comes into their establishment.  They reap their own rewards.  Business owners have just as much right to turn me down if they so choose.  I'm not targeting the gay community exclusively.  I'm just thinking about truly free enterprise.  If people, of all colors, religious affiliations, and sexual orientations would stop getting so butt hurt over every little gust of wind that doesn't go their way, this world would be a lot better off and people could tolerate each other a whole lot better.  Again, religious people such as me are just as much to blame in getting butt hurt over every little thing as the non-religious community.  I will admit, I am just as much to blame, as well.  I am preaching to myself just as much, if not more, than anybody else.  So, don't act like I'm only targeting the gay community or pointing fingers.  I am not.  I am including everybody in this sermon, including myself.  As I tell those whom I have influence over, if you see me pointing a finger, just remember there are three more fingers pointing right back at me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #620 on: January 25, 2015, 08:04:10 PM »

You'd think somebody has to drive 30 miles each way to do anything would appreciate low gas prices. But, I guess as far as Bushie is concerned, it's $0/gallon no matter what.

I would prefer $3.00 a gallon.  The low, low prices are killing oil field jobs in Oklahoma.  I have several friends who work in the oil field and they have reported massive layoffs due to the low oil prices.  Oil should be around $80 a barrel as a general rule according to some of my oil field worker friends.

Why should all of us in non-oil field jobs pay an extra $1.25 a gallon — a good $15 or $20 per week — to subsidize your couple of friends who work in the oil industry? Far more Americans benefit from lower oil prices than higher ones. Businesses too.

Why should Oklahoma's economy as a whole suffer just because the rest of the country doesn't want to spend an extra dollar a gallon (which is really not that much in the grand scheme of things)?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #621 on: January 25, 2015, 08:12:08 PM »

Why should Oklahoma's economy as a whole suffer just because the rest of the country doesn't want to spend an extra dollar a gallon (which is really not that much in the grand scheme of things)?

It is "that much." This has been like a tax cut for the middle class. Instead of spending $70 every time I fill up my tank, I'm spending $35. On my other car, it's $25 instead of $40. That's an extra $1,200 a year under normal conditions. Spend it or save it, this will have economically a wider a more-substantive impact than if a few oil businesses had slightly higher profits.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #622 on: January 25, 2015, 08:13:33 PM »

It is "that much." This has been like a tax cut for the middle class. Instead of spending $70 every time I fill up my tank, I'm spending $35. On my other car, it's $25 instead of $40. That's an extra $1,200 a year under normal conditions. Spend it or save it, this will have economically a wider a more-substantive impact than if a few oil businesses had slightly higher profits.

So, nobody cares about Oklahoma's economy or their workers?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #623 on: January 25, 2015, 08:19:24 PM »

I was being sarcastic. I'm not aware of Jeff buying such a thing, but the fact that it was being taken seriously kind of sums up the problem.

It's really not a good idea to just make stuff up like that, because people are going to believe it and start throwing it around as a real fact.

Good point.  It's a bit like the time Bushie ran over three cats with his car and set his house on fire.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #624 on: January 25, 2015, 08:19:58 PM »

So, nobody cares about Oklahoma's economy or their workers?

How much should I care? Enough to drop another $1,200 per year? That's a high price for a family to pay to ensure Oklahoma workers are cared for.

The oil industry makes enormous profits and benefits from significant tax loopholes and will continue to do so. This is a "needs of the many" situation. Lower gas prices may mean a slowdown in the previous years' boom, but a strengthening economy tied to those lower prices may ensure jobs for the ultimately few who are impacted negatively.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies