Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:04:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207759 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: January 25, 2015, 09:48:57 PM »

What about cases where it's not someone's sincere "religious conviction" but they're just pretending it is to fool right-wing Christians into shopping there?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #651 on: January 25, 2015, 10:01:51 PM »

What about cases where it's not someone's sincere "religious conviction" but they're just pretending it is to fool right-wing Christians into shopping there?

It doesn't have to be classified as religious conviction.  If the business owner, save the fields I previously mentioned, doesn't want to serve somebody, I don't think they should have to provide a reason.  The particular business owner who turns somebody down will just have to eat the revenue the person they rejected would have provided and have to accept that said person will go to a competitor who welcomes them.  A business should be free to turn someone down, but expect nobody to fill in the void.  Also, the business owner should expect word of mouth against them to be spread.  They will have to realize they may lose more than just one sale.  The business owner will have to ask themselves is turning someone away worth the risk of negative backlash by the general public?
Panda Express

« Reply #652 on: January 25, 2015, 10:04:18 PM »

You never answered the question - should a bakery be allowed to refuse to make a wedding cake for black people?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #653 on: January 25, 2015, 10:07:07 PM »

You never answered the question - should a bakery be allowed to refuse to make a wedding cake for black people?

If the business owner wants to assume the risk of bad publicity, then yes.

The same can be said for a black business owner refusing to serve whites.0
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #654 on: January 25, 2015, 10:14:34 PM »

The same can be said for a black business owner refusing to serve whites.0

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #655 on: January 25, 2015, 10:18:33 PM »

So you do want to repeal the 1964 Civil Rights law and replace it with something far weaker. At first you said food should be covered, but not a wedding cake (which is, in fact, food) because it is a luxury. Should luxury housing not be covered by the Fair Housing Act either? Of course, Mr. and Mrs Those People you may rent any home you can afford, so long as the landlord is ok with your skin color and BushOklahoma doesn't find it too luxurious for your needs. In any case, you still have not made the connection between Civil Rights laws in the current President who has passed exactly zero of them.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #656 on: January 25, 2015, 10:20:40 PM »

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/fat-and-sugar-heavy-diet-harms-your-brain-and-makes-you-keep-eating

Uh oh, Bushie!  Gosh dern libruls makin fun of good down home c**ntry cookin again!  Don't that be all?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #657 on: January 25, 2015, 10:21:06 PM »

Look, guys, I am not going to answer any more questions.  You all are trying to trap me and I'm not going to fall into your trap.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #658 on: January 25, 2015, 10:23:00 PM »

Bushie, I don't think your current avatar is right for you. You've expressed (a lot of it today), that you:

• Don't Believe in Climate Change
  • Believe Immigrants are going to take yer jerb
  • Want to repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964
  • Dislike Barack Obama
  • Ignore Basic Economic Sense
  • Oppose Gay Marriage
  • A passionate love for Christ
  • Voted for Lankford

Have you thought about joining the Republican Party? They'd be the perfect fit for you!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #659 on: January 25, 2015, 10:23:19 PM »

Look, guys, I am not going to answer any more questions.  You all are trying to trap me and I'm not going to fall into your trap.

I'm not trying to trap you. I just want you to be aware that most of the people whining about how serving gays is against their religion or whatever are actually just doing at a big $$ ploy, and that people with similar religious views to you and buying it hook, line, and sinker.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #660 on: January 25, 2015, 10:26:22 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2015, 10:27:55 PM by HockeyDude »

Look, guys, I am not going to answer any more questions.  You all are trying to trap me and I'm not going to fall into your trap.

What trap?  That would be suggesting asking if business owners can discriminate based on their religious beliefs that woild mean they can discriminate based on other things is not fair game.  There is no trap here.  You are just stubborn when your reasoning is called out for being complete BS based on your personal feelings.  Wow!  What a shocking coincidence with  the people you are trying to defend.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #661 on: January 25, 2015, 10:27:42 PM »

Bushie you're posting a political forum. It's sort of expected that you defend your views, especially if they're ripped straight out of the George Wallace for President 1968 campaign platform.
Reginald
« Reply #662 on: January 25, 2015, 10:29:16 PM »

Don't fret too much guys, he'll have totally different views next week.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #663 on: January 25, 2015, 10:30:28 PM »

Bushie you're posting a political forum. It's sort of expected that you defend your views, especially if they're ripped straight out of the George Wallace for President 1968 campaign platform.

The amazing thing about Update: Bushie wants to broadcast his entire life to the world, but then retreats to wanting it to only be mundane hour-by-hour schedules with pointless positive feedback.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #664 on: January 25, 2015, 10:34:07 PM »

I have defended my views for the past three or more hours.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #665 on: January 25, 2015, 10:37:43 PM »

Bushie, I don't think your current avatar is right for you. You've expressed (a lot of it today), that you:

• Oppose Gay Marriage

He came out in favor of that two years ago, didn't he?:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=171090.msg3669736#msg3669736
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #666 on: January 25, 2015, 10:39:37 PM »

Don't fret too much guys, he'll have totally different views next week.

Nah.  His crowd are true birds of a feather.  I can see them all now: discussing what travesty Obama has befell Murica this time in a circle in the church basement before they head out and watch the Super Bowl with a tall, frosty round of lemonades.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #667 on: January 25, 2015, 10:44:21 PM »

• Oppose Gay Marriage

I am mistaken. His posting history does suggest he is not to big on the gays though.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #668 on: January 25, 2015, 10:47:11 PM »

• Oppose Gay Marriage

I am mistaken. His posting history does suggest he is not to big on the gays though.

I believe he's backtracked on that one.  Christians get ansy when they don't have someone to hate and blame their problems on.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #669 on: January 25, 2015, 10:53:22 PM »

• Oppose Gay Marriage

I believe he's backtracked on that one.  Christians get ansy when they don't have someone to hate and blame their problems on.

He did largely backtrack, yes, at least partially.  He later endorsed Christie for president because Christie (mostly) opposes gay marriage, yet not enough to fight it in the courts:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=182005.msg3936591#msg3936591

Of course, the fact that Bushie supports Christie for prez (rather than a Carson or Cruz or Huckabee) probably makes him the most left-wing member of his family or social circle.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #670 on: January 25, 2015, 11:05:17 PM »

I, for one, enjoy rehashing debates from the mid 20th century. We've done all the contemporary ones to death on here. Bushie, how do you feel about lead paint? Should businesses have the right to sell it and consumers the right to buy it or should President Obama tell the good people of Oklahoma what kind of paint they can buy for their own homes? The lead leaves a beautiful shiny color behind!
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #671 on: January 25, 2015, 11:09:42 PM »

Bushie! Some of the most loyal Update readers are gay! Why do you hurt your "fans" so Sad
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #672 on: January 25, 2015, 11:25:03 PM »

What a great read these last few pages.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #673 on: January 26, 2015, 12:18:45 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2015, 12:24:17 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

Reverend Bushie, in his infinite Christ-loving wisdom, wants immigrant families to be separated because dey our err jerbs!!!! The lazy man, who takes naps all day, is scared that his job has been taken by hard-working Mexican or Guatemalan immigrants.

As of today, TheDeadFlagBlues curse is in effect. From here on out, Bushie will plagued by unforeseen events that detrimentally effect his life until he pledges to support immigrant and gay rights. Bushie will never get a job or find a woman or a child to love on until he loves immigrants like they're his brothers. I'm calling on the powers of Tonantzin to ensure that this curse is carried out.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #674 on: January 26, 2015, 12:27:42 AM »

Reverend Bushie, in his infinite Christ-loving wisdom, wants immigrant families to be separated because dey our err jerbs!!!! The lazy man, who takes naps all day, is scared that his job has been taken by hard-working Mexican or Guatemalan immigrants.

As of today, TheDeadFlagBlues curse is in effect. From here on out, Bushie will plagued by unforeseen events that detrimentally effect his life until he pledges to support immigrant and gay rights. Bushie will never get a job or find a woman or a child to love on until he loves immigrants like they're his brothers. I'm calling on the powers of Tonantzin to ensure that this curse is carried out.

You're funny.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies