Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:56:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208002 times)
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: January 26, 2015, 01:07:25 AM »

I also don't like his administration forcing businesses to cater to same-sex couples when they choose not to do so (for instance, the wedding cake bakery in Denver).  Any business should be allowed to be selective and to deny whom they serve, gay or straight, if they so desire.

Putting aside your stance on this issue, what did the Obama administration have to do with the wedding cake case in Denver? That had to do with Colorado's state anti-discrimination laws, not any policy that the Obama administration has ever pursued, so how on Earth is that an example of Obama's administration being a "catastrophe for our country?"
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #676 on: January 26, 2015, 02:07:31 AM »

Bushie, I don't think your current avatar is right for you. You've expressed (a lot of it today), that you:

• A passionate love for Christ

Have you thought about joining the Republican Party? They'd be the perfect fit for you!

That is NOT a right-wing position and is hardly a reason to join the Republican Party. In fact anyone who truly holds this would not fit in well with what the Republican Party stands for...at all.

I agree with the point in regards to the rest of the list though.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #677 on: January 26, 2015, 02:13:50 AM »

Bushie, I don't think your current avatar is right for you. You've expressed (a lot of it today), that you:

• A passionate love for Christ

Have you thought about joining the Republican Party? They'd be the perfect fit for you!

That is NOT a right-wing position and is hardly a reason to join the Republican Party. In fact anyone who truly holds this would not fit in well with what the Republican Party stands for...at all.

I agree with the point in regards to the rest of the list though.

In theory, yes, being altruistic and loving thy neighbor ala Christ is more in line with the tenants with the left. In practice however, the most fervently religious Americans lean toward the right. Furthermore, several items on my list (and others I excluded for length's sake), are not necessarily a binary on political affiliation. They are just simply part of the average Republican picture.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #678 on: January 26, 2015, 05:30:29 AM »

Bushie, I am not going to press you for a detailed defense of your position, but can you clarify what is your position on gay marriage right now?  It is rather odd that you made a big deal out of coming out in favor of it in 2013, and then subsequently announced your support for Christie, specifically citing the fact that he was against gay marriage, but not enough to fight it in court.  And then last year, speaking of Allison, you said that she was "more open to gay marriage and more accepting of medical marijuana" than you are.

Are you one of the only people in the USA to more more towards "anti" on gay marriage over the past two years?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #679 on: January 26, 2015, 07:38:14 AM »

Guys, we're in Bushie's radical right-wing idiot phase now. This happens every cycle. It's best just to ignore the nonsense until he has different "views" in a few months.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #680 on: January 26, 2015, 09:34:49 AM »

Guys, we're in Bushie's radical right-wing idiot phase now. This happens every cycle. It's best just to ignore the nonsense until he has different "views" in a few months.

Perhaps a recent family game-plan has decided this the the angle they are going to take with politics for awhile.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #681 on: January 26, 2015, 09:56:05 AM »

Bushie should definitely marry a nice young Mexican girl. She'll be devoutly into Jesus and know how to make him plenty of Taco Salad.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #682 on: January 26, 2015, 10:01:39 AM »

Bushie should definitely marry a nice young Mexican girl. She'll be devoutly into Jesus and know how to make him plenty of Taco Salad.

A brown?  That might be worse than a negro in OK......but not worse than a gay.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #683 on: January 26, 2015, 10:09:16 AM »

A brown?  That might be worse than a negro in OK......but not worse than a gay.

Not worse than a black, Uncle Gramps.  I think they go with a basic sliding color scale.

Now a brown vs. a bone-ay-fah-dee Injun?  Now there's a challenge.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #684 on: January 26, 2015, 10:13:17 AM »

Bushie, I am not going to press you for a detailed defense of your position, but can you clarify what is your position on gay marriage right now?  It is rather odd that you made a big deal out of coming out in favor of it in 2013, and then subsequently announced your support for Christie, specifically citing the fact that he was against gay marriage, but not enough to fight it in court.  And then last year, speaking of Allison, you said that she was "more open to gay marriage and more accepting of medical marijuana" than you are.

Are you one of the only people in the USA to more more towards "anti" on gay marriage over the past two years?

It's simple: he's an attention seeker and bigot who wanted to get an extra burst of attention way back when he said that and/or didn't want to face criticism from the forum for being a bigot. Of course, and as with all of Bushie's lies, he can never keep a consistent series of talking points for too long before it all unravels.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #685 on: January 26, 2015, 11:17:37 AM »

Bushie's move to the far right is why he needs to stop spending so much time living with his family and go out living with people, even church people, his own age.

His opinions sound grumpier than our resident Grumps.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #686 on: January 26, 2015, 11:26:34 AM »

His opinions sound grumpier than our resident Grumps.

He hardly has any real opinions. It's just repetition of what has been heard elsewhere.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #687 on: January 26, 2015, 11:42:27 AM »

Hi, guys.  I certainly didn't mean to sound the least bit racist or bigoted last night.  Although, bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress.  The constant probing questions was getting to me and that no one was accepting my answers and leaving it on the table.  I was just trying to make a statement, yet we got led down the rabbit trail.  I'm certainly not a racist as is no one in Oklahoma.  I am appalled by the recent posts continuing to paint Oklahoma as unwelcoming to blacks and gays.  Everyone knows what was said is not true.  We have a big black population in Oklahoma and they are not discriminated against or targeted.  Gay marriage is legal in Oklahoma and most people I talk to outside my own family are becoming more accepting of the gay community.  We don't have to agree with them, but we accept them for who they are.  Sally Kern doesn't accept them, though, and has made headlines this week with a controversial bill.  I like Sally as a person.  She is a great Christian woman and loves the Lord and loves her family, but her views are too extreme for me.  She is so far to the right that she is not even in the mainstream in Oklahoma.  That takes talent.  Anyway, just had to put that out there.  I am not a racist and neither is my state.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #688 on: January 26, 2015, 11:43:59 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2015, 11:45:34 AM by HockeyDude »

Hi, guys.  I certainly didn't mean to sound the least bit racist or bigoted last night. Although, bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress.  The constant probing questions was getting to me and that no one was accepting my answers and leaving it on the table.  I was just trying to make a statement, yet we got led down the rabbit trail.  I'm certainly not a racist as is no one in Oklahoma.  I am appalled by the recent posts continuing to paint Oklahoma as unwelcoming to blacks and gays.  Everyone knows what was said is not true.  We have a big black population in Oklahoma and they are not discriminated against or targeted.  Gay marriage is legal in Oklahoma and most people I talk to outside my own family are becoming more accepting of the gay community.  We don't have to agree with them, but we accept them for who they are.  Sally Kern doesn't accept them, though, and has made headlines this week with a controversial bill.  I like Sally as a person.  She is a great Christian woman and loves the Lord and loves her family, but her views are too extreme for me.  She is so far to the right that she is not even in the mainstream in Oklahoma.  That takes talent.  Anyway, just had to put that out there.  I am not a racist and neither is my state.

Uhhhhh.... what?

EDIT: Didn't even catch the second bolded bit.

Bushie, this is the stupidest post in Atlas history.  Congrats.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #689 on: January 26, 2015, 11:53:44 AM »

I'm more interested in the claim that there are no racists in Oklahoma. Not one!

This claim shows Bushie has a severe disconnect with reality.  Get the man some professional help.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #690 on: January 26, 2015, 11:57:43 AM »

HaHa, ODF is great. Please don't provoke or make him mad guys. Just ask more questions without incident so I can read his wonderful answers! They are the highlight of my day.

In other news, yet another relevant Onion content has come our way:

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #691 on: January 26, 2015, 12:04:14 PM »

Bushie, how would some of your Okie brethren, not knowing you were daddy to two African kids, treat them if they walked into some rural restaurant?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #692 on: January 26, 2015, 12:04:19 PM »

Hi, guys.  I certainly didn't mean to sound the least bit racist or bigoted last night. Although, bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress.

Jeff, in what context is bigotry not a bad thing? (honestly curious)

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #693 on: January 26, 2015, 12:09:22 PM »

I'm pretty sure Jeff just is confusing the term bigotry with profiling. It's debatable but not controversial to supporting profiling.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #694 on: January 26, 2015, 12:09:57 PM »

Hi, guys.  I certainly didn't mean to sound the least bit racist or bigoted last night.  Although, bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress.  The constant probing questions was getting to me and that no one was accepting my answers and leaving it on the table.  I was just trying to make a statement, yet we got led down the rabbit trail.  I'm certainly not a racist as is no one in Oklahoma.  I am appalled by the recent posts continuing to paint Oklahoma as unwelcoming to blacks and gays.  Everyone knows what was said is not true.  We have a big black population in Oklahoma and they are not discriminated against or targeted.  Gay marriage is legal in Oklahoma and most people I talk to outside my own family are becoming more accepting of the gay community.  We don't have to agree with them, but we accept them for who they are.  Sally Kern doesn't accept them, though, and has made headlines this week with a controversial bill.  I like Sally as a person.  She is a great Christian woman and loves the Lord and loves her family, but her views are too extreme for me.  She is so far to the right that she is not even in the mainstream in Oklahoma.  That takes talent.  Anyway, just had to put that out there.  I am not a racist and neither is my state.

1. First Bolded. I certainly is horrendous

2.  Second bolded,  that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard

3.  The woman is PURE HATE

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #695 on: January 26, 2015, 12:10:29 PM »

I'm more interested in the claim that there are no racists in Oklahoma. Not one!

Of course there are racists, but the vast majority of Oklahomans are not racist.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #696 on: January 26, 2015, 12:12:57 PM »

I'm so glad ODF gave us a wall o' text this morning to help clarify his positions after yesterday.  It certainly helped clear up a few things and resolve any lingering questions!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #697 on: January 26, 2015, 12:13:25 PM »

Of course there are racists, but the vast majority of Oklahomans are not racist.

That's not what you said.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #698 on: January 26, 2015, 12:13:29 PM »

Bushie, how would some of your Okie brethren, not knowing you were daddy to two African kids, treat them if they walked into some rural restaurant?

They'd be welcomed warmly, sat down at a table, have their drink order taken and filled, then their food order, maybe engage in a little side chit chat with the waitress, given their check, take their payment, and then be told "Have a nice day, please come back."   Much like any white person.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #699 on: January 26, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »

Hi, guys.  I certainly didn't mean to sound the least bit racist or bigoted last night. Although, bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress.

Jeff, in what context is bigotry not a bad thing? (honestly curious)

Christians must follow the Biblical view of gay marriage.  The Bible does not support gay marriage.  The world sees anybody who does not support gay marriage as a bigot, but these "bigots" were just following a higher law - the Bible and the author of the Bible - Almighty God.  Following what the Bible says is never a bad thing, thus, in this case it is acceptable to be labeled as a bigot.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies