Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:46:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207856 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: January 26, 2015, 12:20:04 PM »

This season is going to be the best of all with these doozies.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #701 on: January 26, 2015, 12:20:06 PM »

Hi, guys.  I certainly didn't mean to sound the least bit racist or bigoted last night.  Although, bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress.  The constant probing questions was getting to me and that no one was accepting my answers and leaving it on the table.  I was just trying to make a statement, yet we got led down the rabbit trail.  I'm certainly not a racist as is no one in Oklahoma.  I am appalled by the recent posts continuing to paint Oklahoma as unwelcoming to blacks and gays.  Everyone knows what was said is not true.  We have a big black population in Oklahoma and they are not discriminated against or targeted.  Gay marriage is legal in Oklahoma and most people I talk to outside my own family are becoming more accepting of the gay community.  We don't have to agree with them, but we accept them for who they are.  Sally Kern doesn't accept them, though, and has made headlines this week with a controversial bill. I like Sally as a person.  She is a great Christian woman and loves the Lord and loves her family, but her views are too extreme for me.  She is so far to the right that she is not even in the mainstream in Oklahoma.  That takes talent.  Anyway, just had to put that out there.  I am not a racist and neither is my state.

1. First Bolded. I certainly is horrendous

2.  Second bolded,  that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard

3.  The woman is PURE HATE

I've met Sally Kern in person.  She is genuinely a very nice lady and loves her God and loves her family and loves her Oklahoma.  She is a staunch conservative.  She is extreme in her political views, but I can attest that she is genuinely a very nice lady, so is her husband Steve and her kids.  Incidentally, her oldest son was my music and youth minister back in the mid 1990's.  He is now a real estate agent in Des Moines, Iowa.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #702 on: January 26, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »

Bushie, how would some of your Okie brethren, not knowing you were daddy to two African kids, treat them if they walked into some rural restaurant?

They'd be welcomed warmly, sat down at a table, have their drink order taken and filled, then their food order, maybe engage in a little side chit chat with the waitress, given their check, take their payment, and then be told "Have a nice day, please come back."   Much like any white person.

This reminds me of the second-to-last scene in the screen epic "Giant".
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #703 on: January 26, 2015, 12:21:15 PM »

Bushie, how would some of your Okie brethren, not knowing you were daddy to two African kids, treat them if they walked into some rural restaurant?

They would shoot first, ask question later. You know that, Grumps.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #704 on: January 26, 2015, 12:21:59 PM »

This season is going to be the best of all with these doozies.

That's what I was thinking... Lol. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #705 on: January 26, 2015, 12:22:33 PM »

They would shoot first, ask question later. You know that, Grumps.

Or find a rope.......yep.  

Bushie how many applications since Friday have you put in, including today?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #706 on: January 26, 2015, 12:23:04 PM »

Hi, guys.  I certainly didn't mean to sound the least bit racist or bigoted last night. Although, bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress.

Jeff, in what context is bigotry not a bad thing? (honestly curious)

Christians must follow the Biblical view of gay marriage.  The Bible does not support gay marriage.  The world sees anybody who does not support gay marriage as a bigot, but these "bigots" were just following a higher law - the Bible and the author of the Bible - Almighty God.  Following what the Bible says is never a bad thing, thus, in this case it is acceptable to be labeled as a bigot.

So you don't support gay marriage now?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #707 on: January 26, 2015, 12:24:04 PM »

All in favor of believing ODF is totally trolling us these last several days, say Amen.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #708 on: January 26, 2015, 12:27:37 PM »

Hi, guys.  I certainly didn't mean to sound the least bit racist or bigoted last night. Although, bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress.

Christians must follow the Biblical view of gay marriage.  The Bible does not support gay marriage.  The world sees anybody who does not support gay marriage as a bigot, but these "bigots" were just following a higher law - the Bible and the author of the Bible - Almighty God.  Following what the Bible says is never a bad thing, thus, in this case it is acceptable to be labeled as a bigot.

I didn't say that.  This is one view that's difficult for me.  I love gays and I have several friends who are gay.  I try to tell myself that I'm against gay marriage, but my heart supports their right to love who they want to love and their right to have the same rights as straight people do.  My brain and my heart are not on the same page.  It is a real battle.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #709 on: January 26, 2015, 12:49:15 PM »

I didn't say that.  This is one view that's difficult for me.  I love gays and I have several friends who are gay.  I try to tell myself that I'm against gay marriage, but my heart supports their right to love who they want to love and their right to have the same rights as straight people do.  My brain and my heart are not on the same page.  It is a real battle.

Wait, so your brain represents your Christian beliefs in this analogy?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #710 on: January 26, 2015, 12:56:27 PM »

I'm going to skip the pro-bigotry comments, as other posters have already covered that ground and point out this absurdity.
We have a big black population in Oklahoma.
You most certainly do not. We have more of those people just here in my hometown than you have in your entire state.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #711 on: January 26, 2015, 01:02:49 PM »

Bushie, why do you identify as a Democrat when it is apparent you don't really hold any beliefs they hold?

It seems like you've taken a wild turn right, which is fine, but I have no idea why you still consider yourself a democrat.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #712 on: January 26, 2015, 01:04:40 PM »

Hi, guys.  I certainly didn't mean to sound the least bit racist or bigoted last night. Although, bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress.

Christians must follow the Biblical view of gay marriage.  The Bible does not support gay marriage.  The world sees anybody who does not support gay marriage as a bigot, but these "bigots" were just following a higher law - the Bible and the author of the Bible - Almighty God.  Following what the Bible says is never a bad thing, thus, in this case it is acceptable to be labeled as a bigot.

You do realize people can have a view on something, but do NOT want to make laws that everyone else must follow based off those views.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #713 on: January 26, 2015, 01:05:43 PM »

You do realize God did not write a single word of the Bible, right?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #714 on: January 26, 2015, 01:06:13 PM »

Hi, guys.  I certainly didn't mean to sound the least bit racist or bigoted last night.  Although, bigotry is not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress.  The constant probing questions was getting to me and that no one was accepting my answers and leaving it on the table.  I was just trying to make a statement, yet we got led down the rabbit trail.  I'm certainly not a racist as is no one in Oklahoma.  I am appalled by the recent posts continuing to paint Oklahoma as unwelcoming to blacks and gays.  Everyone knows what was said is not true.  We have a big black population in Oklahoma and they are not discriminated against or targeted.  Gay marriage is legal in Oklahoma and most people I talk to outside my own family are becoming more accepting of the gay community.  We don't have to agree with them, but we accept them for who they are.  Sally Kern doesn't accept them, though, and has made headlines this week with a controversial bill. I like Sally as a person.  She is a great Christian woman and loves the Lord and loves her family, but her views are too extreme for me.  She is so far to the right that she is not even in the mainstream in Oklahoma.  That takes talent.  Anyway, just had to put that out there.  I am not a racist and neither is my state.

1. First Bolded. I certainly is horrendous

2.  Second bolded,  that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard

3.  The woman is PURE HATE

I've met Sally Kern in person.  She is genuinely a very nice lady and loves her God and loves her family and loves her Oklahoma.  She is a staunch conservative.  She is extreme in her political views, but I can attest that she is genuinely a very nice lady, so is her husband Steve and her kids.  Incidentally, her oldest son was my music and youth minister back in the mid 1990's.  He is now a real estate agent in Des Moines, Iowa.

No one who is a nice person, spews the level of hate that comes out of her mouth.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #715 on: January 26, 2015, 01:09:35 PM »

Bushie, why do you identify as a Democrat when it is apparent you don't really hold any beliefs they hold?

It seems like you've taken a wild turn right, which is fine, but I have no idea why you still consider yourself a democrat.

You're forgetting that even with the crazy right-wing vitriol over the last few pages, he's still very much left of center for Oklahoma.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #716 on: January 26, 2015, 01:15:44 PM »

I would still like an answer to this:
Bushie, how do you feel about lead paint? Should businesses have the right to sell it and consumers the right to buy it or should President Obama tell the good people of Oklahoma what kind of paint they can buy for their own homes? The lead leaves a beautiful shiny color behind!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #717 on: January 26, 2015, 01:16:46 PM »

Changing the subject, I've got a meeting with another recruiter in SE Tulsa today at 1330.  I wouldn't go so far as to call this an interview, but it is something.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #718 on: January 26, 2015, 01:19:00 PM »

Yeah, that Bushie... being a Democrat when he holds no views of their national party. Who would do such a thing? Heh
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #719 on: January 26, 2015, 01:40:17 PM »

I changed my avatar... Everyone happy?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #720 on: January 26, 2015, 01:43:50 PM »

Bushie...I don't think this works.

The fact that you have ever voted for any Demoncrat ever automatically makes you a far left Marxist in Oklahoma. In fact, not only did you vote for a run of the mill Demoncrat, you voted for the Kenyan in the White Hut twice. That's an unforgivable sin in Oklahoma. You're trapped either way. Sad Though maybe I-OK would work?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #721 on: January 26, 2015, 01:47:16 PM »

The fact that you have ever voted for any Demoncrat ever automatically makes you a far left Marxist in Oklahoma. In fact, not only did you vote for a run of the mill Demoncrat, you voted for the Kenyan in the White Hut twice. That's an unforgivable sin in Oklahoma. You're trapped either way. Sad Though maybe I-OK would work?

I thought about I-OK, but I decided on R-OK on account of my support for Chris Christie.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #722 on: January 26, 2015, 01:49:42 PM »

I thought about I-OK, but I decided on R-OK on account of my support for Chris Christie.

I'm surprised you support Christie. Do you have anything in common with him besides size?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #723 on: January 26, 2015, 01:53:25 PM »

I'm surprised you support Christie. Do you have anything in common with him besides size?

IIRC the reason Bushie supports Christie is, and I am not joking, because Christie sorta of kinda opposes gay marriage but not enough to do anything about it but he still definitely opposes it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #724 on: January 26, 2015, 01:55:34 PM »

When you see Christie do you see yourself?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies